Brace Yourself, LowEndSpirit Infra Changes On The Horizon

Comments

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Mason said:
    The forum will be migrated to it's new VM on Hetzner Cloud this evening around 11pm-12am EST (3am-4am UTC). Forum will be inaccessible for a few minutes while that occurs.

I've also set up the support/help desk using HESK, so I'm prepping that as well. Will post an update when these two items are complete.

Almost time! Bye old, friendly LES server! Thank you! ❤️

Thanked by (1)Mason

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Back in action! Forum has been successfully migrated to Hetzner Cloud :)

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Mason said:

Gut gemacht! Funktioniert hier gut! Aber warum ist die Seite jetzt Niedrig Ende Geist? 😵

Thanked by (2)Mason Ympker

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

@Not_Oles said:

@Mason said:

Gut gemacht! Funktioniert hier gut! Aber warum ist die Seite jetzt Niedrig Ende Geist? 😵

Schon gut, alles Teil des Plans!

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles havoc Ympker

• Network is really fast, my man. :)

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • MS said:
    Network is really fast, my man. :)

newtork is fast my man

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

MS said:
    Network is really fast, my man. :)

newtork is fast my man

Shilling is bad :)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

has the forum ever run on a single core VPS, and is it now on multi core?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@cybertech said:
    has the forum ever run on a single core VPS,

Looks like, yes. When mikho and I inherited it, it was on a multi-core server (2 CPUs) so the specs were increased sometime between site launch and now by Ant.

and is it now on multi core?

Yes, it's now run on a CPX11 Hetzner Cloud VM (2x Epyc vCPUs)

Thanked by (1)cybertech

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

!Quick Announcement!

Early next week there will be a change made to LES. Can't/won't say much more at this point.
    Keep your eyes open

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said:
    !Quick Announcement!

Early next week there will be a change made to LES. Can't/won't say much more at this point.
    Keep your eyes open

Do I need to put my glasses on?

@seriesn said:

@mikho said:
    !Quick Announcement!

Keep your eyes open

Do I need to put my glasses on?

No need for glasses.
    Only make sure your joints are warmed up.
    Or you might end up with a stiff neck.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

new platform?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• The sidebar is going, I guess. Hopefully the rest will center on my screen that has a resolution and format that’s too high for filled out websites.

• Initially read "Early next week there will be a charge made.."

• @Lee said:
    Initially read "Early next week there will be a charge made.."

You been working in the banking sector for way too fucking long

Thanked by (2)Lee Falzo
  • @seriesn said: You been working in the banking sector for way too fucking long

If you can't charge for it, take it off them.

Thanked by (1)seriesn
    edited April 2021

@Lee said:
    Initially read "Early next week there will be a charge made.."

No worries, I can arrange that too.
    A member fee of $7?

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles Wolveix Ympker

• @mikho said: A member fee of $7?

To be honest why not. Offer people a 'supporters' title, access to a private forum, no ads and other perks that won't cost you anything and I suspect quite a few would sign up to it just to support the place. It will end up paying hosting costs if nothing else.

@Lee said:

@mikho said: A member fee of $7?

To be honest why not. Offer people a 'supporters' title, access to a private forum, no ads and other perks that won't cost you anything and I suspect quite a few would sign up to it just to support the place. It will end up paying hosting costs if nothing else.

Something like that is on the roadmap.
    Among other things that @Mason and I discuss.

Its not long ago that the last parts of LES was transferred so that @Mason and I could manage domain/mail settings and such.

Things are happening in the background and as mentioned earlier we have focused on changing a few things as we now are more then one that runs LES and need to be updated on things that happen on this forum.

Thanked by (2)Lee skorous

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@Lee said:

I would pay for a supporters title that actually hits the spot. Not just WHT style though, something more community based.

I'm not a sidebar ad person so won't be doing those again, so if you want to monetize me there's your chance :tongue:

@SmallWeb said:

@Lee said:

I would pay for a supporters title that actually hits the spot. Not just WHT style though, something more community based.

I'm not a sidebar ad person so won't be doing those again, so if you want to monetize me there's your chance :tongue:

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your spot?
    I’m jumping the gun here since questions will be asked later on, but please, tell me your ideas.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@mikho said: If you don’t mind me asking, what is your spot?

Just something honest and fair really.

I mentioned raffle idea in another thread, but I think any sort of community events/giveaways and stuff would be good.

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • @mikho said:

@SmallWeb said:

@Lee said:

I’m jumping the gun here since questions will be asked later on, but please, tell me your ideas.

I honestly would prefer 1 leaderboard and one footer rotating ads. Not intrusive, everyone gets a fair amount of visibility and please for the love of god, don't allow me to upload flashy ads. If you do, I won't be responsible for the outcome.

Thanked by (1)Wolveix

@seriesn said:

@mikho said:

@SmallWeb said:

@Lee said:

I honestly would prefer 1 leaderboard and one footer rotating ads. Not intrusive, everyone gets a fair amount of visibility and please for the love of god, don't allow me to upload flashy ads. If you do, I won't be responsible for the outcome.

Flashy ads breaks rule number one!

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited April 2021

@mikho said:

@seriesn said:

@mikho said:

@SmallWeb said:

@Lee said:

Am I cool yet?

edited April 2021

@seriesn said:

@mikho said:

@seriesn said:

@mikho said:

@SmallWeb said:

@Lee said:

Am I cool yet?

You sneak ;)

Thanked by (1)seriesn

• @mikho said:

@seriesn said:

@mikho said:

@seriesn said:

@mikho said:

@SmallWeb said:

@Lee said:

Am I cool yet?

You sneak ;)

• Why not just allow people who don't want to pay for ads to pay for "nothing" and give them priority.
    If an ad costs $5 for example - let a supporter buy an ad space and let it show up as blank, empty, not attribution- just whitespace.

If enough supporters buy nothing, there will be no ads selling something. So, those that want nothing- win. If those that want nothing are more vocal than supportive, then we get ads for something.

So, everyone will face the internal dilemma- do they want something or nothing; or do they just want to discuss forever.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee PHP_Backend
  • @DataGizmos said:
    So, everyone will face the internal dilemma- do they want something or nothing; or do they just want to discuss forever.

I'll pay $7 for a thread to discuss this forever

This discussion has been closed.