2»

Comments

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Hosting Provider
    edited November 2020

@SagnikS said:

@AlbaHost said:

@yokowasis said:

@aaronstuder said:

@yokowasis said: I can assure you it will end up ugly, unless you can selectively choose who you want to be your neighbor.

I am sorry, but I don't understand? The resources are dedicated, and your only talking about 2 - 4 people per server. What I am missing?

Yes, dedicated. But FBI will confiscate all the whole server. And hetzner in worst case scenario will suspend your account makes you lost your other server as well.

Being a provider isn't just be able to split the resouces.

In our scenario back in 2015, they took only the hard disks of the node where the customer's vps was created. And leaved all other 43 customers on the same node offline...

Was that on Hetzner, or somewhere else?

Actually it was in our DC in Albania... but if i remember correctly @seriesn (nexusbytes) have had the same situation in Germany-Hetzner recently, he said they took the disks.

Thanked by (2)SagnikS Falzo

wWw.AlbaHost.Net .AL domains, Dedicated Servers, VPS/VDS and Hosting Services. Geo located in Albania.

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@AlbaHost said:

@yokowasis said:

@aaronstuder said:

@yokowasis said: I can assure you it will end up ugly, unless you can selectively choose who you want to be your neighbor.

I am sorry, but I don't understand? The resources are dedicated, and your only talking about 2 - 4 people per server. What I am missing?

Yes, dedicated. But FBI will confiscate all the whole server. And hetzner in worst case scenario will suspend your account makes you lost your other server as well.

In our scenario back in 2015, they took only the hard disks of the node where the customer's vps was created. And leaved all other 43 customers on the same node offline...

It works for multi hard drive. In case 1 hard drive, it means the whole server are down.

Thanked by (1)AlbaHost
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Hosting Provider
    edited November 2020

@yokowasis said:

@AlbaHost said:

@yokowasis said:

@aaronstuder said:

It works for multi hard drive. In case 1 hard drive, it means the whole server are down.

Our server have had 4x1TB hdd raid10, and they took them all disks belong to that server, which mean whole server was offline. Because i'ts raid, and the data are striped around the disks.

wWw.AlbaHost.Net .AL domains, Dedicated Servers, VPS/VDS and Hosting Services. Geo located in Albania.

@AlbaHost said:

@yokowasis said:

@AlbaHost said:

@yokowasis said:

@aaronstuder said:

Our server have had 4x1TB hdd raid10, and they took them all disks belong to that server, which mean whole server was offline. Because i'ts raid, and the data are striped around the disks.

I refer to the default hetzner AX LINE setup.

• I have decided not to spit this up, and just transfer it to someone.

Thanked by (2)Falzo ehab
  • @aaronstuder said:
    I have decided not to spit this up, and just transfer it to someone.

How much per month? Thanks!

• I am ready to take it up.

@aaronstuder said:

is it done already ? I pm'ed you a few weeks ago

• @aaronstuder said:

Received server transfer from @aaronstuder.

Thanks!

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • My apologies to anyone I missed :-( I tried my best

• Please close this

• @aaronstuder said:
    Please close this

You can update the subject to indicate it's sold.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).