your sexy storage kvm server located in Norway or Rumania for 50 eur/3 years

Comments

• @aeg said:
    Anyone have experience with the Norway DC? How does network connectivity/throughput compare with Romania?

I've been pinging it constantly the past 24 hours and it's been down the whole time. B)

Thanked by (1)bugrakoc
  • @aeg said:
    Anyone have experience with the Norway DC? How does network connectivity/throughput compare with Romania?

I have 3 servers at Terrahost since 3y ago i bought those with lifetime access when they had a sistercomp callend theforevercloud.
    They had great TOS so they server would go to terrahost there main Company :)

Very happy with them, have there teamspeak and musicbot hosted and 1 vps for testing

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @bdl said:

I've been pinging it constantly the past 24 hours and it's been down the whole time. B)

The Norway DC was down for past 24h?

• @kuroneko23 said:

@bdl said:

The Norway DC was down for past 24h?

No, my point was that the Norway location has yet to be provisioned.

Thanked by (1)kuroneko23
  • edited October 2020

Since I just sshed to my new server for the first time, let me share the benchmark right away. (location: Romania)

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1795.649 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 486M
    Swap       : 819M
    Disk       : 1.0T

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 957.00 KB/s    (239) | 8.57 MB/s      (133)
    Write      | 993.00 KB/s    (248) | 9.08 MB/s      (142)
    Total      | 1.95 MB/s      (487) | 17.65 MB/s     (275)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 25.64 MB/s      (50) | 26.67 MB/s      (26)
    Write      | 27.23 MB/s      (53) | 29.11 MB/s      (28)
    Total      | 52.88 MB/s     (103) | 55.79 MB/s      (54)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 840 Mbits/sec   | 337 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 874 Mbits/sec   | 492 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 856 Mbits/sec   | 300 Mbits/sec  
    Wifx            | Zurich, CH (10G)          | 877 Mbits/sec   | 327 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 644 Mbits/sec   | 117 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 820 Mbits/sec   | 248 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 741 Mbits/sec   | 171 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy           
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy           

For Geekbench, I was getting the broken pipe error while sshing, but still managed to get the results from https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4225063 (tl;dr score is around 290)

Thanked by (1)cociu

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @cociu said: Norway (14 days delivery maximum )

@cociu - appreciate you said max 14 days any update on when we can expect delivery?
    Thanks for the great deal.

• @msatt said:

@cociu said: Norway (14 days delivery maximum )

@cociu - appreciate you said max 14 days any update on when we can expect delivery?

1. Order Norway.
    2. Do 14 push-ups every day.
    3. Box delivered after 196 push-ups.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@msatt said:

1. Order Norway.

So I will do 196 push-ups tonight, for tomorrow I shall have my VPS. Great idea! Thanks.

Thanked by (3)yoursunny lentro Unixfy
  • @VPN said:

@yoursunny said:

@msatt said:

1. Order Norway.

So I will do 196 push-ups tonight, for tomorrow I shall have my VPS. Great idea! Thanks.

Yeah, you need more exercise to increase your health during this pandemic..

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @codelock said:
    use the cpu and bandwidth in reasonable amount

And how much or what that would be? In these matters I think it's better to have clearly definitely rules than loosely, open to interpretation, stated points.

• @amar said:

@codelock said:

And how much or what that would be? In these matters I think it's better to have clearly definitely rules than loosely, open to interpretation, stated points.

69.69% utilisation

• VPNVPN OG
    edited October 2020

@bdl said:

@amar said:

@codelock said:

69.69% utilisation

True, because he did state "sexy" in title.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • Can't wait to get started :)

• Ticket received today says another 4 days to wait - so more push ups.

Thanked by (3)ehab yoursunny Unixfy
  • Thanks for sharing :)
    Better few days later and working well

Thanked by (1)cociu
  • @msatt said:
    Ticket received today says another 4 days to wait - so more push ups.

Push-ups solve all the problems. Do 196 push-ups tonight. You'll be sore for 4 days, and then Norway is delivered.

