Shadow PC

Has anyone here used shadow pc?

Comments

• @KenTech said:

You should add more details when you start a thread. Also this should be moved to offtopic maybe?

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• @somik said:

You should add more details when you start a thread. Also this should be moved to offtopic maybe?

She needs threads and 11 more posts to claim her vps. Ignore her

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @KenTech 50 posts and not 50 threads.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@KenTech said:

Please, stop spamming the forum.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint _MS_

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @KenTech said:

I used shadow drive for a while in the past if that's counted.

• @vyas said:

@somik said:

She needs threads and 11 more posts to claim her vps. Ignore her

LOL, thought that was the case!

@dosai said:
    @KenTech 50 posts and not 50 threads.

Instructions unclear:

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• Only elite haxxors use shadow computers and stash things inside other things. :relieved:

• I have used Shadow on and off since they have had a European offering. I actually had a great experience with it for a while but the last time I tried it the service seemed relatively poor. It's great if you have a really good network connection but for the hardware you get now, the price is definitely not worth it.

You could get a similarly specced machine for a few months worth of service cost and if you already have a good network connection, could then use that for Parsec if you needed to access it remotely.

I used Shadow a lot when I was travelling and didn't really have a fixed location - and it did the job, but most of the time I stuck to an old fashioned RDP connection anyway.

Important note: you're not allowed to use it for any form of hosting, including game servers etc. Their abuse policy on people keeping machines awake when they are not being used for actual client computing is pretty strict from what I have heard too. I never had an issue personally, but I only used it for software development, media rendering and the odd game.

• @Yorkie said:
    I have used Shadow on and off since they have had a European offering. I actually had a great experience with it for a while but the last time I tried it the service seemed relatively poor. It's great if you have a really good network connection but for the hardware you get now, the price is definitely not worth it.

You could get a similarly specced machine for a few months worth of service cost and if you already have a good network connection, could then use that for Parsec if you needed to access it remotely.

I used Shadow a lot when I was travelling and didn't really have a fixed location - and it did the job, but most of the time I stuck to an old fashioned RDP connection anyway.

Important note: you're not allowed to use it for any form of hosting, including game servers etc. Their abuse policy on people keeping machines awake when they are not being used for actual client computing is pretty strict from what I have heard too. I never had an issue personally, but I only used it for software development, media rendering and the odd game.

didn't know that they force you to shutdown the vm i only knew that it would shutdown if you didn't use it