One Year later: why have cPanel-shared hosting prices not changed much?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2020

I think that price change is going to have an impact in the long term. People are also forgetting that the price hike of last year is not the only price increase cPanel is going to get . And yes the biggest impact of that price hike has been on reseller hosting.

I wouldn't mind paying $40-$50 per month for cPanel VPS unlimited license & $80-$100 for cPanel dedicated unlimited. But they not only hiked the prices but also changed their pricing model. People fail to realize the deadly impact it is going to have on the industry as it has given new tool to venture capitalists to suck till the last drop of loyal customers. For example now you are paying per account but in future expect to pay per domain. Same for WHMCS, you should expect to pay per service sometime not very far in the future. Expect similar models to be applied to their other software as well.

If you are just starting out in the industry, just stay away from their software. Support companies who do not use such extortionist & ugly tactics on paying customers.

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• I think we've already been through this: outcome is that the segment most affected (resellers) moved away from the product, and others shrugged at the small price increase. I fooled around with VestaCP briefly just to see what it was like, but I think it was not really comparable.

• edited July 2020

I've got about ~25 shared hosting accounts across maybe 15+ hosts. Not many changed, but those that did, did it without warning and screwed it up. I dont care about the switch too much now, but I did at the time as I used the cpanel API and had to work fast to get up and running with DA api. I've not had any price increases from those that stuck with cpanel.

one host, that is on here, changed location, switched to DA with no notice and then increased the renewal prices significantly (50-100% after voucher). I wont be renewing. I can only guess he's not interested in the shared hosting part of his small business and focusing on VPS's.