Who needs consoles for gaming anymore?

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

Thanked by (2)tehdartherer Janevski
«1

Comments

  • All your base are belong to us!

  • How much does a PC that can run all of those games at a similar visual standard to consoles cost?

  • deankdeank OGOfficial Troll

    In PS2 and 3 era, you did need a console due to console exclusives. And Sony made really lots of really good exclusives back then.

    After PS4, I gave up on console since even exclusives tend to eventually make to PC.

    Having said that, I am waiting for FF7 remake on PC.

    The Amitz day is October 21. ♻ I call people by their soulname.

  • Eventually being the key word. PC doesn't even have all of the Yakuza games yet. That alone directs me to a console every time.

  • PCs will never have anything to rival Nintendo’s output. But if you like FPS, racing and Battle Royale games, I guess a PC is probably fine.

  • @BusterWolf said:
    How much does a PC that can run all of those games at a similar visual standard to consoles cost?

    How much does it cost to buy both a console and a PC? I personally prefer not to buy single use machines if I can help it.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • Who plays games anymore?!

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • deankdeank OGOfficial Troll

    Not much nowadays. As I get older, I tend to avoid AAA titles. They just suck in its core.

    The Amitz day is October 21. ♻ I call people by their soulname.

  • From what I could hear, "Horizon: Zero Dawn" is very purely optimized for PC - requiring really powerful hardware to run properly.
    It's on my "to play list". Probably in about 5 years, I will get it on discount, and a PC needed to run it with best possible graphics won't cost a kidney.

    Mostly harmless ™
    I/O Gremlin

  • PC master race.

    Educationally teaches you with knowledge, while you learn and conglomeratively alluminate your academic intellectual profile: https://lowend.wiki
    „Homo homini rattus.“

  • Well, to each their own. We prefer PCs because of versility and customizibility. Not to mention MODs! Lots and lots of mods.

    @BusterWolf said:
    Eventually being the key word. PC doesn't even have all of the Yakuza games yet. That alone directs me to a console every time.

    If they did, most smart people wont buy consoles. You buy them, use them for 1 to 2 years, then buy new. In the long run, it'll cost the same for you to buy and upgrade a PC. Either way, you will still be paying someone for your entertainment. It's either sony, microsoft, or asus/gigabyte.

    In the end, if you want to play the game as is for cheap, console is for you. If you want to play multiple game and mod them to play in different styles, PC is the way forward.

    @BarryHercules said:
    PCs will never have anything to rival Nintendo’s output. But if you like FPS, racing and Battle Royale games, I guess a PC is probably fine.

    PC can emulate nintendo pretty well. So you can play most nintendo games on PC for free... (wait, no you should still buy the game).

    @poisson said:

    @BusterWolf said:
    How much does a PC that can run all of those games at a similar visual standard to consoles cost?

    How much does it cost to buy both a console and a PC? I personally prefer not to buy single use machines if I can help it.

    I actually own 2 PCs for personal use. 1 mini desktop for daily driver, 1 gaming PC for, well, gaming. So if there are people like me who owns 2 desktops (or 1 desktop and 1 laptop) where they use 1 desktop only for gaming, it makes sense for the to be buying console if they want to.

    It is their money and they are free to spend it how they want. Why not just buy a gaming desktop, Xbox, Playstation, Switch, etc. the whole set?

    @cybertech said:
    Who plays games anymore?!

    People with no life? Cause people with "life" needs to work 9 hour shifts (10 hours if you count lunch breaks)... FML...

    @deank said:
    Not much nowadays. As I get older, I tend to avoid AAA titles. They just suck in its core.

    I recently started avoiding AAA titles because of the "online play"... I hate multiplayer. I prefer the simple story driven single player AAA games like COD / Battle Field of the past or the latest Witcher games or even Skyrim.

  • @somik said:

    @cybertech said:
    Who plays games anymore?!

    People with no life? Cause people with "life" needs to work 9 hour shifts (10 hours if you count lunch breaks)... FML...

    Putting in 10-12 hours daily and some on weekends
    FML :'(

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • @cybertech said:

    @somik said:

    @cybertech said:
    Who plays games anymore?!

    People with no life? Cause people with "life" needs to work 9 hour shifts (10 hours if you count lunch breaks)... FML...

    Putting in 10-12 hours daily and some on weekends
    FML :'(

    Ya, I'm working every Saturday for at least half day too... Sigh...

    When I was young and used to play games, my parents would tell me to stop and study. They said I can play games all I want when I grow up and start working... How wrong they were.....

    Thanked by (3)cybertech vimalware Ympker
  • @poisson said:

    @BusterWolf said:
    How much does a PC that can run all of those games at a similar visual standard to consoles cost?

    How much does it cost to buy both a console and a PC? I personally prefer not to buy single use machines if I can help it.

    I wanted to know what a PC like that costs, it was too expensive for me back in the day.

    But to answer your question, I guess I could probably buy a reasonable laptop for productivity and a PS4 for gaming and media for £650-£750.

  • somiksomik OG
    edited September 3

    @BusterWolf said:

    @poisson said:

    @BusterWolf said:
    How much does a PC that can run all of those games at a similar visual standard to consoles cost?

    How much does it cost to buy both a console and a PC? I personally prefer not to buy single use machines if I can help it.

