Comments

  • Beat me to it. Just got the email too.

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Why are there two LowEndTalk forums still? =)

    Anyway, as I had sad... on one of the forums:

    If they weren't so long in the business, I'd be concerned...

    But I've really been more than happy with the quality of their service so far, so might just give it a go.

    Thanked by (3)Ympker HostMantis level6

    Mostly harmless ™
    I/O Gremlin

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

    @bikegremlin said:
    Why are there two LowEndTalk forums still? =)

    Anyway, as I had sad... on one of the forums:

    If they weren't so long in the business, I'd be concerned...

    But I've really been more than happy with the quality of their service so far, so might just give it a go.

    I see myself copy pasting across the two forums, too. Someone should already write a plugin to do that.

    Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

    I was thinking to have a new reseler account to move about 22 clients from old one. Got 50Gb with 50 cpanel accounts. But the limits offered (like IOPS) are very small and they are not even considering my request to increase 1mbps to a minimum of 5mpbs. Uptime is nice. Also their support works only on weekdays. I rarely ask for support, but still its not good to get tensed on weekends.

    Was in doubt to again with Francisco or Hosmants. I use Francisco (LV) and Hostmants (Singapore) already. As HM giving a 50% credit, I think I can have a second reseler account in their US Ovh.

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Intelpentium0 said:
    I was thinking to have a new reseler account to move about 22 clients from old one. Got 50Gb with 50 cpanel accounts. But the limits offered (like IOPS) are very small and they are not even considering my request to increase 1mbps to a minimum of 5mpbs. Uptime is nice. Also their support works only on weekdays. I rarely ask for support, but still its not good to get tensed on weekends.

    Hostmantis seem to have very generous resource limits per account though
    https://my.hostmantis.com/knowledgebase/260/System-Resource-Limits.html

    Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

  • Already got the email. nice offer and gr8 service.

    Thanked by (2)Ympker HostMantis
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

    @vpsgeek3333 said:

    @Intelpentium0 said:
    I was thinking to have a new reseler account to move about 22 clients from old one. Got 50Gb with 50 cpanel accounts. But the limits offered (like IOPS) are very small and they are not even considering my request to increase 1mbps to a minimum of 5mpbs. Uptime is nice. Also their support works only on weekdays. I rarely ask for support, but still its not good to get tensed on weekends.

    Hostmantis seem to have very generous resource limits per account though
    https://my.hostmantis.com/knowledgebase/260/System-Resource-Limits.html

    Oops. I didn't say about the limits of HM.
    I have a reseler account with exacthostng which I mentioned in the first part. Actually I wanted to move clients from that to HM or Francisco. I have a reseler account with HM in Singapore location. Will buy a US reseler and move all 22 accounts which is currently hosted with exacthostng.
    HM is giving us 3gb Ram while most other reseler providers offer only 1 gb. Hence I would like to add one more. Was in a bit confusion whether to go with buyshared $4 pm or HM $6.95 per month. HM currently have a 25% off coupon. So with 50% bonus credit, I think it will be a sweet deal.

  • visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

    Nice one =)

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Since I procrastinate, just re-upped. Hostmantis has been very reliable. The offer is ending today...until next time.

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • edited August 31

    I got 4 shared accounts last year which are due to renew next year at $22 each (pfffft they dont honour recurring?). this will help me cover the bill

    are they on this forum? they are on the other one.

  • @Adam1 said: I got 4 shared accounts last year which are due to renew next year at $22 each (pfffft they dont honour recurring?).

    cPanel?

  • @Adam1 said:
    I got 4 shared accounts last year which are due to renew next year at $22 each (pfffft they dont honour recurring?). this will help me cover the bill

    are they on this forum? they are on the other one.

    The cpanel price raise fucked up most lowend shared providers. I don't blame HM for the price change. Fortunately, I paid for three years.( I don't know why, i just did it. ) I probably won't renew it in the future but the reason is nothing to do with quality and price.

    Be aware or Be next

  • @elliotc said: Fortunately, I paid for three years.

    I paid for 2,

    The cpanel price increase wouldnt have added much on to the cost of the account for them and I would have accepted the increase in line with that.

