General Setup for MMO and Firewall
Hello guys, its me again.
As im progress with the setup, new doubts are comming.
First of all, im gonna tell you about my setup and why I rent a dedicated server.
I have 2 servers of MMORPG, and, usually we (the ppl who has this kind of servers) rent vps, problem is most of the ppl who rent related to this game don't have a clue about nothing, and oversell resources af. So, since my 2 vps cost around 35USD monthly, I decided to take the leap and move to soyoustart.
My goal is to setup 4 vps with Windows Server (2 operationals and 2 for test).
This is the specs of my server: SYS-LE-2 Server - Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 - 32GB DDR3 ECC 1600MHz - 2x 800GB SSD SATA Soft RAID and it has Proxmox VE 6.2.
That being said, I have a couple of general questions:
1. OVH Monitor isn't enabled for SYS right?
2. Do you recommend to have RAID setup for this use? Currently I have one of the SSD unmounted.
3. What its the best configuration for Windows regarding VM options. Screen:
And about Firewall (the same topic since setup is relevant):
1. Is there a file config to see all the rules that has been applied? Im aware of iptables -S
2. Do you really see crucial to add a rule for SSH and GUI access only from 1 ip? Im from Argentina, and all the companies here use dynamic ip, or its enough with anti brute rules?
3. All the rules I apply to main server in SSH would be apply to my VM's if network firewall is enabled?
4. Need to limit connection ammount per IP and per time, I read this tutorial (hope isn't againts the rules share the link) https://javapipe.com/blog/iptables-ddos-protection/ with a bit of tweaks could be exactly what I need, only if I can add a ban to the ip that exceed the limite, for 30mins lets said.
5. Is there a way to add a whitelist IP for certain rules only? Like for example, I wanna limit connections with the rules from the link above, to 15 connections over 30sec.
Think that would be all. Thanks to all for reading, sorry for all the questions and the bad english ^^