    I wanted to know what a PC like that costs, it was too expensive for me back in the day.

    But to answer your question, I guess I could probably buy a reasonable laptop for productivity and a PS4 for gaming and media for £650-£750.

    Now with new AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs, youa re looking at 1200 SGD (about 660 pounds) for a good gaming rig, together with monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. Just dont go for prebuilts if you can. That way you'll end up saving 100 to 200 SGD (50 to 100 pounds).

  • It's good that I waited for few months to build my gaming pc 3070 is really great for price

  • @somik said: Now with new AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs, youa re looking at 1200 SGD (about 660 pounds) for a good gaming rig, together with monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. Just dont go for prebuilts if you can. That way you'll end up saving 100 to 200 SGD (50 to 100 pounds).

    Cheaper than I'd expected to be fair.

  • @cybertech said:
    Putting in 10-12 hours daily and some on weekends

    Sounds like a typical FlightSim game. :p

  • @vimalware said:

    @cybertech said:
    Putting in 10-12 hours daily and some on weekends

    Sounds like a typical FlightSim game. :p

    how i wish. stress free

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • I need them for GOW and Last of us

  • Change the title to who wants to spend 70usd on a new game

  • deankdeank OGOfficial Troll

    Just avoid EA games and you will avoid about half of bad games on the market.

    The Amitz day is October 21. ♻ I call people by their soulname.

  • @nishantk said:
    I need them for GOW and Last of us

    Plus all the Rui Game Gotoku Studio games if you want to play them in the same decade they were made.

  • I used to PC game hardcore. Like hours on end every day but...as you get older you are more prone to come home from work sit down on your couch and maybe play an hour or two with your friends on PS4. I can't be arsed to really bother anymore with all the different gaming apps on PC, exclusive this exclusive that (looking at you Epic and Origin).

    To me personally it's just more easier to play on a console these days. Even tho I use a keyboard and mouse when ever the game allows.

    I swear to drunk Im not god

  • @BusterWolf said:

    @somik said: Now with new AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs, youa re looking at 1200 SGD (about 660 pounds) for a good gaming rig, together with monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. Just dont go for prebuilts if you can. That way you'll end up saving 100 to 200 SGD (50 to 100 pounds).

    Cheaper than I'd expected to be fair.

    Thats becase competition from the console world is driving the prices lower.

    Competetion is always good for the customer. We get good things for cheap when there is a good competetion. If you dont believe, look at the newest Nvidia graphics cards. This year, to compete with the newest consoles, they are selling a $500 graphics card that will outperform their 1200 dollar card from last year! If PS5 didn't happen, we would still need to donate our full monthly salary just for a gaming rig.

  • @deank said:
    Just avoid EA games and you will avoid about half of bad games on the market.

    You remember NFS Underground 2? That was probably the last good EA game...

    @serv_ee said:
    I used to PC game hardcore. Like hours on end every day but...as you get older you are more prone to come home from work sit down on your couch and maybe play an hour or two with your friends on PS4. I can't be arsed to really bother anymore with all the different gaming apps on PC, exclusive this exclusive that (looking at you Epic and Origin).

    To me personally it's just more easier to play on a console these days. Even tho I use a keyboard and mouse when ever the game allows.

    I got steam and epic installed on my gaming PC. I disable auto start and only start them up when planning to game. Works out pretty good.

    I see why you would switch to consoles. Planning to upgrade to PS5 this year?

  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

    I just like the simplicity of powering it on and knowing that if it installs then it runs and plays with acceptable performance.

    Except for the PS4 menu system, which needs higher specs to run smoothly than Shadowbringers.

    Thanked by (2)BarryHercules vimalware

    Friends don’t let friends use MagicSpam, the pay-to-play email mafia.

  • Neat , yea have a near new I'm box xbox one from the first year it came out sitting in my closet. I only took the controller and hooked it up to my PC via USB then later bought the Bluetooth controller. I got the console because of gta v before it was on pc and because they offered me 150 off with an Xbox 360 or ps3 trade in and i had an extra Xbox 360 (bought off Craigslist for 50 bucks then I did a refurb warranty on it). PC gaming is great but it can be annoying upgrading graphics then CPU always chasing that locked 60fps with max settings ;). Not to mention occasional hiccups like crashes. Then annoying things like not being able to buy hard copies of games (looking at you red dead 2).

  • @somik said:

    @deank said:
    Just avoid EA games and you will avoid about half of bad games on the market.

    You remember NFS Underground 2? That was probably the last good EA game...

    @serv_ee said:
    I used to PC game hardcore. Like hours on end every day but...as you get older you are more prone to come home from work sit down on your couch and maybe play an hour or two with your friends on PS4. I can't be arsed to really bother anymore with all the different gaming apps on PC, exclusive this exclusive that (looking at you Epic and Origin).

    To me personally it's just more easier to play on a console these days. Even tho I use a keyboard and mouse when ever the game allows.

    I got steam and epic installed on my gaming PC. I disable auto start and only start them up when planning to game. Works out pretty good.

    I see why you would switch to consoles. Planning to upgrade to PS5 this year?

    Probably not before the first refresh comes out of it. I'm not that much in a hurry to buy the first iteration usually.

    I swear to drunk Im not god

Sign In or Register to comment.