A fresher, more stable billing system has now launched.

What seems to be a long time coming (4 years) yeah no joking, we are excited to announce we've released BillingServ v2.0. You can use our Demo to take it for a spin.

A lot of blood sweat and tears have gone into this version. While we are still upgrading some of our integrations, the main platform is ready to go. Anyone who is on our first version will be able to import all their data.

We now have regions that we like to call "pods" which you can select in your BaseServ ID Account. This is where your data resides. We currently have the US and EU pods. Asia will be coming online in Q1.

These pods allow us to control and maintain data easier, meaning if you are an EU company you don't have to worry about GDPR as your data resides in the EU. To begin with, we have 6 PoPs, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany, New York, Los Angeles, and finally Miami. Having these PoPs allows us to automatically failover in the event of server/network failure. All data is synced in their respective pods. We've also deployed our own GeoDNS system, which will always redirect you to your nearest PoP.

Our WHMCS/Blesta import tool is nearly complete, we are just finishing off our Blesta tool and then it will be live.

BillingServ at a glance:
• Fully Hosted with 100% uptime with failover.
• Fully PCI Compliant.
• ISO 27001 Compliance.
• Web Hosting Integrations (DirectAdmin, cPanel, Plesk, Proxmox, Virtualizor, and more).
• Digital Downloads, Sell Services via our package’s manager.
• Nothing to install, setup or maintain
• We take care of all the security and patches so you don’t have to.

Demo:

https://demo.onlinebillingform.com
U: Demo_Admin
P: Demo123%

https://www.billingserv.com

Any questions, feedback, or ideas please let me know.

Thanks all.
Jord

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.
BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013

Thanked by (2)Mason Asim

Comments

• SaaS is a problem. Self hosted version when?

Thanked by (1)Jord
  • @Hxxx said:
    SaaS is a problem. Self hosted version when?

At the moment we are just focusing on our SaaS version, something we may consider in the future.

I know this won't please everyone, and that is ok. But we have been getting quite a great response so far.

Thanked by (1)mikho

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

To be fair WHMCS are making a lot of SAAS noises these days anyway that said I would not personally elect for a SAAS option as a first choice even for a better product, simply because I don't want to deal with the minefield of gdpr and data processing on a 3rd party platform.

Thanked by (1)Jord

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Seems like a great product, but SaaS is a dealbreaker for me. I've gone trough the hell of having a provider suddenly close shop and leave businesses crippled, I'm not doing that again.

Thanked by (1)Jord
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

Oooo laa laa

Thanked by (1)Jord

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @AnthonySmith said:
    To be fair WHMCS are making a lot of SAAS noises these days anyway that said I would not personally elect for a SAAS option as a first choice even for a better product, simply because I don't want to deal with the minefield of gdpr and data processing on a 3rd party platform.

I completely understand that and we won't be for everyone. We are just trying to make invoicing/billing hassle free, without the worries of having to keep systems updated and allowing businesses to focus on selling.

• Nice product.
    I could see this being used by freelancers.

Thanked by (1)Jord
  • @rcy026 said:
    Seems like a great product, but SaaS is a dealbreaker for me. I've gone trough the hell of having a provider suddenly close shop and leave businesses crippled, I'm not doing that again.

Thank you, that doesn't sound like you've had a very good experience. We've been around for nearly 7 years now and we aren't going anywhere anytime soon :) You also have full access to your data at all times. So you can export everything you need.

• @Mason said:
    Oooo laa laa

Oooo laa laa indeed sir, I even used YABS to benchmark the servers ;)

Thanked by (1)Mason

• @Naix said:
    Nice product.
    I could see this being used by freelancers.

Thank you :)

We can be used by anyone in any sector, not just hosting. But we started off in hosting so we wanted to continue on our path. We have freelancers to businesses of all sizes.

But this is just the start, we want to expand BillingServ into a lot more, full eCommerce, full accounting, and much much more :D

Thanked by (1)Naix

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited January 2021

I was lucky enough to you with this during the beta phase. Good product. Specially for people who are either looking for a simpler digital market place or easy invoicing solution.

I think LE may not be the right market for this since most here are people who are into self hosted project. But I do see this becoming a proper industrial grade product.

This is a fantastic tool and Jord, I wish you all the best man. I bet lots of hard work and yellings went into making this.

Thanked by (1)Jord
    edited January 2021

@seriesn said: I think LE may not be the right market for this since most here are people who are into self hosted project. But I do see this becoming a proper industrial grade product.

