An effortless way to monetize your spare GPU(s) - Up to $310 monthly - FluidStack

lentrolentro Hosting Provider
edited July 25 in Offers

Hello my fellow LESbians!

I just joined the FluidStack team after being one of their providers for eight months. Thought I might give a shameless promo for you all to become FluidStack providers too.

What is FluidStack?

• We are like an Airbnb but for GPU servers. You host your machine(s), we rent them, and our customers use them for machine learning, CAD rendering, etc.
  • We are backed by some original investors of SpaceX, Revolut, and Transferwise

Our virtual desktop platform is growing fast, and we need more providers!

How it works:

1. Fill out a quick application form here to become a supplier
  2. Once approved, follow 5 minute setup instructions to give us access to your fully dedicated machine
  3. Sit back and relax. We rent the machine, and you get guaranteed monthly payouts even if it’s not always used!

Payouts

Payouts made at start of each month via PayPal. We solely pay for the GPU; we do not compensate for CPU/RAM/bandwidth. If I included rates for all supported GPUs, it would go on forever, so I'm just including two examples. Payout rates for your GPU can be seen after approved.

Current Per-GPU payout:
NIVIDA Tesla V100: $310/month
NVIDIA GeForce 2080 Ti: $90/month

Frequently Asked Questions

System Requirements?

• Fully dedicated machine with 8+ GB of RAM, 200 GB of disk space, 5+ Mbps guaranteed bandwidth
  • NVIDIA GPU including: a100, v100, 2080ti, 2080 Super, 2080, 2070 Super, 2070, 2060 Super, 2060, 1080 Ti, 1080, 1070, 1070 Ti, 1060 6GB, 1060 3GB, 1050 Ti, or 1050
  • Windows or Linux
  • Virtualization and IOMMU support
  • SSH access

Security?

• We do our best to keep providers secure: happy providers = more GPUs = larger business. If you are hosting a machine from your home, understand that someone else will have access. Personally, I would suggest firewalling LAN addresses and patching CPU vulnerabilities just in case.

Notes?

• V100 and 2080/Ti/Supers have the fastest waiting lists (few days) - others might take a bit longer
  • Tampering or excessive downtime will result in no payouts

Need Affordable GPU Servers?

Rent machines with GPUs from virtually anywhere in the world here

Closing Notes

Whether you want to become a provider or a customer, there has never been a better time to join!

Post questions that benefit everyone down below, and contact us at [email protected] for individual/private inquiries.

FluidStack: Up to $310 Monthly For Your GPU(s) or Rent Affordable GPU Machines | VC-backed | 1,000+ Machines Under Management
ISODME: Web hosting | Managed VPS services | U.S. based support | High Uptime | isodme.com

Thanked by (1)seriesn

Comments

• why do i get the strong feeling from this that whoever offers up their gpu its just going to get turned into a crypto miner at reduced payouts xD.

Thanked by (2)bugrakoc yoursunny
  • Oops, no love for AMD GPUs? ;) Got a couple rigs of RX580

Easy Website Backup Script: easybackup Extremely affordable FTP backup storage: 1Fichier
    One-click CDN installation on your VPS: OneClickCDN

• Some power plant employee just had an orgasm.

All the best. Very interesting concept.

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider
    edited July 25

@james50a said:
    why do i get the strong feeling from this that whoever offers up their gpu its just going to get turned into a crypto miner at reduced payouts xD.

Haha lol! We don't control what our customers do, and apparently a few have mined, but honestly that's just crazy dumb, as we charge like many multiples higher than crypto mining payouts.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

FluidStack: Up to $310 Monthly For Your GPU(s) or Rent Affordable GPU Machines | VC-backed | 1,000+ Machines Under Management
    ISODME: Web hosting | Managed VPS services | U.S. based support | High Uptime | isodme.com

@dedipromo said:
    Oops, no love for AMD GPUs? ;) Got a couple rigs of RX580

Back when we started, our customers deployed Docker containers, and we only made our programs for the NVIDIA API, but this is for fully-dedicated virtual desktops where we give direct access to a machine (soon VMs with power on/off, hourly usage), so I think we can add AMD GPUs. I'll get in touch with the rest of the team and see if we want to add them.

@vimalware said:
    Some power plant employee just had an orgasm.

All the best. Very interesting concept.

Haha lol! Many power plant employees though :) - we currently have around a thousand individual locations. Some of them are data centers with excess capacity, some gaming centers without people given the pandemic, and some are formerly unprofitable crypto miners.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

• any chance for GTX1070 and 1066 ?
    I have 2 machine there waiting feeding...

@moonswamp said:
    any chance for GTX1070 and 1066 ?
    I have 2 machine there waiting feeding...

