Virtono Netherlands location close down

VPSVPS
edited September 2020 in Industry News

Unfortunately, we will have to close down our Netherlands location, because it's no longer financially sustainable and also, as you already know, we had too many issues lately with our NL servers. Before making such a drastic decision, we tried to fix it first, but multiple problems have to be solved, and the datacenter staff is not as helpful as we needed.

You don't need to worry, your services along with all it's data and IP addresses will be migrated to our Manchester (UK) datacenter starting Friday, 25 September 2020. (Source: Email)

Comments

• Virtono?

Virt. O no!

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• "as you already know, we had too many issues lately with our NL servers."

Yeah because data centers in NL suck, am I rite?

• @Freek said:
    "as you already know, we had too many issues lately with our NL servers."

Actually, you’re not and judging by your name I’d think you’d know better. The network infrastructure in The Netherlands including the datacenters are among the best of the world.

However, Virtono uses M247 so it’s clear where the problems come from. Nothing to do with Dutch infrastructure.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I have used a few DC’s in NL, the setup seems good but there is for sure something different in the approach which can make things ... challenging.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @debaser said:

@Freek said:

Actually, you’re not and judging by your name I’d think you’d know better. The network infrastructure in The Netherlands including the datacenters are among the best of the world.

However, Virtono uses M247 so it’s clear where the problems come from. Nothing to do with Dutch infrastructure.

I'm fairly sure that comment was in jest, considering that's it...well, NL. Anybody who's somebody knows that location's importance.

• edited September 2020

@debaser said:

@Freek said:

I had nearly replied to him, but then I concluded that he was being facetious.

In any case, there's little point in reacting directly to what Virtono wrote if they're not here. (This is intended for @Freek .)

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @debaser said:

@Freek said:

Erm, I was being sarcastic :) I'll make sure to include the '/s' tag next time ;)