VPShared outage

Virmach's VPShared product has been down for nearly 24 hours. So far they've acknowledge the outage but - frustratingly - Virmach has not provided any further details.

Comments

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorHosting Provider
    edited September 16

    Just change hosts, if it’s with getting annoyed at it is worth a few extra $

    RFO’s usually come later.

    Thanked by (1)vyas

    Inception Hosting - 256MB OpenVZ VPS back in stock for €8.00 p/year - DEDICATED IP4 + /64 IPv6 https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    The Chatbot is sad.

    VPShared-Bot

    At their price range, @SmallWeb would be a good option to try.

    Thanked by (1)SmallWeb
  • This brand is "dead". You better move to another provider.

    Be aware or Be next

  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Just change hosts, if it’s with getting annoyed at it is worth a few extra $

    RFO’s usually come later.

    Well, I won't lie, I originally came to look at the offers section...

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorHosting Provider

    @rockinmusicgv said:

    @AnthonySmith said:
    Just change hosts, if it’s with getting annoyed at it is worth a few extra $

    RFO’s usually come later.

    Well, I won't lie, I originally came to look at the offers section...

    Hehe, check out buyshared from @Francisco, @SmallWeb and NexusBytes.

    Inception Hosting - 256MB OpenVZ VPS back in stock for €8.00 p/year - DEDICATED IP4 + /64 IPv6 https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

  • edited September 18

    Just as a bit of an update, approx 24 hours ago the web server came back online. A welcome change. But the SQL server is still down. Very sad. My experience with VPShared until now wasn't perfect, but generally wasn't something I thought about every day.

    I'm trying to get services setup at a cloud provider or use a home server for the back end. I still would want a front-end host I don't need to think about. I've had an idling account at Francisco's BuyShared for a few months for a project that didn't turn out. I might ask him to swap domains if that's something you can do in cPanel... So far my experience with him has been better - though I wish he gave a bit more diskspace! Only complaint if you can even call that a complaint.

  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @rockinmusicgv said:
    Just as a bit of an update, approx 24 hours ago the web server came back online. A welcome change. But the SQL server is still down. Very sad. My experience with VPShared until now wasn't perfect, but generally wasn't something I thought about every day.

    I'm trying to get services setup at a cloud provider or use a home server for the back end. I still would want a front-end host I don't need to think about. I've had an idling account at Francisco's BuyShared for a few months for a project that didn't turn out. I might ask him to swap domains if that's something you can do in cPanel... So far my experience with him has been better - though I wish he gave a bit more diskspace! Only complaint if you can even call that a complaint.

    Hiya,
    Not sure if we can help :) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/166986/no-catchy-title-limited-promo-20-off-singapore-nyc-europe-web-and-reseller-hosting#latest

  • FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

    @rockinmusicgv said: I've had an idling account at Francisco's BuyShared for a few months for a project that didn't turn out. I might ask him to swap domains if that's something you can do in cPanel

    Just ticket and we'll sort you out.

    I can totally understand if Virmach just wanted to peace out on shared. Shared accounts for 80% of our ticket volume and we charge "quite a bit more" than them (but still peanuts).

    Good luck to the OP and Virmach. I'll help where I can.

    Francisco

Sign In or Register to comment.