VPN Unlimited Deal $ 15 with Coupon

Comments

• @Ympker said: Only customers with Lifetime Personal VPN Servers or Personal Static IPs

The Lifetime Personal VPN is another product, isn't it? Therefore I would believe that this rule shouldn't affect normal deals, including Lifetime Deals. However, for 15 bucks, I would say that such a limit is a fair deal. Bandwidth isn't growing on trees and most users won't need it anyways I guess.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • edited May 2020

And then there's people like me who do/did (on my old 500mbs connection) 1tb in a few days. And that's not torrents.

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited May 2020

@schnafi said:

@Ympker said: Only customers with Lifetime Personal VPN Servers or Personal Static IPs

The Lifetime Personal VPN is another product, isn't it? Therefore I would believe that this rule shouldn't affect normal deals, including Lifetime Deals. However, for 15 bucks, I would say that such a limit is a fair deal. Bandwidth isn't growing on trees and most users won't need it anyways I guess.

Aha, didn't mean the personal plan. Was rather referring to "personal" use. I agree that at this price point such a limit is more than fine imho.

@serv_ee said:
    And then there's people like me who do/did (on my old 500mbs connection) 1tb in a few days. And that's not torrents.

I hear ya, although most VPN that offer LTDs will have a similar clause.

Ivacy does not limit bandwidth or data usage per user; however the use of service is subjected to fair usage. Creating automated or manual VPN sessions in a manner that would impersonate a bot or exerting excessive load on the network that may disturb other users on the network, or utilizing substantially excessive bandwidth that exceeds the average user bandwidth usage for an extended duration etc., all will be considered as unfair usage of the network. Ivacy reserves the right to temporary suspend or permanently terminate users found involved in unfair usage of its services.

Ivacy doesn't name a limit but I'd rather have 900GB of quality BW from VPNUnlimited than "unlimited" (non defined) by Ivacy's not so great bw/stability. Furthermore, it says "bw reduced" with VPNUnlimited Fair Use Policy so I wouldn't even care so much. Probably limiting to maybe 20-50 Mbit/s. Any of that would still be fine if the limit only applies till the rest of the month. If that happens it's just "normal"/non-heavy usage till the rest of the month.

edited May 2020

@serv_ee

Update: I contacted VPNUnlimited support regarding the 900GB/month FUP and they said the following:

Your connection speed may drop to 5 Mbit/s, or it may not drop at all.

Throttling only lasts until the end of month though. Sounds fair enough to me. If they want LTD users pushing more than 900GB/month I think that is still a reasonable limit. I also see no problem when they don't limit regular monthly/yearly paying customers since they pay much more than us LTD ppl who purchased for 15-40$ lifetime. With 5 Mbit/s you can still watch YouTube in HD and browse normally :) On my 1 Mbit/s O2 Telefonica (mobile phone isp) throttle I can even watch YouTube, Netflix and Twitch.

Thanked by (1)Ouji
  • RahulRahul OG
    edited May 2020

@Ympker said: With 5 Mbit/s you can still watch YouTube in HD

I can vouch for this, as I was also able to watch movies at 1080p on Prime Video with a cap of 5 Mbit/s set by me for the TV.

There was no delay during the movie. I think 5 Mbit/s is considered the bare minimum now a days for most cases.

BTW, I grabbed one, new to stacksocial and Non-DIY VPN. Thank you @vyas

Thanked by (2)Ympker vyas

@Rahul said:

I can vouch for this, as I was also able to watch movies at 1080p on Prime Video with a cap of 5 Mbit/s set by me for the TV.

There was no delay during the movie. I think 5 Mbit/s is considered the bare minimum now a days for most cases.

Welcome to the family :)

• @Ympker said: On my 1 Mbit/s O2 Telefonica (mobile phone isp) throttle I can even watch YouTube, Netflix and Twitch.

I upgraded my plan because my telecom company throttled me at 3Mbps after the data limit. YouTube was barely watchable with that

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Rahul said:

Cool...
    Which setting Did you use for Prime?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @vyas said:

@Rahul said:

Cool...

Looking forward :)

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said: On my 1 Mbit/s O2 Telefonica (mobile phone isp) throttle I can even watch YouTube, Netflix and Twitch.

