Hotlineservers merging with nexusbytes

edited August 2020 in General

Got the email from Hotlineservers

tl;dr: Hotlineservers will close due to his medical issue. Everyone who needs to continue the service will need to discuss with NexusBytes. The price will be changed.

"
Hello Due to a medical issue that I have it is with the best interest of you the client that we merge with nexusbytes.com. We don't want to be like other hosts that just walk away.and leave everyone high and dry. We are not making a dime from this, but we believe customers come first which is why we are doing this. I have had stomach cancer for about 2 years. It was in remission. I have not been feeling well the last few weeks went to the doctor last week. Got results yesterday that the cancer has now moved to the kidneys. This is going to be a long road for me again. I don't think I will be able to keep up with the day to day running of hotlineservers during treatment. So I believe it is better to hand it off to someone that will be more reliable than I can be. Here is how it is going to work. nexusbytes.is offing to move your vps to any of their 6 locations Users that chose to migrate over to US, should open a ticket with them. They will handle the data migration There will be a pricing increase for promotional plans. They will work with each user on a case by case basis. That includes free DA license. Their goal will be to give them the best possible price point we can offer, while keeping the same resources. Should a user choose to migrate over to one of their standard plans, they will be eligible for an additional 25% discount for life. Users who have paid for the month of August and/or paid for longer term, will receive the full amount (current month or remaining period) as a service credit to use with nexusbytes. Should a user chose not to continue service and denies the service credit option, Hotline servers should make accommodation. We will try our level best to work with every one. However, it is more than likely that we will have some unhappy clients. Please contact nexusbytes at https://my.nexusbytes.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
"

Hope that you will get better soon!

Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.