MaxKVM has Landed in Singapore!

Comments

• edited August 2020

@MaxKVM said:
    16.|-- if-ae-49-2.tcore2.pvu-paris.ipv6.as6453.net (2a01:3e0:ff80:100::b) 0.0% 0 10 10 113.8 113.8 114.5 117.5 1.3 114.5 0.0 0.8 2.4 5.0

Of course these packets would take a trip to Marseille, Paris, and Frankfurt before heading to Singapore.

And here I am having a silly chuckle. AS6453 is the TA-TA ipv6 network.
    https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/ta_ta

• @MaxKVM said:

@bdl said:

@MaxKVM said:
    Of course these packets would take a trip to Marseille, Paris, and Frankfurt before heading to Singapore.

:grey_question: :grey_question: :grey_question:

So if we use both IPv4 and IPv6, we get a free round-the-world trip! :lol: Always overdelivering :smiley:

These packets clearly want to be part of the jet set with stops in California and the south of France. B)

Delivering these high maintenance and expensive network packets is the the least we could do with all the half price chicken you guys purchase! IPv6 spotted in Marseille:

You should be glad you do not run an airline

Thanked by (1)bdl

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:

@MaxKVM said:

@bdl said:

@MaxKVM said:

:grey_question: :grey_question: :grey_question:

So if we use both IPv4 and IPv6, we get a free round-the-world trip! :lol: Always overdelivering :smiley:

These packets clearly want to be part of the jet set with stops in California and the south of France. B)

Delivering these high maintenance and expensive network packets is the the least we could do with all the half price chicken you guys purchase! IPv6 spotted in Marseille:

You should be glad you do not run an airline

Well, we don't know that for sure... :lol:

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited August 2020

Moved to PM

• @vncoupon said:
    SAVE30
    The promotion code entered has expired

You need to be faster next time. Singapore is already sold out.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• Singapore is prem location..

Thanked by (2)MaxKVM poisson

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@vncoupon said:
    SAVE30

Almost all locations are sold out. Latest $7 offer still active: /discussion/1611/maxkvm-saturday-7-special-skvm-2g-w-2x-cpu

@chocolateshirt said:
    Singapore is prem location..

We agree and will be adding more space soon. B)

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • @MaxKVM said:

@vncoupon said:
    SAVE30

Almost all locations are sold out. Latest $7 offer still active: /discussion/1611/maxkvm-saturday-7-special-skvm-2g-w-2x-cpu

@chocolateshirt said:
    Singapore is prem location..

We agree and will be adding more space soon. B)

So, is it possible to increase disk space only as addons?

Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

@chocolateshirt said:

You can upgrade with the billing panel and you will be allocated the extra space, but you still need to resize the disk with recovery or gparted (or reinstall).

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • Are you planning to add more capacity at Amsterdam, ideally with another great promo :+1:

• edited August 2020

@MaxKVM said:

@chocolateshirt said:

You can upgrade with the billing panel and you will be allocated the extra space, but you still need to resize the disk with recovery or gparted (or reinstall).

Nice, I will try to add storage if my VPS almost full

There are a few spots available now in Singapore. B)

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • @MaxKVM said:

Any news from HV about the scenic routing? Keen to get in before they're all gone, but still a bit concerned about this...

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • @cynix said:

@MaxKVM said:

Any news from HV about the scenic routing? Keen to get in before they're all gone, but still a bit concerned about this...

@MaxKVM still working on it - he's currently speaking with two of the upstream providers to get it sorted. Latency to my .sg service is more than my LA one :lol: but I'm confident they'll eventually all get it sorted

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • edited August 2020

@bdl said:

@cynix said:

@MaxKVM said:

@MaxKVM still working on it - he's currently speaking with two of the upstream providers to get it sorted. Latency to my .sg service is more than my LA one :lol: but I'm confident they'll eventually all get it sorted

Speaking of which, latency to the LA location is also a lot worse than other providers... Seems to go via Hong Kong for me, rather than direct.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • I am pretty sure he's working hard on resolving the issue because he is that kind of guy.

Thanked by (2)chocolateshirt MaxKVM

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• These two might be able to help with the routing issues @MaxKVM (second one will probably be more useful then the first one but who knows).

https://atlas.ripe.net/measurements/26721228/
    https://atlas.ripe.net/measurements/26721229/

Thanked by (2)MaxKVM poisson

@berkay said:
    These two might be able to help with the routing issues @MaxKVM (second one will probably be more useful then the first one but who knows).

https://atlas.ripe.net/measurements/26721228/
    https://atlas.ripe.net/measurements/26721229/

Results all over the map. Thanks!

@poisson said:
    I am pretty sure he's working hard on resolving the issue because he is that kind of guy.

At this point all we can do is send them more MTR data while they figure out these routes. B)

• edited August 2020

@MaxKVM said:

At this point all we can do is send them more MTR data while they figure out these routes. B)

Seeing a small change in scenery: now going via Hong Kong to both lg.lax and lg.sin. Progress I guess? :p

But I heard there's a typhoon approaching HK at the moment... hope HV fixes that routing fast and take me direct to SG :D

• bdlbdl OG
    edited August 2020

@cynix said:

@bdl said:

@cynix said:

@MaxKVM said:

Speaking of which, latency to the LA location is also a lot worse than other providers... Seems to go via Hong Kong for me, rather than direct.

YES! One of my connections is routing well now, now for the one from home :(

(hmm, also seems at this time that latency jumped up 40-50ms from sg->London, but that's OK since I don't live in London :lol: I don't have traceroutes between these places prior to the change, but the increase in latency could also be because traffic was going via the US (it's definitely going via Europe now))

• @bdl said:

Lucky you! Mine dropped from 210ms to 160ms. Another 60ms to go :D

I was going to wait until the routing gets fixed before ordering, but my lack of self control is costing me money once again. Just took the plunge... now I really really really hope it gets fixed :D

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • I am in the nervous 90’s as they say in cricket..

45-47 ms is what I should Get. Still, better 2x and /x latency

Thanked by (2)bdl MaxKVM

• @vyas said:
    I am in the nervous 90’s as they say in cricket..

Why are you even online right now young man?

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @seriesn said:

@vyas said:
    I am in the nervous 90’s as they say in cricket..

Why are you even online right now young man?

Uh-oh! @vyas ! Busted! :lol:

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @cynix said:

@bdl said:

I was going to wait until the routing gets fixed before ordering, but my lack of self control is costing me money once again. Just took the plunge... now I really really really hope it gets fixed :D

Speaking of self-control, I originally only wanted one service in LA, now I have that and NL and SG :wink:

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • @poisson said:

@vncoupon said:
    SAVE30

Sh*t... I wanted my 4th singapore KVM VPS...

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• @bdl said:

@cynix said:

@bdl said:

Speaking of self-control, I originally only wanted one service in LA, now I have that and NL and SG :wink:

lol, we might need to start a support group...

Thanked by (2)bdl PHP_Backend
  • @cynix said:

@bdl said:

@cynix said:

@bdl said:

lol, we might need to start a support group...

Yes. You are already in one. Just need chips/tag that says XYZ day without a new vps.

• bdlbdl OG
    edited August 2020

@somik said:

@poisson said:

@vncoupon said:
    SAVE30

Sh*t... I wanted my 4th singapore KVM VPS...

Wait for more stock! :)