Thanked by (1)lentro

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I am starting to get pissed off with all the push-ups.
    States max 14 days and no updates.
    Customers should get proper feedback and will understand when they are kept informed.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @msatt said:
    I am starting to get pissed off with all the push-ups.
    States max 14 days and no updates.
    Customers should get proper feedback and will understand when they are kept informed.

our pallet (with the hdd) was delayed due of custom (we have not count with this sorry) and will be delivered tumorrow , i hope the dc will have time to install tumorrow all our config and will be provided. We will change the next due date in all orders anyway and also we offer full refund if is need.

Thanked by (1)msatt
  • Thanks for thé update, delayed shipements happen those says

• @Buthead said:
    Thanks for thé update, delayed shipements happen those says

the romanian export guy was a idiot ... 5 days only to prepare the papers .... so no comment. Any way the pallet will be delivered tumorrow (at least the dhl was call today to destinatary and confirmed) so lets hope no more delay.

• Oh boy :o

PS what are the specs from 1 node

• @Buthead said: Oh boy

PS what are the specs from 1 node

somthing like :-1:

E5-2620 cpu or E5-2450l
    128 gb ram
    14x12tb hdd
    10gbps port speed

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • a little update , our pallet was delivered today in norway and we working in order to put all online today , thanks all for patciense.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • I'd prefer to pay monthly and not annually....

• If you sell something you should supply based on terms and conditions - Hostsolutions said "Norway (14 days delivery maximum )" on the 15th of October. Then after being 'pushed' it ended up being 3rd of November - it is the 5th and still nothing and worse still NO FEEDBACK.
    I know cociu is trying hard but this is not how you run a business and create loyal customers.
    8 days OVERDUE is annoying and pallets or paperwork problems is not my fault. Paying money in advance has to be done on trust. I have no doubt that cociu WILL supply but this way of selling and promising should not be allowed if it cannot be fullfilled ON TIME.
    My complaint is not against cociu directly (always appears genuine although English may sometimes be challenging), it is with this type of selling.

Thanked by (1)FreeBSD
  • cociu is like a wife ..... up and down.... he is the only one who sells like this and he is my wife.

Thanked by (2)bdl yoursunny
  • @msatt said:
    If you sell something you should supply based on terms and conditions - Hostsolutions said "Norway (14 days delivery maximum )" on the 15th of October. Then after being 'pushed' it ended up being 3rd of November - it is the 5th and still nothing and worse still NO FEEDBACK.
    I know cociu is trying hard but this is not how you run a business and create loyal customers.
    8 days OVERDUE is annoying and pallets or paperwork problems is not my fault. Paying money in advance has to be done on trust. I have no doubt that cociu WILL supply but this way of selling and promising should not be allowed if it cannot be fullfilled ON TIME.
    My complaint is not against cociu directly (always appears genuine although English may sometimes be challenging), it is with this type of selling.

request a refund then

Thanked by (2)cociu skorous
  • Sorry but one liners can be easily misunderstood and can be meant positively but taken negatively.
    Push-ups are (I think) meant as a joke but if someone is frustrated they just wind them up more.
    The point is if something is sold with conditions, those conditions should be met by BOTH parties.
    Obviously things can go wrong and the customer should be kept updated. Neither of these have happened.

• schnafischnafi OG
    edited November 2020

Does it even matter? I mean, stating "14 days delivery maximum" and then not fullfilling it in these 14 days is kind of a nono, but what do you wanna do? With these prices, HS has literally no competition. However, despite some data loss and/or network outages, he delivers consistently (be careful with your usecase tho, hint: backupserver/Linux isos). So go on then and find such an offer with other providers. You basically can't. I even think, that most of the buyers did already guess that "14 days max" might not be hold. And cociu also refunds on point, no questions asked. Buy apples get monkeys

This is a business modell with thin margins (I believe) and as a result, such issues happen. If you don't like this uncertainty, leave it. HS will always find buyers for such crazy storage deals, others would be glad to get one, even with 4 weeks delivery time. Just my 2 cents

• msattmsatt OG
    edited November 2020

@schnafi - you are correct it is a very good deal which is of course why I went for it (and others).

From what I have seen @cociu has lots of positive followers and I am already using another HS service so know about reliability etc.
    I totally accept that a refund is an option and something that would be given without question.

My point is as stated **FEEDBACK **is needed and in most cases would be understood - promises (max 14 days) can fail but even if the deal is so good, it does NOT excuse the seller from **FEEDBACK ** and it is not the buyers fault for expecting such.