Looking for cheap as fuck, shared hosting

2»

Comments

• @Neoon said: To expensive.

If Michael is too expensive then I take it things like uptime are optional.

Thanked by (2)dahartigan Ympker
  • @SmallWeb said:
    PM'ed ^

Sidenote, how cheap is "fuck"? I don't know the prices you're paying but.. pretty expensive down here.

• @lentro said: So when you came along with your first post after signing up soon offering free stuff

it's not just that. simply couldn't hold back any longer and needed to poke the bear a little... for now. could be wrong. maybe not. awareness is all I am after.

Thanked by (2)lentro Ympker
  • edited March 2021

There are three issues:

• No IPv6.
    • No SSH, which means you can't install dependencies with npm, pip, or composer. You could rsync dependencies but that would take much longer.
    • ToS says you cannot talk about any competing hosting provider. For example, a link to microLXC = account terminated.

https://treefiddy.yoursunny.cn is what I came up.

Thanked by (1)lentro

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider
    edited March 2021

@yoursunny said: No IPv6.

Come on, do you think that shit's free?

Wait..

I know it's not. I'm a comedian by night.

@yoursunny said: ToS says you cannot talk about any competing hosting provider. For example, a link to microLXC = account terminated.

You can't talk about a competing hosting provider.. so I can be one and power it on Servedez? I'm going to save a lot of money.

• LeeLee OG
    edited March 2021

@SmallWeb said: I'm a comedian by night.

Let me get your coat for you.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

I'm here all week, folks!

• Virmach had and maybe still has a thing where you get a free minimal shared plan if you have a paid vps with them. I have it and use it, it has some downtime and other flakiness but it basically works. I only use it for a few very low traffic personal sites so I haven't bothered trying to move it. Actually one time, one of my pages got linked from a big blog and took a few thousand hits in an hour or two and it seemed to work just fine through that. So it's hard to beat free.

BuyShared's $8/year plan includes cpanel and a dedicated ipv4 address, also hard to beat, but I haven't figured I need it. I do have another personal site on a BuyVM VPS and that works quite well.

@Mikho also had some very low cost shared plans. I had one for a while but never used it (if we can idle VPS we might as well also idle shared plans) so eventually cancelled. It seemed perfectly nice though.