I upgraded my plan because my telecom company throttled me at 3Mbps after the data limit. YouTube was barely watchable with that

Probably also depends on the LTE reception. 1 Mbit/s with good reception perhaps performs better than 3 Mbit/s with bad reception? Can only speak out of my own experience with 1 Mbit/s.

• RahulRahul OG
    edited May 2020

@vyas said: Cool...

It's a general idea ( not really related to VPN) ,

I setup a separate WLAN on my main router with the above said limit and isolated it from my LAN.

The Prime Video app on my TV ( Not Android TV) does not have the option to change or set bandwidth usage limit ( Maybe on most ? ) like as on the Web / Smartphone Version.

I have a lowend legacy plan with my cable ISP, Great speed and stable but monthly FUP ( And cost =) ) is very less.

• @Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said: On my 1 Mbit/s O2 Telefonica (mobile phone isp) throttle I can even watch YouTube, Netflix and Twitch.

Probably also depends on the LTE reception. 1 Mbit/s with good reception perhaps performs better than 3 Mbit/s with bad reception? Can only speak out of my own experience with 1 Mbit/s.

maybe due to me watching 1080p videos on 2x speed :P . But I thought 480p need at least 1.5Mbit? Are you watching on 360p?

edited May 2020

Just throwing this in since I am on it rn:

WIP: Adding a list of LE users that use the VPNs mentioned in my comparison chart to the Google Table Document:

• Added KeepsolidVPN. Found a whopping 36 LE users who are using it (probably more that I have missed). List has been updated.

Next up: Ivacy, FastestVPN, Windscribe Pro. Stay tuned :)

• These feel like data mining tactics to me personally. $15 for lifetime usage seems unsustainable otherwise.

@sureiam said:
    These feel like data mining tactics to me personally. $15 for lifetime usage seems unsustainable otherwise.

I can imagine they also have lots of regular paying customers but you'll never know, I guess.

• @sureiam said:
    These feel like data mining tactics to me personally. $15 for lifetime usage seems unsustainable otherwise.

Actually the service provider only gets 25 to 30 percent of the sale price. Stacksocial takes the rest.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG

Looks like they've got this too: https://stacksocial.com/sales/seed4-me-lifetime-subscription-unlimited-devices
    Are they any good?

edited May 2020

@SagnikS said:
    Looks like they've got this too: https://stacksocial.com/sales/seed4-me-lifetime-subscription-unlimited-devices
    Are they any good?

There is a free giveaway of 1 year licenses for Seed4Me almost every year. From what I have seen and heard and taking into account this regular giveaway I don't trust them one bit. No reason for me to prefer them over Keepsolid, WS, Ivacy, or even FastestVPN.

Latest giveaway: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/979/seed4-me-vpn-giveaway

TL;DR: If I pay for a VPN, it wouldn't be Seed4Me VPN. If you want to make use of their 1 year freebies, go ahead and try.

@Ympker said:

@SagnikS said:
    Are they any good?

There is a free giveaway of 1 year licenses for Seed4Me almost every year. From what I have seen and heard and taking into account this regular giveaway I don't trust them one bit. No reason for me to prefer them over Keepsolid, WS, Ivacy, or even FastestVPN.

Latest giveaway: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/979/seed4-me-vpn-giveaway

TL;DR: If I pay for a VPN, it wouldn't be Seed4Me VPN. If you want to make use of their 1 year freebies, go ahead and try.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for your insight. I'm thinking of going with the Keepsolid one, as my PrivateInternetAccess yearly subscription is expiring soon :sweat_smile:

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@SagnikS said:

@Ympker said:

@SagnikS said:
    Are they any good?

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for your insight. I'm thinking of going with the Keepsolid one, as my PrivateInternetAccess yearly subscription is expiring soon :sweat_smile:

Keepsolid is quite solid these days. Check my VPN LTD chart (sig) to see who else (from the LE users) has purchased Keepsolid :)

Thanked by (1)SagnikS
  • @Ympker said:

@SagnikS said:

@Ympker said:

@SagnikS said:
    Are they any good?

Keepsolid is quite solid these days. Check my VPN LTD chart (sig) to see who else (from the LE users) has purchased Keepsolid :)

Confirmed. I use custom config (Wireguard) for months and no issue at all.

