Introducing CrossBox Communication Suite
Hello everyone! My name is Ismir, and I'm the CEO and co-founder of CrossBox.
I want to thank @Mason for the opportunity to introduce myself and CrossBox to the incredible and knowledgeable LES community. Below is more information about our mission, software features, benefits, and the technologies behind CrossBox.
CrossBox is on a mission to provide an all-in-one, 100% self-hosted communication suite for hosting/email providers that benefits both the end-user and the service provider. It allows service providers to use their existing infrastructure to provide customers with advanced communication features usually available exclusively on Gmail, Outlook, and other big SaaS platforms (without breaking the bank and in full GDPR compliance).
Features for Service Providers
The most notable feature is the CrossBox Cluster. It allows service providers to present a single entry point for all customers across different servers. That includes a single (central) webmail URL, a single IMAP, SMTP, POP3 hostname, and a single MX. In larger deployments, providers can also choose to build a highly available, load-balanced, and geo-distributed setup - making it easy to achieve 100% uptime, horizontal scaling, and fast access for users from different parts of the world.
Features for End-users
40+ different features and productivity tools are available for users to use within the CrossBox interface. These include email, chat, audio/video calls, conferences, screen-sharing, file storage/sharing, and many more. You can learn more about these and all other features in the Features Tour or check them out live in a Hosted Demo. Most popular features cover:
- Powerful Email Composer
- Email Attachment Previewer Built-in
- Email Scheduling
- Email Snoozing
- Send Large Email Attachments
- Canned Responses
- Email Reminders/Follow-ups
- Spam Learning
- Email Filters
- External Email Accounts
- Auto-purge/auto-sweep Old Emails
- Chat, Audio/Video Calls
- Real-time File Sharing
- Private Files
- Team Folder
- 2FA, Access Recovery
- 100+ languages
- Android/iOS Apps
White-label & Android/iOS Apps
The White-label Add-on benefits the service provider, reseller, and the customer. It allows setting a custom app name, logo, color theme, login page, webmail URL, IMAP/SMTP/POP3 hostnames, MX, and many other details (you can even brand the user-agent). Also, providers can use the Online Apps Builder to build white-labeled Android/iOS apps for themselves, resellers, or customers.
Control Panel Support
Service providers can install CrossBox on all three popular control panels: DirectAdmin, cPanel, and Plesk. Integration with these panels is plug-and-play. That means no changes to the services or config files, so you can keep everything running as usual.
Control Panel Integration
- CrossBox will show up as one of the options in the panel's webmail system
- All email accounts hosted on the server can log in to CrossBox using just the email address and password.
- Service providers and resellers can decide who has access to CrossBox (via WHM Feature Manager and Plesk Additional Services).
- Respects email and disk quotas set for the email/hosting account and stores all data within the user's home directory.
- Auto-detects and uses services like SpamAssassin, Rspamd, Clamd
- Works with other popular plugins like MailChannels and SpamExperts
Technology Behind CrossBox
- Microservice Architecture
- Backend in Golang (for low CPU and memory footprint)
- Frontend in React + Angular (for real-time experience)
We've been building CrossBox for almost five years now. It would be impossible to cover everything in a single topic, so feel free to browse our Website, Docs, FAQ, and Changelog if you're interested in learning more.
If you have any questions or feedback, please do let us know in the comments.