Brace Yourself, LowEndSpirit Infra Changes On The Horizon

Comments

• when you're not busy make sure this site auto redirect to https. It does not at the moment

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@hey said:
    when you're not busy make sure this site auto redirect to https. It does not at the moment

Thanks for the heads up (and @vyas in the Cest Pit)! I guess that was enabled when the domain was in Ant's CF account, but not carried over when I put it in the new LES CF account. Should be fixed now.

Thanked by (1)vyas

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• Thanks, confirming ssl is active now

Squats are the new Push-ups

• As blocks > @Mason said:

@hey said:
    when you're not busy make sure this site auto redirect to https. It does not at the moment

Thanks for the heads up (and @vyas in the Cest Pit)! I guess that was enabled when the domain was in Ant's CF account, but not carried over when I put it in the new LES CF account. Should be fixed now.

Such shame. Very Vyas like.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Mason

Some progress: Amazon SES has said yes and decided to bless LES, thus is now our new email egress. So please express any distress if you assess issues with your e-address. Thank you and

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer
    edited March 2021

@Mason said: Argo was silently removed like a month or two ago

For awhile LES has seemed significantly slower here than previously. I wonder if this change has anything to do with the load time increase I seem to have been seeing recently.

@Mason @mikho Also, just now I saw this:

But things are back well enough that I can post this comment. If posting works? :)

Thanked by (1)Mason

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Yes.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Mason
    edited March 2021

@Not_Oles said: Also, just now I saw this:

That's interesting. I check the site more than I care to admit and haven't hit this speed bump. Do you get this for a specific action or URL that you hit? Has anyone else seen behavior like this?

Perhaps once we migrate LES to it's new VM soon(tm) (maybe this weekend?) that'll not be an issue any longer... but we'll see I suppose and re-evaluate then.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles skorous

@Mason said: Do you get this for a specific action or URL that you hit?

The 520 seemed to happen as I posted or was just about to post a comment. It might have been that the routine automagic saving of the comment draft plus my trying to post somehow interfered with each other/

Thanked by (1)Mason

@Not_Oles said:

@Mason said: Do you get this for a specific action or URL that you hit?

The 520 seemed to happen as I posted or was just about to post a comment. It might have been that the routine automagic saving of the comment draft plus my trying to post somehow interfered with each other/

Okay. I'll dig into the error log a bit and see if I can pull out what might have caused it.

@Mason Maybe I can add a bit to my previous comment about possible interference between the autosave and my attempt to post.

The autosave (as well as opening any page) takes anywhere from a noticeable moment to a few seconds. And occasionally a bit more than a few seconds.

During the autosave the Post Comment button goes light colored. This happened exactly as I was trackpadding over to the Post button. I was a bit surprised, imagining I had fat fingered the Alt key or something. But the Post button came right back to green, and I pushed it before I realized that the autosave had just happened. I am guessing some of the behind the scenes autosave stuff might not have been quite finished?

Don't mean to go on and on. This is a trivial problem. I mention it only as a token of appreciation for how much you and @mikho care about getting everything as polished as possible. Thank you!

Thanked by (1)Mason

@Not_Oles said: Don't mean to go on and on. This is a trivial problem. I mention it only as a token of appreciation for how much you and @mikho care about getting everything as polished as possible. Thank you!

Well, we certainly thank you for the bug report and hope we can tackle this problem in case it's affecting others as well.

I went through the error logs, but can't find anything that matches the timeframe indicated in the screenshot you posted to narrow down the issue. I'd hate to just chalk this one up to "vanilla being vanilla", so I'll keep digging around when I have some time. Looking at the error logs did make me realize that we had an issue with a typo in the config for the cookie's domain, which was flooding the error log with a bunch of warnings. So I believe thanks are in order for making me look and catching that at least :)

Cheers!

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Not_Oles said:

@Mason said: Argo was silently removed like a month or two ago

For awhile LES has seemed significantly slower here than previously. I wonder if this change has anything to do with the load time increase I seem to have been seeing recently.

@Mason @mikho Also, just now I saw this:

But things are back well enough that I can post this comment. If posting works? :)

had this recently as well on my own site. only at certain period of the day. monitoring myself as well as SSH into my VPS is no issue.

Thanked by (1)Mason

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

I can confirm that happening on my site too, origin server had no issues (checked logs) but this happens randomly sometimes. reloading the page solves it.

Thanked by (1)Mason
    edited March 2021

@Abdullah said:
    I can confirm that happening on my site too, origin server had no issues (checked logs) but this happens randomly sometimes. reloading the page solves it.

exactly same for mine. only started say a week ago or something.

• @cybertech said:

@Abdullah said:

exactly same for mine. only started say a week ago or something.

Usually that happens when resource times out (php process for example). Tweaking php settings fixed it for our billing system. This was a pain in the ass for quite sometime.

Thanked by (3)Abdullah cybertech Mason
  • Like Mason, I also visit a bit more than I'd like to admit (slow period at work), but it's been working perfectly well from my part of the world (Europe).

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@seriesn said:
    Usually that happens when resource times out (php process for example). Tweaking php settings fixed it for our billing system. This was a pain in the ass for quite sometime.

Done that, let's see how it goes..
    Thanks for your suggestion :)

Thanked by (1)seriesn

More fun a few minutes ago! ?

same 522 error at my site.

• Seems like the formatting/layout is broken for me :|

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

edited April 2021

The forum will be migrated to it's new VM on Hetzner Cloud this evening around 11pm-12am EST (3am-4am UTC). Forum will be inaccessible for a few minutes while that occurs.

I've also set up the support/help desk using HESK, so I'm prepping that as well. Will post an update when these two items are complete.

• @Mason said: The forum will be migrated to it's new VM on Hetzner Cloud

I do like Hetzner Cloud, a good choice.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • @Mason said:
    The forum will be migrated to it's new VM on Hetzner Cloud this evening around 11pm-12am EST (3am-4am UTC). Forum will be inaccessible for a few minutes while that occurs.

I've also set up the support/help desk using HESK, so I'm prepping that as well. Will post an update when these two items are complete.

Since ya'll moving things to wp, why not use a plugin like this https://wordpress.org/plugins/kb-support/ to keep everything together?

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@seriesn said:

@Mason said:

Since ya'll moving things to wp, why not use a plugin like this https://wordpress.org/plugins/kb-support/ to keep everything together?

Would like to keep the number of WP plugins to a minimum.
    Even though it looks like a nice plugin.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said:

@seriesn said:

@Mason said:

Would like to keep the number of WP plugins to a minimum.
    Even though it looks like a nice plugin.

True. Figured having one unified system would make y'all happy :).

Does this mean offer submission is going to be a thingy thing?

@seriesn said: Does this mean offer submission is going to be a thingy thing?

Absolutely. We'll release details when we're ready for some offers to be sent in to us! :)

Thanked by (1)seriesn

• @mason have you moved it? Seems super quick all of a sudden.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@Lee said:
    @mason have you moved it? Seems super quick all of a sudden.

Here too! Same. Much faster!

@Lee said:
    @mason have you moved it? Seems super quick all of a sudden.

Not yet, usually traffic is slowing down around this time of the night so maybe it's that? Not quite sure.

Thanked by (1)Lee

This discussion has been closed.