Thanked by (2)Ympker SagnikS

Welp, just ended up getting it. Thanks guys, let's see how it goes :smiley:

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @SagnikS said:

You wont reget. I'm looking for another lifetime deal and solid like this. @Ympker any idea guy? Ivacy any good? How stable and speed compare to Keepsolid?

Thanked by (2)SagnikS Ympker
    edited May 2020

From initial testing, I can max out my ISP's bandwidth cap (50 Mbps) on an Indian server, and can reach about 43-45 Mbps on fast.com and Speedtest.net on an SG server. The Linux client is kinda meh, but I'll probably use the configs directly, so that's a non-issue. Not bad :P

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited May 2020

@SagnikS said:
    From initial testing, I can max out my ISP's bandwidth cap on an Indian server, and can reach about 43-45 Mbps on fast.com and Speedtest.net on an SG server. The Linux client is kinda meh, but I'll probably use the configs directly, so that's a non-issue. Not bad :P

VPN unlimited has atleast 5. Locations in India that helps

p.s You need a new isp :-)

@sonic said:

@SagnikS said:

You wont reget. I'm looking for another lifetime deal and solid like this. @Ympker any idea guy? Ivacy any good? How stable and speed compare to Keepsolid?

Ivacy sucks for connections from India . Their sole server is in Chennai you will be limited to using Singapore other Asia locations are bad. Chennai disconnects after 59 minutes or so or hangs

YMMv from other countries

Thanked by (1)SagnikS
    edited May 2020

@sonic said:

@SagnikS said:

I've been happy with Ivacy but it's important to understand what you are looking for. It is great for streaming and has worked okay on router level (ovpn) but the speed won't be like Windscribe. The Ivacy apps are buggy at times but overall I am happy and often use their browser extension. Out of the VPN LTDs I have that's about it. FastestVPN AND R4AW are budget solutions. FastestVPN is sometimes 2$ pay what you want on sale on Stacksocial. The gf uses Ivacy PPTP New York for unblocking/streaming CR USA and also has been happy.

@vyas said:

@SagnikS said:
    From initial testing, I can max out my ISP's bandwidth cap on an Indian server, and can reach about 43-45 Mbps on fast.com and Speedtest.net on an SG server. The Linux client is kinda meh, but I'll probably use the configs directly, so that's a non-issue. Not bad :P

Ivacy sucks for connections from India . Their sole server is in Chennai you will be limited to using Singapore other Asia locations are bad. Chennai disconnects after 59 minutes or so or hangs

VPN unlimited has atleast 5. Delhi Benga Hyderabad, Pune

Welp, that kinda sucks.
    About my internet, I pay a little less than $8/mo for an unmetred 60 up / 30 down connection (often reaches 80-100 Mbps down on peered stuff like YT, Netflix, torrents). The speeds are a bit low now because the cyclone Amphan cut a lot of fibers in my city, so my ISP is operating on a lower capacity than usual. Should be fixed soon :sweat_smile:

• @SagnikS said:

@vyas said:

@SagnikS said:

VPN unlimited has atleast 5. Delhi Benga Hyderabad, Pune

Welp, that kinda sucks.
    About my internet, I pay a little less than $8/mo for an unmetred 60 up / 30 down connection (often reaches 80-100 Mbps down on peered stuff like YT, Netflix, torrents). The speeds are a bit low now because the cyclone Amphan cut a lot of fibers in my city, so my ISP is operating on a lower capacity than usual. Should be fixed soon :sweat_smile:

I think you had mentioned your base is somewhere in the Northeast...
    Recovery has been slow in those parts I understand

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@vyas said:
    I think you had mentioned your base is somewhere in the Northeast...
    Recovery has been slow in those parts I understand

I'm from Kolkata, it hit pretty bad here, had no electricity for over 30 hours, but other areas got hit even worse. Many people were left homeless :anguished:, some areas got flooded. The fact that it happened during the lockdown made recovery even harder, as many ground technicians were not able to commute. Kindof a mess, but it's getting better.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • I would Ivacy is more mature for unblocking. Wireguard is the shit, but the unblocking servers for VPNUnlimited were unbearably slow last night when I was trying to watch Funimation. I will keep looking, but for evertyhing else VPNUnlimited seems better.