ShortPixel + ShortPixel Adaptive Images (CDN credit) Lifetime Deal on Appsumo - from 49.99$

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited October 2020 in General

Right now what I was waiting for on Black Friaday/Cyber Monday was not necessarily more hosting deals (although I am always on the lookout for shared/reseller deals) but some cool (Lifetime) Deals. Shortpixel are running their 4th Appsumo promo and it's a great deal for sure :)

I use ShortPixel a lot on my own and my client's WordPress sites. 15k credits per month is definitely very nice to have. Adding that 125GB CDN credit makes it even more interesting of a deal.

Link: https://appsumo.com/shortpixel/

@vyas not sure if you already go this mate. I remember you mentioned that you used ShortPixel but can't remember exactly to what extent. Might be worth a look ;)

Comments

• Great deal, thanks @Ympker

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Thank you, been using ShortPixel for a while and really happy with it - been buying credits as one offs to avoid yet another subscription. So this deal is perfect for me.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Ympker

I got it last year, happy with it.
    CDN is a dog and best avoided.
    Image compression is super slick

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Squats are the new Push-ups

• vyasvyas OG
    edited October 2020

If all you need is image compression, or reduction in size, or transform to webp or avif..

There are other options available. here is a rather long list of image compression tools compiled by me.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider
    edited October 2020

@vyas said:
    @Ympker

What do you mean? Their cdn sucks?

Let me get this straight. This is a lifetime cdn? Now I don't have to pay for bunnycdn anymore?

• @yokowasis said:

@vyas said:
    @Ympker

What do you mean? Their cdn sucks?

Yes

Let me get this straight. This is a lifetime cdn?

Bandwidth renews every month

Now I don't have to pay for bunnycdn anymore?

Stay with the Bunny. SPAI (shortpixel cdn) uses some slow boat version of Stackpath. Bunny is far superior in terms of speed and delivery.

• BTW their

@vyas said: slow boat version of Stackpath

I didn't know StackPath had tierd services. How is it compared to normal stackpath, as while I was testing shortpixel cdn it was pretty good

• @sanvit said:
    BTW their

@vyas said: slow boat version of Stackpath

I didn't know StackPath had tierd services. How is it compared to normal stackpath, as while I was testing shortpixel cdn it was pretty good

This might explain the difference in my experience

Versus yours

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited October 2020

@vyas said:
    If all you need is image compression, or reduction in size, or transform to webp or avif..

There are other options available. here is a rather long list of image compression tools compiled by me.

Thanks for the feedback mate. What would you say sets ShortPixel apart from the other tools you mentioned then? Comfort (due to its' wp integration) or just the quality of their compressions? WebP creation is definitely also a cool thing they have included.

• @Ympker said:

@vyas said:

Thanks for the feedback mate. What would you say sets ShortPixel apart from the other tools you mentioned then? Comfort (due to its' wp integration) or just the quality of their compressions? WebP creation is definitely also a cool thing they have included.

Multiple ways of compression IMO
    CLI (server/ Mac) WP plugin, web interface and JavaScript for non WP sites

Very few services offer such convenience.

I wouldn’t bank too much on webp.
    Compressed image + CDN like Gumlet works far better. Or use Cloudinary. I like is more than Gumlet but paid tier is pricey

But overall Shortpixel is good.

For Compression alone imgbot and a few others are superior. But web only or WP only.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• sanvitsanvit OG
    edited October 2020

@vyas said: This might explain the difference in my experience

Could you elaborate a bit? Are you talking about the lack of PoPs on your region?

@vyas said: JavaScript for non WP sites

Couldn't find anything about this too :(

• @sanvit said:

Could you elaborate a bit? Are you talking about the lack of PoPs on your region?

Yea function of PoP location. For Js - since you enlightened me on the CDN for non WP sites, here goes

https://shortpixel.com/api-docs

Thanked by (1)sanvit

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

@vyas said:

Multiple ways of compression IMO
    CLI (server/ Mac) WP plugin, web interface and JavaScript for non WP sites

Very few services offer such convenience.

I wouldn’t bank too much on webp.
    Compressed image + CDN like Gumlet works far better. Or use Cloudinary. I like is more than Gumlet but paid tier is pricey

But overall Shortpixel is good.

For Compression alone imgbot and a few others are superior. But web only or WP only.

Gotcha! Thanks mate. Yeah, that makes sense :)

• @vyas said:

@sanvit said:

Yea function of PoP location. For Js - since you enlightened me on the CDN for non WP sites, here goes

https://shortpixel.com/api-docs

Thanks! That seems like this exposes your API key to clients though?

Didnt know ShortPixel had PDF optimization, too. Never saw that.

• @Ympker said:

It only compresses file sizes up to 50MB. That may be enough for image, but not for PDFs IMO

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

It only compresses file sizes up to 50MB. That may be enough for image, but not for PDFs IMO

Ah! Fair enough. Never used it for PDFs but can probably be useful, too.