Thanks for asking! Basically all NVIDIA cards from 1050 to A100. Are 1066s 1060s with 6 GB of RAM, or are those different cards?

1070: $31/month
    1060 6GB RAM: $26/month

Do keep in mind that the approval process/waitlist for these will take a bit longer than the 2080 and better cards, though.

• Vast.ai has been doing something like this for at least a year, maybe longer.

@willie said:
    Vast.ai has been doing something like this for at least a year, maybe longer.

Yeah, it's kinda similar if I am reading correctly, except our payout rates are a bit more predictable (guaranteed once approved), and we handle support. Basically, they are a place to list your GPU server, while for FluidStack, you give us SSH access, and we do the rest*

We've also been around for almost 3 years, albiet focusing on different services back then, so we are pretty solid too, in my opinion.

• What's stopping them from grossly abusing the network? Meaning tapping the upload or download at full peg or even worse using it for nefarious purposes? This would be essentially a high end dedicated server with a residential IP if I'm understanding the concept correctly.

@sureiam said:
    What's stopping them from grossly abusing the network? Meaning tapping the upload or download at full peg or even worse using it for nefarious purposes?

Thanks for your comment, boss! We use Stripe's fraud protection among other tools to try to prevent malicious users from joining. As we grow, we'll continue adding fraud protection methods.

We also only require 5 mbps of bandwidth from providers. That should be enough for machine learning. Our minimum rental of 1 week is also a deterrent. Malicious users can rent from some large cloud providers at an hourly rate with 1gbps boxes if they wanted to do damage - renting a ton of 5 mbps boxes and paying upfront for a week isn't the best idea for them, in my opinion.

This would be essentially a high end dedicated server with a residential IP if I'm understanding the concept correctly.

While we do have residential users, many machines are actually in data centers and gaming cafes with DC IPv4s. If people really want to do nefarious things with residential IPs, there are other companies.

I hope we made our service as unappealing as possible for bad customers, but I'm curious as to what you think.

Disclaimer: while I am currently employed by FluidStack, do not assume everything I am saying is true. We have a team of people, and I might not be informed on everything. Most of the replies to comments include my personal opinions (E.g. this might pay more than mining) where I might have forgotten to disclose it - please do not assume the company backs anything I say. I might accidentally also mix things up. Refer to the official documents for the most accurate and up-to-date information. Thanks for your understanding!

• @lentro said: Thanks for asking! Basically all NVIDIA cards from 1050 to A100. Are 1066s 1060s with 6 GB of RAM, or are those different cards?

Thanks for your reply, my mistake, it's 1660, not 1066!!

1660 and 1070 on 2 different computers, will try this since they are there for nothing !

• This is pretty good, comparable to vast.ai except for the 1 week minimum. I didn't realize at the beginning that it was your offer rather than something you were relaying to us. Best of luck with it. Vast.ai is a little bit too weird in some ways. They always said that the mining speed of the cards set an effective price floor on them. It also seems to me that depending on location, they may barely be staying ahead of the electricity bills.

It does seem to me that 5mbps is awfully limited for machine learning. You might want to munch on some gigabytes of imagenet data or whatever.

Several of your links like https://www.fluidstack.io/virtual_desktop/clkg/https/fs-vd-site.now.sh/ are 404.

Can you say what cpu is included with the 1060 or 1070 machines? Some of the stuff I do wants a fair amount of cpu, independently of gpu.

@moonswamp said:

@lentro said: Thanks for asking! Basically all NVIDIA cards from 1050 to A100. Are 1066s 1060s with 6 GB of RAM, or are those different cards?

Thanks for your reply, my mistake, it's 1660, not 1066!!

1660 and 1070 on 2 different computers, will try this since they are there for nothing !

Great! Glad to hear. Not sure if you signed up, though - there were 80 provider signups yesterday, so I may have missed some.

@willie said:
    Best of luck with it.

Thanks so much!

It does seem to me that 5mbps is awfully limited for machine learning. You might want to munch on some gigabytes of imagenet data or whatever.

It's 5 mbps guaranteed, so no matter what, our customers should be able to get that from any machine. 5 mbps is more so we can support residential users. (E.g. 100 mbps down, 5 mbps up), but, many providers (especially DCs) actually provision more.

Check latest machines here: https://fs-vd-site.now.sh/

Thanks for letting me know! What button is that? I do not see anything here that doesn't work: https://www.fluidstack.io/virtual_desktop/

We hired a design firm for a new website, so that'll be in place soon.

Can you say what cpu is included with the 1060 or 1070 machines? Some of the stuff I do wants a fair amount of cpu, independently of gpu.

Generally we require i5 or higher, but check the individual machines here: https://fs-vd-site.now.sh/

We are working on a different system that will be very interesting that might eliminate ability for us to specify the CPU, but I can't really talk about that :)