WebHorizon Cpanel hosting update

vyasvyas OGContent Writer
edited August 30 in General

Folks,

received this mail from Webhorizon. Wishing @Abdullah the best for the migration/ change..

We regret to announce today that due to almost no demand & high maintenance costs, we will be discontinuing all our cPanel based offerings. Clients will no longer be able to purchase cPanel web hosting. Clients on an existing cPanel web hosting plans will be migrated to our Germany DirectAdmin on 6th September 2020, all plan specifications & pricing will remain the same.

We are glad to say that there will be no downtime, we will replicate accounts to our Germany DirectAdmin location & will wait for you to update the DNS records. Sufficient time will be given after migration so that you can verify your data is migrated correctly.

You can also choose to move your service at any of our other locations:-

Las Vegas
New York
Germany
Luxembourg
A new upcoming Asia-Pacific location, Singapore :)
Please open a ticket to be moved to your preferred location for free, if we receive no reply all accounts will be migrated to Germany DirectAdmin on 6th September 2020.

We hope you understand.

Please open a ticket for feedback or any other issue, we will solve it ASAP.

Comments

  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

    Thanks for sharing it here @vyas, I was about to do it, but well you did it. :)

    Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Great decision! DirectAdmin is the future especially if you provide hosting at budget prices. Customers who are aware of what is going in the hosting industry distrust the owners of cPanel. It is going to take some years but the writing is on the wall that cPanel will not be the market leader in may be 5 to 10 years.

    Thanked by (1)Abdullah

    Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

  • @vpsgeek3333 said:
    Great decision! DirectAdmin is the future especially if you provide hosting at budget prices. Customers who are aware of what is going in the hosting industry distrust the owners of cPanel. It is going to take some years but the writing is on the wall that cPanel will not be the market leader in may be 5 to 10 years.

    unless they drop their prices or match their price with directadmin licenses.

  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @jeorlie said:

    @vpsgeek3333 said:
    Great decision! DirectAdmin is the future especially if you provide hosting at budget prices. Customers who are aware of what is going in the hosting industry distrust the owners of cPanel. It is going to take some years but the writing is on the wall that cPanel will not be the market leader in may be 5 to 10 years.

    unless they drop their prices or match their price with directadmin licenses.

    Even if they did, Cpanel (whm) is horrendous. Way too many options to check. Everything feels like they are kinda just tired together with candle wax.

    Thanked by (1)jeorlie
  • FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

    @jeorlie said:

    @vpsgeek3333 said:
    Great decision! DirectAdmin is the future especially if you provide hosting at budget prices. Customers who are aware of what is going in the hosting industry distrust the owners of cPanel. It is going to take some years but the writing is on the wall that cPanel will not be the market leader in may be 5 to 10 years.

    unless they drop their prices or match their price with directadmin licenses.

    And you would trust them again?

    You'd be basically falling for this:

    Francisco

    Thanked by (2)vpsgeek3333 jeorlie
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

    @Abdullah said: I was about to do it, but well you did it.

    I wonder whether a lesson in this might be to post first and and send the email second. Knowing @Abdullah as I do, I have 100% confidence that he would have posted exactly as he said. Others who know @Abdullah less well might imagine differently.

    Greetings everyone! Best wishes from the desert!

    Thanked by (1)Abdullah

    Old guy! Happy customer of OVH. Tom, not Oles! :-)
    Purveyor of fast-as-metal LXC VPSes

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer
    edited August 31

    @Abdullah said:
    Thanks for sharing it here @vyas, I was about to do it, but well you did it. :)

    Saved you some work mate.

    On second thoughts, reading a few posts here...
    in the future, I might refrain from posting in advance if the provider. Thought it was an acceptable practise here and OGF- but if Law of Unintended consequences kicks in, then best left untouched

  • @jeorlie said:

    @vpsgeek3333 said:
    Great decision! DirectAdmin is the future especially if you provide hosting at budget prices. Customers who are aware of what is going in the hosting industry distrust the owners of cPanel. It is going to take some years but the writing is on the wall that cPanel will not be the market leader in may be 5 to 10 years.

    unless they drop their prices or match their price with directadmin licenses.

    I expect them to charge per domain for cPanel & per service for WHMCS

    Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
    edited August 31

    @vyas said:

    @Abdullah said:
    Thanks for sharing it here @vyas, I was about to do it, but well you did it. :)

    Saved you some work mate.

    On second thoughts, reading a few posts here...
    in the future, I might refrain from posting in advance if the provider. Thought it was an acceptable practise here and OGF- but if Law of Unintended consequences kicks in, then best left untouched

    I should thank you bro, it's all cool. =) common practice here & I have no issue with it.

  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

    @SmallWeb said:
    Best of luck @Abdullah :)

    Thankyou for the wishes. =)

  • @vyas said: We are glad to say that there will be no downtime, we will replicate accounts to our Germany DirectAdmin location & will wait for you to update the DNS records. Sufficient time will be given after migration so that you can verify your data is migrated correctly.

    might switch to WebHorizon just for this, please other webhosts, do this and don't do the following:

    • not tell the customer, there will be a change in IP - if possible avoid an IP change, because resellers have to convey this to all their customers and there will be considerable downtime for everyone during the switch.
    • downtimes of close to a day during migration - replicate and don't backup and migrate - websites have dynamic data, posts, comments etc which get lost during the transition.

    Awesome Hosts: InceptionHosting, BuyVM, Hetzner, MrVM
    Awesome Shared Hosts: BuyShared, SmallWeb, MyW.pt (untried but in whitelist: https://lowendboxes.review/the-whitelist/)

  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
    edited August 31

    @evnix said:

    @vyas said: We are glad to say that there will be no downtime, we will replicate accounts to our Germany DirectAdmin location & will wait for you to update the DNS records. Sufficient time will be given after migration so that you can verify your data is migrated correctly.

    might switch to WebHorizon just for this, please other webhosts, do this and don't do the following:

    • not tell the customer, there will be a change in IP - if possible avoid an IP change, because resellers have to convey this to all their customers and there will be considerable downtime for everyone during the switch.
    • downtimes of close to a day during migration - replicate and don't backup and migrate - websites have dynamic data, posts, comments etc which get lost during the transition.

    That's what I thought too, though there may be a small dynamic data loss during transition while the DNS get's updated. there is enough time to make correction after migration is done from user's-end. :)

    Thanked by (1)evnix
Sign In or Register to comment.