MaxKVM - Saturday $7 Special - SKVM-4G-4CPU - AMD EPYC w/ NVMe

MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider
edited September 2020 in Offers

Hello LES!

How is the weekend going so far?

We have added another Saturday Limited-Run Plan for $7/mo in all locations with service currently available: Los Angeles, Dallas, New York, and Amsterdam.

SKVM-4G-4CPU

4x CPU 
4GB ECC RAM
75GB NVMe SSD RAID 10
3TB Transfer @ 1Gbps
1x IPv4 & IPv6 /64

$7/mo or $70/yr Add to Cart

EDU50, SAVE30, HOSTLOC50, and ADD35 are still valid! Please check on our other promotions!
https://www.maxkvm.com/promotions/

Need a yabs?

SKVM-4G-4CPU in New York:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2020-09-15                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat Sep 19 15:51:57 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Processor  : AMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
CPU cores  : 4 @ 2999.998 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 3.7G
Swap       : 1.0G
Disk       : 73G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 205.47 MB/s  (51.3k) | 1.89 GB/s    (29.5k)
Write      | 206.01 MB/s  (51.5k) | 1.90 GB/s    (29.7k)
Total      | 411.48 MB/s (102.8k) | 3.79 GB/s    (59.2k)
           |                      |
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 3.04 GB/s     (5.9k) | 3.28 GB/s     (3.2k)
Write      | 3.21 GB/s     (6.2k) | 3.50 GB/s     (3.4k)
Total      | 6.26 GB/s    (12.2k) | 6.78 GB/s     (6.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                          |                           |                 |
Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 889 Mbits/sec   | 853 Mbits/sec
Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 906 Mbits/sec   | 684 Mbits/sec
WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 889 Mbits/sec   | 761 Mbits/sec
wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 880 Mbits/sec   | 855 Mbits/sec
Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 603 Mbits/sec   | 125 Mbits/sec
Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 875 Mbits/sec   | 877 Mbits/sec
Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 924 Mbits/sec   | 508 Mbits/sec
Airstream Comms           | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 926 Mbits/sec   | 747 Mbits/sec
Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | busy            | busy

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                          |                           |                 |
Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 866 Mbits/sec   | 821 Mbits/sec
Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 897 Mbits/sec   | 790 Mbits/sec
WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 876 Mbits/sec   | busy
wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 867 Mbits/sec   | 836 Mbits/sec
Airstream Comms           | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 920 Mbits/sec   | 890 Mbits/sec
Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | busy            | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
Test            | Value
                |
Single Core     | 1008
Multi Core      | 3445
Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/3822492

Los Angeles Network Looking Glass: http://lg.lax.maxkvm.net/

Dallas Network Looking Glass: http://lg.dfw.maxkvm.net/

New York Network Looking Glass: http://lg.nyc.maxkvm.net/

Amsterdam Network Looking Glass: http://lg.ams.maxkvm.net/

Our current users will tell you that we are incredibly responsive to support and monitor our systems very closely. Many of you have heard from us and/or had your system interrupted due to potential resource abuse. Please understand the resources in these plans are fair share and although you can always burst to use 100% of your allocated resources, using 100% of your CPU, Disk I/O, and/or Network 100% of the time means you need a dedicated server. These rules and procedures are in place to ensure uptime for all services - including yours.

Payment Options:
In addition to the new locations, we have also added a few new payment options for local and international customers, namely: Stripe, Alipay, India Netbanking, Paytm, QIWI, SOFORT, Webmoney, Yandex.Money, Banamex, Bancomer, Bancontact, Boleto, DOKU, eNets, EPS, Globe GCash, iDeal, MyBank, Multibanco, Onecard, OXXO, PayU, and Przelewy24 (P24). PayPal and Bitcoin are still proudly accepted!

About Us:
We are a small group of devs and sysadmins in San Diego, California with more than a decade of experience managing VOIP and other IT infrastructure for local small businesses in Southern California. We have upgraded our own backend infrastructure, incorporated, and now offer "low end" virtual servers to the same community we have been buying from since 2010.

Send a PM anytime if you have questions or are looking for something custom.

Tagged:

Comments

• miumiu
    edited September 2020

Well (y)
    Is good & FAIR when provider directly post yabs w offer, appreciated:
    Because then buyer can better and relevant decide and know good what purchase, instead buying cat in bag.. 1 yabs many times says more than 1000 of words and unnecessary masks/sauces..

BTW: disk speed is really mad (y), awesome

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

Good day and Goodbye

• MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@miu said:
    Well (y)
    Is good when provider directly post yabs w offer:
    Then buyer can better and relevant decide and know good what purchase, instead buying cat in bag.. 1 yabs many times says more than 1000 of words and unnecessary masks/sauces..

You're right.. this offer is missing something. Fresh new memes coming later B)

• edited September 2020

I hope I could upgrade my SG location to this.. very premm..

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• edited September 2020

Notably Singapore is sold out. I’m glad that I bagged it last week.

Please understand the resources in these plans are fair share and although you can always burst to use 100% of your allocated resources, using 100% of your CPU, Disk I/O, and/or Network 100% of the time means you need a dedicated server.

I hate when I see the word fair share. Can you just use the hypervisor to enforce a limitation? For example, suppose the over-subscription ratio for CPU is 4.0, I’d prefer to be restricted to 25% at all times by the hypervisor, instead of having to do the same inside the box which usually has much higher overhead and more complexity.

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:
    Notably Singapore is sold out. I’m glad that I bagged it last week.

Please understand the resources in these plans are fair share and although you can always burst to use 100% of your allocated resources, using 100% of your CPU, Disk I/O, and/or Network 100% of the time means you need a dedicated server.

I hate when I see the word fair share. Can you just use the hypervisor to enforce a limitation? For example, suppose the over-subscription ratio for CPU is 4.0, I’d prefer to be restricted to 25% at all times by the hypervisor, instead of having to do the same inside the box which usually has much higher overhead and more complexity.

This can be done actually. CPU unit (perfect for balancing out between multiple tenants) and CPU % (permanently limiting cpu %), both exists. Only problem with enforcing CPU % is that, it ends up impacting big % of userbase in a negative way.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

very nice, very tempting

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.