It is certainly cheap enough, half the price of WHMCS.

My concern is I have no idea what GDPR regulations I am breaching or potentially breaching or how to answer one of my own customer's questions about hosting their data on another companies infrastructure.

@Jord perhaps you could add some detail around that, for example, hypothetically, you have access to my customer's data, I am legally required to inform them of that which gives them a legal right to contact you to have it removed from my system as you both hold and process it and you don't need to ask my permission to do so.

Perhaps I have that wrong but that in itself is my concern, it is a whole extra layer with GDPR being a thing and simply saying "I know its not for everyone" is not really a valid way to address that sort of concern.

Some of the info on your website and accreditations suggests you have already taken steps towards covering this so I assume you should be in a healthy position to answer for possible customers.

I hope this is not coming over as negative, I am not setting any traps, lord only known my personal feelings towards being trapped using WHMCS so I love to see competition.

Thanked by (1)Jord

• @AnthonySmith said:

@seriesn said: I think LE may not be the right market for this since most here are people who are into self hosted project. But I do see this becoming a proper industrial grade product.

It is certainly cheap enough, half the price of WHMCS.

My concern is I have no idea what GDPR regulations I am breaching or potentially breaching or how to answer one of my own customer's questions about hosting their data on another companies infrastructure.

@Jord perhaps you could add some detail around that, for example, hypothetically, you have access to my customer's data, I am legally required to inform them of that which gives them a legal right to contact you to have it removed from my system as you both hold and process it and you don't need to ask my permission to do so.

Perhaps I have that wrong but that in itself is my concern, it is a whole extra layer with GDPR being a thing and simply saying "I know its not for everyone" is not really a valid way to address that sort of concern.

Some of the info on your website and accreditations suggests you have already taken steps towards covering this so I assume you should be in a healthy position to answer for possible customers.

I hope this is not coming over as negative, I am not setting any traps, lord only known my personal feelings towards being trapped using WHMCS so I love to see competition.

Thank you, please don't see my "it's not for everyone" as a response to GDPR. We take GDPR very seriously, along with our ISO we always make sure customers data is always secure.

As BillingServ is Saas, we are a Data Controller and Data Processor, but being a Data Controller only goes as far as our clients who we provide the BillingServ Instance to. We then become a Data Processor for your clients information, you would then be the Data Collector so we would not be allowed to remove a customers account from your system. Neither would we. Your data is your data, not ours.

GDPR was and still is very much confusing, but we are not allowed to view and interact with your data. Which we would never do anyway.

All our clients data reside within their own databases, so no one will have access to your data apart from you. You can view/export at anytime. And your clients have access to a readable format of their data via a push of a button in their client area.

I hope this helps, any questions please do let me know. I will try and help the best I can.

• @seriesn said:
    I was lucky enough to you with this during the beta phase. Good product. Specially for people who are either looking for a simpler digital market place or easy invoicing solution.

I think LE may not be the right market for this since most here are people who are into self hosted project. But I do see this becoming a proper industrial grade product.

This is a fantastic tool and Jord, I wish you all the best man. I bet lots of hard work and yellings went into making this.

Thanks Jay, means a lot. It was great to have your feedback during our Beta.

You're also one of our launch partners for BillingServ, so thank you for taking a leap of faith with us :heart:

Thanked by (1)seriesn

@Jord makes sense yes, it is always a concern though as you practically have to do a 4-year degree in GDPR these days to understand even 60% of it fully,

Essentially I think the reason I prefer a none SAAS model is because ultimately the backstops with me and the consequences are mine for any choices I make. with SAAS I can only take peoples word for it.

Thanked by (1)Jord

• @Jord said: All our clients data reside within their own databases

Each client of yours runs on their own database?

Thanked by (1)Jord
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    @Jord makes sense yes, it is always a concern though as you practically have to do a 4-year degree in GDPR these days to understand even 60% of it fully,

Essentially I think the reason I prefer a none SAAS model is because ultimately the backstops with me and the consequences are mine for any choices I make. with SAAS I can only take peoples word for it.

Very true, I don't think anyone will ever truly understand it :D

I fully understand that and you've got to do what works best for you, we are just offering a solution to people who want something that is managed, so they can just focus on their business.

Like you said, WHMCS does seem to be heading toward SaaS too, so time will only tell with how that's picked up too.

• @Mr_Tom said:

@Jord said: All our clients data reside within their own databases

Each client of yours runs on their own database?

Yes they do.