[VPSDime] Cage-free, Organic $1/month or $7/year VPS - 1 vCPU, 1GB RAM, 10GB SSD, 1TB Traffic

1235»

Comments

• @ecksor said:
    the only reason I can think of is my location which is, sorry to say, Russia

Don't be sorry that you are from Russia. There is nothing wrong with being citizen in one country or another. If a provider has scripts refusing your order automatically, simply move on to another provider. The internet has enough servers for you to use.

Thanked by (1)ecksor
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited June 2020

@ecksor said: "screening methods" leave something to be desired.

I am just trying to be helpful here so please take it as that.

Are you using a VPN, Proxy when ordering? The hosts you mentioned I am 90% sure allow that but they are a bit of an exception, most hosts at least ones based in Europe don't allow that and block orders automatically when placed via a VPN, Proxy, Tor, Other IP hiding service that includes HE.net or similar IP6 tunnels.

I can personally vouch for @serverian as someone with no malicious intent however like some of us he has also been very targeted by attacks in this LE* community historically so some of us do have screening methods that sadly are exclusionary sometimes but it is founded in trying to keep a better quality of service and is never personal.

Often when something is 'off' with an order it is best not to get drawn into a big discussion as sadly 9/10 of the genuine sounding arguments, counterpoints, requests for validation or call them what you will are also used by the people trying to bypass the system and we have no way to know who is genuine and who is not so self-protection mode kicks in and you get a very short, closed response.

Anyway, just a thought and a bit of outside perspective, it is impossible in this industry to keep everyone happy all of the time and sometimes it best to concentrate on the many instead of the edge cases even if that means genuine people miss out on occasion.

Other potential issues (again from my perspective) are the large distance between your billing address and IP, in my experience, Russia ISP's are actually pretty good at that so probably not the cause.

Inaccurate billing information, even just a bad phone number, this is VERY common when seeing orders from Russia and given the political climate, I understand why but it does impact order validation significantly.

Your domain or information you entered during order can raise alarm bells, it is not uncommon for people to put throw away potentially offensive information in some boxes when placing orders which they probably don't mean anything by but its a red flag all the same, like Hostname: fuckyoubitch.fuck, NS1: lol.no NS2: 1337.hax (just random examples but you get the point).

Email addresses, using disposable addresses is a big red flag for many reasons, using some of the free email providers can also be a red flag in some cases, for example about 50% of orders I accept via gmx result in abuse, I am sure the vast majority of gmx users don't have any malicious intent but given the volume in this context that is a red flag some hosts may not want to risk.

Finally, it could simply be that you pissed off another host privately or publicly (rightly or wrongly) at some point, you do seem quite quick to anger (maybe I am just misinterpreting your intent, not always easy in text form) and they put your comments on Fraudrecord as such some hosts just read that and think... "Yeah I don't want to deal with that for $1"

Anyway, the above is no reflection on VPSDime's methods I am just sharing some of my own past 10 years experience on spotting an "oh dear" order vs a "let them pass" order. :) :+1: my point is I am sure it is not personal and if anything I wrote perhaps leads to a "hmm that could be it" though and it is something you have control over then I hope it helps you.

Cheers.

Ant.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• ecksorecksor Retired

Hello,

Sorry, resounding 'no' to all potential problems that you've suggested.

The only thing I can think of is that I clicked on the offer link while being logged in to my Ramnode VPN, but logged off when placed the order, as it is always required. That explains why they asked for my LES username. If it's indeed true, such method of verification is not very well thought through, to put it mildly, and I am actually better off without their services.

Anyway, I appreciate your answer. I am not trying to bring down anyone, just have shared my own experience so other people would be prepared better.

• Being from Sri Lanka, most of my orders get flagged, and sometimes in the order form itself I comment saying my location and IP etc.
    Most providers understand this, after opening a support ticket.
    But at hetzner they refused me even after providing driving license. On third attempt ? I took a photo of the driving license and sent them. Then they approved. First 2 times, I send them a Adobe scan PDF. Must be the reason, since it can be Photoshopped.
    Its just how it is.

Thanked by (1)ecksor

@ecksor said: That explains why they asked for my LES username. If it's indeed true, such method of verification is not very well thought through, to put it mildly, and I am actually better off without their services.

