Ympker's Shared/Reseller Hosting Comparison Chart

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@aaronstuder said:
    You took HostMantis off the list? @Ympker :/

It was back then due to the pricing PR stunt. In terms of performance and reliability and features as well as support they are probably still the best shared hosting provider I have encountered :) Haven't updated this list in a while.

• @Ympker thoughts on MisterHost?

edited January 2021

@aaronstuder said:
    @Ympker thoughts on MisterHost?

Back when I used them I had no problems with them. I realize there is some post about them on the OGF atm and while I haven't read everything 100%, it seems like both parties are making things more difficult than they would need to be. As far as my personal experience with them goes, I can recommend their service. 29 Tickets solved to my satisfaction in that times. Had quite some services with them :)

• @Ympker said:
    Back when I used them I had no problems with them. I realize there is some post on the OGF atm and while I haven't read everything 100%, it seems like both parties are making things more difficult than they would need to be. As far as my personal experience goes, I can recommend their service. 29 Tickets solved to my satisfaction in that times. Had quite some services with them :)

Interesting

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited January 2021

@aaronstuder said:

@Ympker said:
    Back when I used them I had no problems with them. I realize there is some post on the OGF atm and while I haven't read everything 100%, it seems like both parties are making things more difficult than they would need to be. As far as my personal experience goes, I can recommend their service. 29 Tickets solved to my satisfaction in that times. Had quite some services with them :)

Interesting

I/O isn't the highest after tasting HostMantis to be fair, but for the prices I paid (see invoices), I always got the performance I needed. Clients didn't complain. They are hosting with OVH afaik. Lack of daily backups, higher I/O and some other features of HM made me move away from them, ultimately. Not a problem or dispute or the like.

• @Ympker said:
    I/O isn't the highest after tasting HostMantis to be fair, but for the prices I paid (see invoices), I always got the performance I needed. Clients didn't complain. They are hosting with OVH afaik. Lack of daily backups, higher I/O and some other features of HM made me move away from them, ultimately. Not a problem or dispute or the like.

Interesting. Did you do anything with the Alpha Reseller Hosting? Also - UNLIMITED cPanels for $7/month? Seems off. Maybe just me.

edited January 2021

@Aaron said:

@Ympker said:

Interesting. Did you do anything with the Alpha Reseller Hosting? Also - UNLIMITED cPanels for $7/month? Seems off. Maybe just me.

I didn't end up using it much. By then I ended up realizing I am not that much a fan of the big Alpha Master reseller idea. Even though I might have offered reseller with it for a while iirc. When I was with them the old cPanel pricing was still in place, I think. So I really didn't deal much with cPanel acc limits.

• MisterHost's cheapest plans are all "sold out" and the prices listed are the prices for 3 years...

edited January 2021

@Aaron said:
    MisterHost's cheapest plans are all "sold out" and the prices listed are the prices for 3 years...

Seems like a lot has changed. I have no active service with them so I can't vouch for anything that is going on right now or might have changed. Just talking about my time there :) I talked on the phone to the owner of MisterHost though, before?! ordering with them back then iirc. We had a longer chat since he is from Austria and I thought he was quite the good guy. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I mysteriously end up recommending MisterHost despite all odds other ppl may be seeing.

• Thanks @Ympker :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2021

I created an Index page on my blog for shared hosting that I have tried. See some overlaps here, so might borrow generously from @Ympker list (with due credit of course)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@vyas said:
    I created an Index page on my blog for shared hosting that I have tried. See some overlaps here, so might borrow generously from @Ympker list (with due credit of course)

Sure thing mate ;)

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • edited January 2021

@Aaron said:
    MisterHost's cheapest plans are all "sold out" and the prices listed are the prices for 3 years...

Full disclaimer, I have not tried misterhost ever. But after reading the other forum, it seems like the guy paid for 3 years of service, and was told to pay an extra $7/month 17 months (?) into the 3 years because of cpanel price hikes. Unlimited cpanel accounts sound nice, but in reality they expect most people not to have so many accounts to the point they make a loss.

