News from the Gutter ...

Comments

• I saw 4 faces, 1 mad, a brother from the gutter..

Thanked by (2)uptime vpsgeek

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

ah ah ah ah

Imma start the guesstimation game

25 "hosts"

100 customers per host

$10 scammed from each customer

would total $25,000 ...

doesn't really seem worth it to me, but I'm more about the long game I suppose

bump up the number of customers per host by a factor of 10 or so and then it starts to get more interesting

Thanked by (2)Amitz vpsgeek

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@uptime said:
    Any guesses as to the number of punters taken, and the total dollar amounts (let's say, over the course of a year - and maybe also over the last several years?)

I read this as "printers" the first time around, and now I can't not picture Chris filling the bathroom full of pilfered printers before loading them into the back of an unmarked white van.

Thanked by (3)Amitz vpsgeek uptime

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• uptime said: would total $25,000 ...

If you are operating out of a bathroom, USD 25,000 can take you quite far.

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek uptime

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

Wel; I am just talking out of my ass ... literally shitposting

@WSS PC LOAD LETTER

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4190828-deluxe-corporation-dlx-ceo-lee-schram-q2-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript

For the remainder of 2018, we expect ColoCrossing to contribute approximately $7 million in revenue and be neutral to adjusted earnings per share before transaction and restructuring costs.

(Just to give some idea about relative scale of drops in the bucket ... or plops in the bucket, ammirite?)

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

• @tgl said:

@vpsgeek said:

@SmallWeb said:
    One of them involves a toilet, a desk lamp and somebody named Chris.

There is no doubt that Chris Fabozzi is the mastermind behind all CC based scams under the leadership of Jon Biloh

actually if they are behind this operation, they seem like petty thieves, a real scam operation is hijacking millions from banks, not collecting $5-$10 from suckers

Based on the current internet population, if they managed to sucker ten bucks each from 0.0001% of the population, they are counting millions.

I would say ethically they are just one rung above robbing robbing unlicensed hoes.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:

@tgl said:

@vpsgeek said:

@SmallWeb said:
    One of them involves a toilet, a desk lamp and somebody named Chris.

There is no doubt that Chris Fabozzi is the mastermind behind all CC based scams under the leadership of Jon Biloh

actually if they are behind this operation, they seem like petty thieves, a real scam operation is hijacking millions from banks, not collecting $5-$10 from suckers

Based on the current internet population, if they managed to sucker ten bucks each from 0.0001% of the population, they are counting millions.

I would say ethically they are just one rung above robbing robbing unlicensed hoes.

Something like this...

Thanked by (1)uptime

Squats are the new Push-ups

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
    Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, twoenty-five hosts at the same time, man.
    Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do twenty-five hosts at the same time?
    Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause hosts dig a dude with money.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, not all hosts.
    Lawrence: Well the kind of hosts that'd exit scam for a dude like me do.
    Peter Gibbons: Good point.
    Lawrence: Well what about you now? what would you do?
    Peter Gibbons: Besides twenty-five hosts at the same time?
    Lawrence: Well yeah.
    Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
    Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
    Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, I would sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.
    Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do shit.

Thanked by (3)vyas vpsgeek pepa65

• Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, I would sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.

Sit on my ass on the toilet seat

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited December 2019

@uptime said:
    Imma start the guesstimation game

25 "hosts"

100 customers per host

$10 scammed from each customer

would total $25,000 ...

That's peanuts so I'm afraid the total must be way higher. Besides, you need to subtract license fees and other fees from the profit (like payment fees). They appeared to have at least a valid WHCMS license and while ColoCrossing is cheap, it's still costing them money to have servers with them. And generally speaking most people will try and get a refund.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2019

Hey Chris, What's Happening...

I want you to come in on Saturday and send those emails... and if you could shut down those shady hosting sites on Monday that would be great....

Yeah!

• seems he is not in the office

• probably in need of this

• @tgl said:
    seems he is not in the office

Yes, he had to leave his makeshift office because a python decided to pay a visit to check on his colon from under, relying on the element of surprise.

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • well, from what I understand he was caught doing reverse push-ups in the cucumber garden

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek
  • uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

such evocative imagery lol :smiley:

@Solaire - I suppose without having access to the accounting ledgers we might still constrain our estimations / educated guesswork a bit based on:

Length of time acquiring customers

Number of IP addresses (for VPS plans, less useful to estimate shared hosting though)

What else ...?

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Ah well, I feel bad for those that were scammed, i don't think there is a single thing we can do about it, they are clearly to well practiced at this multi small scale scam now.

We just need to strongly encourage people when they get scammed to change back even for $2

Short of a database leek, I don't see anyone finding a smoking gun.

Thanked by (3)uptime pepa65 vpsgeek

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• tgltgl OG
    edited December 2019

@AnthonySmith the smoking gun is Chris' colon, you know why, all that friction

@uptime i want the reward, i found the smoking gun!

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek
  • uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@tgl ... the proof is in the pudding I guess?

yuck

• tgltgl OG
    edited December 2019

@uptime said:
    @tgl ... the proof is in the pudding I guess?

yuck

i saw brown smoke coming out

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2019

@Francisco said: Chris Miller had the same experience when he ran UrPad

I sold URPad in early 2014.. and I am still getting spam and DMCA complaints for CC ranges, I gave up complaining about it after my first few times tagging Biloh on LET where he said he took care of it.

Thanked by (2)Francisco vpsgeek
  • Some people have no morals & for sure do not believe in ethics
    That guy Biloh is one of those

Thanked by (1)PureVoltage

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@ChrisMiller said:

I sold URPad in early 2014.. and I am still getting spam and DMCA complaints for CC ranges, I gave up complaining about it after my first few times tagging Biloh on LET where he said he took care of it.

You should find his mother... AND PUNCH HER RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!

Its the only reasonable option remaining.

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek ChrisMiller

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@AnthonySmith said:

@ChrisMiller said:

You should find his mother... AND PUNCH HER RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!

Its the only reasonable option remaining.

Which of her three heads do you aim for?

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@uptime said:

The canary image that may or may not be displayed directly above is served from Hosting73 (thanks @dahartigan) - and of course also cached by browser and possibly cloudflare (?) etc ... but if you don't see the tweety bird sippin' lean any more, then that party is surely over.

:scream: the end is nigh! :scream:

It is no more, party is over. :'(

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

It is no more, party is over. :'(

My monitors say that!

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • Thanked by (1)Abdullah

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

Looks like shit finally blew out.

Francisco

Thanked by (2)uptime Abdullah
  • the shit left the colon

Thanked by (2)Francisco poisson
  • This thread takes long time to load for me (not sure if it's 60, 90 or 120 seconds). Almost like it's a timeout it's waiting for. I'm on a 50/50 Mbps internet connection ... Is it just me experiencing this? :o