What email client do you use?

2»

Comments

• Thanks for all the responses, loads of great options!

Ended up switching to neomutt on desktop, and set it up to compile markdown emails into emails with two alternative contants: a plain text email, and a HTML email. That way people using plain text clients get a decent email out of it, but I can also do the formatting to make it look nice for people using clients that support HTML. I'll post a writeup of that on my blog fairly soon, as I haven't seen a full walkthrough of how to do it.

FastMail and Amazon WorkMail both look really nice...tempting me to move away from my plan to self host mail again

Thanked by (1)comi
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Google probably could tell me, but is neomutt a project of the same guys behind neovim?

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:

Google probably could tell me, but is neomutt a project of the same guys behind neovim?

I don't think so :) It's a fork of mutt that seemed to arise from disagreements on the code style of mutt - it's handy for my purposes because it supports "content-type: multipart/alternative" that lets me put the text/html alternative content in one email, which mutt didn't seem to be able to do.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @YellowHummingbird said:
    Thanks for all the responses, loads of great options!

Ended up switching to neomutt on desktop, and set it up to compile markdown emails into emails with two alternative contants: a plain text email, and a HTML email. That way people using plain text clients get a decent email out of it, but I can also do the formatting to make it look nice for people using clients that support HTML. I'll post a writeup of that on my blog fairly soon, as I haven't seen a full walkthrough of how to do it.

FastMail and Amazon WorkMail both look really nice...tempting me to move away from my plan to self host mail again

that's cool!

looking forward for that writeup ;-)

Thanked by (1)YellowHummingbird
  • Windows Mail app. And Gmail app on Android.

Stay safe and healthy. Donate to the WFP.

• My email client used to be telnet on Windows 98. I learned the essential POP3 and SMTP commands. I tell people to write to me in plain text only, so that I don’t need to decode those equal signs.
    Nowadays I have Gmail.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Microsoft Outlook for me on Computer, on mobile phone Default iOS Mail App.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@yoursunny said: telnet

Yup! I remember using telnet for email and to connect to the library, which had a WAN connection + lynx browser.

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• Pegasus, the flying horse. It is still under dev/maintenance, but I don't use it now.

I bought a Mailbird license. It works great.