If you were considering misterhost only because of the promise "unlimited"... Sorry bud.

@bibi said:

@Aaron said:

Full disclaimer, I have not tried misterhost ever. But after reading the other forum, it seems like the guy paid for 3 years of service, and was told to pay an extra $7/month 17 months (?) into the 3 years because of cpanel price hikes. Unlimited cpanel accounts sound nice, but in reality they expect most people not to have so many accounts to the point they make a loss.

If you were considering misterhost only because of the promise "unlimited"... Sorry bud.

Unlimited cPanel account offers are bound to vanish over time.

• very nice

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Ooft. Back when I was offering 2-5MB/s I/O and 20EP. Now it's 5-50MB/s I/O and 25-30EP. :smiley: Also mostly have OLS now :+1:

• @SmallWeb said:
    Ooft. Back when I was offering 2-5MB/s I/O and 20EP. Now it's 5-50MB/s I/O and 25-30EP. :smiley: Also mostly have OLS now :+1:

Are you running OLS across your hosting servers? How you finding using OLS with users and the .htaccess limitations?

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@LeonDynamic said:

@SmallWeb said:

Are you running OLS across your hosting servers? How you finding using OLS with users and the .htaccess limitations?

Most but not all. Had two reports about broken htaccess rules so reverted the servers those were on. Need time to research the consistency difference for those cases. Otherwise it's great and I have no issues (apart from needing to set up a cron).

Thanked by (1)LeonDynamic
  • I think most .htaccess stuff works in OpenLiteSpeed as well, these days(?) :)

• @flips said:
    I think most .htaccess stuff works in OpenLiteSpeed as well, these days(?) :)

Only mod_rewrite rules are directly supported in .htaccess, for example you can’t set HTTP headers they need to be set using a context block.

Sorry to derail the thread @Ympker.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee flips
    edited August 2021

@vyas thanks for mentioning :)
    Seems like the shared table was deleted as part of my GDrive purge for more space. Here's the backup. Since I didn't change anything since then, it is still the latest version :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qc_r_vEv6On9Q-Ah73Gl98aJbyLdMemqpiXDIeHkTAM/edit?usp=sharing

Updated the OP. On the OGF that won't be possible, I fear :S

My VPN LTD Comparison chart also got lost during that purge so I also recovered from backup (latest version) :)

• @Ympker said:
    Seems like the shared table was deleted as part of my GDrive purge for more space. Here's the backup. Since I didn't change anything since then, it is still the latest version :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qc_r_vEv6On9Q-Ah73Gl98aJbyLdMemqpiXDIeHkTAM/edit?usp=sharing

My VPN LTD Comparison chart also got lost during that purge so I also recovered from backup (latest version) :)

..and he responds with German efficiency* . Updates to links on OGF too! (Or wip)

*OR the delay at checkout counter was too long.
    But I believe it is the efficiency at play.

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

..and he responds with German efficiency* . Updates to links on OGF too! (Or wip)

*OR the delay at checkout counter was too long.
    But I believe it is the efficiency at play.

Haha yeah, all sorted now. Thanks! :)

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

How many Germans does it take to replace a lightbulb?
    One.
    They are efficient and have no sense of humour.

:)

Thanked by (2)Ympker vyas

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

@bikegremlin said:

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

One.

And we eat Bratwurst!

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @bikegremlin said:

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

One.

I actually saw a group of Germans joke and laugh.. security queue at an an airport at that !

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin

@vyas said:

@bikegremlin said:

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

One.

I actually saw a group of Germans joke and laugh.. security queue at an an airport at that !

Before or after they went to Oktoberfest?

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • @Ympker said:

@vyas said:

@bikegremlin said:

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

One.

It was April.. so maybe hangover of previous year's Oktoberfest?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

@vyas said:

@bikegremlin said:

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

One.

It was April.. so maybe hangover of previous year's Oktoberfest?

This or a Kastenlauf to the airport are the only two plausible explanations I can come up with :O

Thanked by (1)vyas