Well no, not really, the offer was over about 4 days ago as is well detailed here already, he agreed to extend it for some LES members only as a gesture as it sold out so fast, as you only registered today here today maybe that is the reason that is why he would have asked for your username, perhaps this si just goodwill and kindness backfiring.

Anyway, it is what it is.

Thanked by (1)serverian

• ecksorecksor Retired
    edited June 2020

@AnthonySmith said:
    Well no, not really, the offer was over about 4 days ago as is well detailed here already, he agreed to extend it for some LES members only as a gesture as it sold out so fast, as you only registered today here today maybe that is the reason that is why he would have asked for your username, perhaps this si just goodwill and kindness backfiring.

Yep.

I am glad I brought it up though, so new people won't waste their time. Could have been nice to know beforehand that his offer was extended only to 'some LES members' and not to everyone. I've registered here just to send him a PM. Oh well.

Thank you for your reply.

P. S. How can I delete my account? Can't find this option in the settings. Thanks!

Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting
    edited June 2020

@ecksor said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Yep.

I am glad I brought it up though, so new people won't waste their time. Could have been nice to know beforehand that his offer was extended only to 'some LES members' and not to everyone. I've registered here just to send him a PM. Oh well.

Thank you for your reply.

P. S. How can I delete my account? Can't find this option in the settings. Thanks!

I will retire your account for you, having just clicked on your account to do that and seeing the email address you registered here with, if you used the same one to register at vpsdime I am not even a tiny bit surprised you were rejected.

The address is along the lines of: [email protected]

• @AnthonySmith said:

@ecksor said: "screening methods" leave something to be desired.

I am just trying to be helpful here so please take it as that.

Are you using a VPN, Proxy when ordering? The hosts you mentioned I am 90% sure allow that but they are a bit of an exception, most hosts at least ones based in Europe don't allow that and block orders automatically when placed via a VPN, Proxy, Tor, Other IP hiding service that includes HE.net or similar IP6 tunnels.

I can personally vouch for @serverian as someone with no malicious intent however like some of us he has also been very targeted by attacks in this LE* community historically so some of us do have screening methods that sadly are exclusionary sometimes but it is founded in trying to keep a better quality of service and is never personal.

Often when something is 'off' with an order it is best not to get drawn into a big discussion as sadly 9/10 of the genuine sounding arguments, counterpoints, requests for validation or call them what you will are also used by the people trying to bypass the system and we have no way to know who is genuine and who is not so self-protection mode kicks in and you get a very short, closed response.

Anyway, just a thought and a bit of outside perspective, it is impossible in this industry to keep everyone happy all of the time and sometimes it best to concentrate on the many instead of the edge cases even if that means genuine people miss out on occasion.

Other potential issues (again from my perspective) are the large distance between your billing address and IP, in my experience, Russia ISP's are actually pretty good at that so probably not the cause.

Inaccurate billing information, even just a bad phone number, this is VERY common when seeing orders from Russia and given the political climate, I understand why but it does impact order validation significantly.

Your domain or information you entered during order can raise alarm bells, it is not uncommon for people to put throw away potentially offensive information in some boxes when placing orders which they probably don't mean anything by but its a red flag all the same, like Hostname: fuckyoubitch.fuck, NS1: lol.no NS2: 1337.hax (just random examples but you get the point).

Email addresses, using disposable addresses is a big red flag for many reasons, using some of the free email providers can also be a red flag in some cases, for example about 50% of orders I accept via gmx result in abuse, I am sure the vast majority of gmx users don't have any malicious intent but given the volume in this context that is a red flag some hosts may not want to risk.

Finally, it could simply be that you pissed off another host privately or publicly (rightly or wrongly) at some point, you do seem quite quick to anger (maybe I am just misinterpreting your intent, not always easy in text form) and they put your comments on Fraudrecord as such some hosts just read that and think... "Yeah I don't want to deal with that for $1"

Anyway, the above is no reflection on VPSDime's methods I am just sharing some of my own past 10 years experience on spotting an "oh dear" order vs a "let them pass" order. :) :+1: my point is I am sure it is not personal and if anything I wrote perhaps leads to a "hmm that could be it" though and it is something you have control over then I hope it helps you.

Cheers.

Ant.

Some times weird stuff happen. I was faced with the country codes standard issue, my location is non-existent in some standard. As a result, I cannot register some provider. I had some discussions with some providers, but in the end I decided to give up. There're tons of provider in the market after all.

Action and Reaction in history