Webhosting24 Year of the Ox Special

2»

Comments

• edited February 2021

@tomazu Hello, sir, I find a serious problem about network that the testing ip(194.39.205.4) gets a heavy packet loss connecting to the global internet
    http://ping.pe/194.39.205.4
    you can see it on this website

• tomazutomazu Hosting Provider
    edited February 2021

@brunuh said:
    @tomazu Hello, sir, I find a serious problem about network that the testing ip(194.39.205.4) gets a heavy packet loss connecting to the global internet
    http://ping.pe/194.39.205.4
    you can see it on this website

thank you for the feedback, I have verified directly on the node and the ICMP traffic level currently is very high so that ICMP packets are getting dropped/rate-limited by the firewall.

I will raise the limit for ICMP traffic, but this is not a network problem, it just seems that the testing IP is being heavily tested at the moment - this has nothing to do with your server or the network generally :-)

UPDATE:
    I have adjusted the ICMP traffic rate, could you please test again?

Webhosting24: We are a Hoster, so You can be a Builder.® Build something today: 1 IPv4 & /48 IPv6 subnet always included
    Munich Cloud Servers: NVMe RAID10 & Unmetered Bandwidth Singapore Launch Thread - Premium Connectivity, Ryzen CPU & NVMe RAID1

• edited February 2021

@tomazu said:
    I have adjusted the ICMP traffic rate, could you please test again?

testing ip (194.39.205.4) result

my server ip(194.39.205.x9) result

the testing ip (194.39.205.4) ICMP result seems much better now, in terms of global internet
    But compared with my server ip(194.39.205.x9), the testing ip displays much worse performance when connecting to China internet, you can see the contrast through pictures above.

• I also noticed that they are limiting the ICMP traffic. However, about 15% packet loss in China is really normal for non-China optimized network s.

• @brentybh said:
    I also noticed that they are limiting the ICMP traffic. However, about 15% packet loss in China is really normal for non-China optimized network s.

if you look at the pictures carefully, you would notice that official testing ip (194.39.205.4) get red with every China node, but my actual server ip(194.39.205.x9) get red with only half of the China nodes, the other half is total green.
    That's abnormal, right?

• edited February 2021

@phart said: Also I can't see any way to remove my credit card details from my account, I don't remember checking any option to store it during payment.

This has been requested many times on the WHMCS forums and they still haven't added such option on the customer end too.

@brentybh said: I also noticed that they are limiting the ICMP traffic. However, about 15% packet loss in China is really normal for non-China optimized network s.

That's correct, this is normal for non-china optimized networks especially during busy hours.

Sydney seems to have a higher latency than usual as well but I guess that's mostly towards the Vultr server that ping.pe uses as with most german providers I get around 256ms on that node. Using a different test location than Vultr for Sydney gives me better latency/routing results.

@Rengar said:

@phart said: Also I can't see any way to remove my credit card details from my account, I don't remember checking any option to store it during payment.

This has been requested many times on the WHMCS forums and they still haven't added such option on the customer end too.

yes, this is done manually - as it seems a custom hook would be possible to get this done, but currently you need to open a ticket if you want the Stripe token to be removed from your account.

@brentybh said: I also noticed that they are limiting the ICMP traffic. However, about 15% packet loss in China is really normal for non-China optimized network s.

That's correct, this is normal for non-china optimized networks especially during busy hours.

sometimes even for China optimized networks :-)

Sydney seems to have a higher latency than usual as well but I guess that's mostly towards the Vultr server that ping.pe uses as with most german providers I get around 256ms on that node. Using a different test location than Vultr for Sydney gives me better latency/routing results.

that is correct and I think we can shave off 60-80ms from that route towards Vultr by routing over Cogent! Will optimize for the routes displayed on ping.pe as it seems those are the ones that matter ;-)

Thanked by (1)Rengar

Webhosting24: We are a Hoster, so You can be a Builder.® Build something today: 1 IPv4 & /48 IPv6 subnet always included
    Munich Cloud Servers: NVMe RAID10 & Unmetered Bandwidth Singapore Launch Thread - Premium Connectivity, Ryzen CPU & NVMe RAID1

• @tomazu said: sometimes even for China optimized networks :-)

Indeed

@tomazu said: that is correct and I think we can shave off 60-80ms from that route towards Vultr by routing over Cogent! Will optimize for the routes displayed on ping.pe as it seems those are the ones that matter ;-)

ping.pe is indeed pretty popular but I'd always do additional tests as in this case.

New customer here and the performance of your service is great so far, will be able to provide a better feedback in a few months.

Thanked by (1)tomazu

The new nodes with SSD local storage (not NVMe!) are ready to round off this special week:

GOLDENOX40 (21 EUR/year):
    2 vCores (fair share CPU usage) Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    2GB RAM memory
    40 GB SSD RAID5 Storage
    5 TB monthly BW @ 1Gbit/s
    1 IPv4 address
    1 IPv6 /48 subnet
    21 EURO per year (+VAT if applicable)
    https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=465

GOLDENOX20 (10 EUR/year)
    1 vCore (fair share CPU usage) Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    1GB RAM memory
    20 GB SSD RAID5 Storage
    2TB monthly BW @ 1Gbit/s
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 /48 subnet
    10 EURO per year (+VAT if applicable)
    https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=464

Thanked by (2)Brueggus Rengar

• @tomazu said:

Very nice to see Traditional Chinese (not Simplified Chinese). Not many people are wise enough to choose this.

@tomazu Kung Fei Faat Choi! (wishing you a lot of wealth)

@swat4 said:
    Very nice to see Traditional Chinese (not Simplified Chinese). Not many people are wise enough to choose this.
    @tomazu Kung Fei Faat Choi! (wishing you a lot of wealth)

thank you very much. In the coming days I will try to optimize the routing towards China and Asia in general.. as it seems it requires manual intervention, it should already be better and will be even better - at least from what we can do from our part - in the next days.

I appreciate all feedback.