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    @elliotc said:

    I probably won't renew it in the future but the reason is nothing to do with quality and price.

    I can echo thouse thoughts. Over the past year, LT Plans by the Mike's (MikePt and Smallweb) seem to have created great alternatives. Really in two minds about adding funds for credit, considering the renewal is in Jun 2022. :-)

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @vyas said: Over the past year, LT Plans by the Mike's (MikePt and Smallweb) seem to have created great alternatives.

    Well I have multiple accounts with them too :)

    Host mantis has been one of the higher quality hosts I use (currently approx 30 different providers). Uptime has been the best out of all of them and they are on the more generous side of EP limits.

  • @vyas said:

    @elliotc said:

    I probably won't renew it in the future but the reason is nothing to do with quality and price.

    I can echo thouse thoughts. Over the past year, LT Plans by the Mike's (MikePt and Smallweb) seem to have created great alternatives. Really in two minds about adding funds for credit, considering the renewal is in Jun 2022. :-)

    I find the HostMantis's JetBackup integration quite useful - for making simple, and cheap backups to Backblaze B2.
    And I think that cPanel is still more of a finished product, compared to DirectAdmin - so sticking with it for now.

    Have a few projects on Mike's DA hosting, but keeping it a (very) slow transition.
    HostMantis is just a wee bit better in terms of performance and uptime.
    Also, cheap B2 backups play a role. If I went with DA, I'd have to use more expensive backup storage, sort of beating the purpose of cutting costs, at least to a degree. And - JetBackup has a cool option of one-click account restoration, for however long the hosting provider keeps the backups (30 days now). Comes in handy with development and testing.

    All in all - I'm about 50-50 for now. Still renewing the cPanel hosting, but also using Mike's DA.
    Will see where things go - as DA gets polished, will the prices remain the same, how cPanel will play...
    For now the most important thing for me is having reliable backups, with redundant copies, and being able to move in case of any problems, or unacceptably high prices.

    Thanked by (2)vyas Ympker

    Mostly harmless ™
    I/O Gremlin

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

    @bikegremlin said:

    @vyas said:

    @elliotc said:

    I probably won't renew it in the future but the reason is nothing to do with quality and price.

    I can echo thouse thoughts. Over the past year, LT Plans by the Mike's (MikePt and Smallweb) seem to have created great alternatives. Really in two minds about adding funds for credit, considering the renewal is in Jun 2022. :-)

    I find the HostMantis's JetBackup integration quite useful - for making simple, and cheap backups to Backblaze B2.
    And I think that cPanel is still more of a finished product, compared to DirectAdmin - so sticking with it for now.

    Have a few projects on Mike's DA hosting, but keeping it a (very) slow transition.
    HostMantis is just a wee bit better in terms of performance and uptime.
    Also, cheap B2 backups play a role. If I went with DA, I'd have to use more expensive backup storage, sort of beating the purpose of cutting costs, at least to a degree. And - JetBackup has a cool option of one-click account restoration, for however long the hosting provider keeps the backups (30 days now). Comes in handy with development and testing.

    All in all - I'm about 50-50 for now. Still renewing the cPanel hosting, but also using Mike's DA.
    Will see where things go - as DA gets polished, will the prices remain the same, how cPanel will play...
    For now the most important thing for me is having reliable backups, with redundant copies, and being able to move in case of any problems, or unacceptably high prices.

    Feeling the same, basically. Also got a Mike LTD but right now most Stuff is still on HM for the reasons you mentioned. Jetbackup daily 30 days retention is just great and I backup to GDrive.

    For HM I currently pay 25€/year for cPanel, LiteSpeed and the extra features. I'm on the Reseller Entry iirc.

    Thanked by (1)vyas
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

    Seeing all nice reviews here, good thing, ... mentioning my experience from sometime back, I had a bad one, they straight refused to accept the order (marked fraud) despite providing all my correct details, phone, yearly commitment, order using wifi etc.
    Even wrote them in ticket 2-3 times, but their support was very direct to tell me they won't accept my orders without any reason.
    sure they have the choice to select their customers, but at least have a good framed reply for ppl.
    Not a rant, just my experience.

Sign In or Register to comment.