New Global Ping Tools

avelineaveline Hosting ProviderOG

Hello everyone!

We built a new tool to ping/test reachability from 40+ global locations.

https://ping.sx/ping

Currently, it supports the following checks:

  • ICMP Ping
  • Port Check (TCP)
  • MTR (single host only)

If you have any questions or feedback, please do let us know in the comments.

Thank you!

Misaka.io | Blazing fast AnyCast DNS with 60+ POPs GeoDNS, AXFR, DNSSEC supported.
And Reliable high-performance virtual server with BGP support | Ashburn, Reston, New York, Kansas, Madrid, St. Petersburg, São Paulo, Johannesburg

ping.sx | Ping any server from global locations in parallel

Comments

  • Great tool. Thanks.

  • @aveline said:
    Hello everyone!

    We built a new tool to ping/test reachability from 40+ global locations.

    https://ping.sx/ping

    Currently, it supports the following checks:

    • ICMP Ping
    • Port Check (TCP)
    • MTR (single host only)

    If you have any questions or feedback, please do let us know in the comments.

    Thank you!

    This could be a good alternative for existing one.

  • TCP port check is very useful, because some servers block ICMP ping while allow TCP.

    The end is nigh for Ubuntu 16.04. Providers still offering Ubuntu 16.04 past EOL will be ashamed.

  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider
  • Something weird is going on with akamai

  • @Spirit said:
    Something weird is going on with akamai

    I'm not seeing anything abnormal?

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer
  • Well done mate 👍🏼

    DP - Tech/Hosting related Domain Names for sale. PM for list/details.


  • Good to see another fine Ping Tools service.
    Well done, @aveline :)

  • @sanvit said:

    @Spirit said:
    Something weird is going on with akamai

    I'm not seeing anything abnormal?

    The london ping goes to Newark and a few other locations also seem to resolve to other places, despite there being Akamai servers closer to the source
    DNS issue maybe idk

    Thanked by (1)sanvit
  • Looks really neat and good selection of locations. However, the calculation of the average ping seems to be off when there's packet loss? It seems like lost pings are counted as 0ms toward the average, which obviously looks odd if the average ping is lower than the best ping.

    Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • avelineaveline Hosting ProviderOG

    @salakis said:
    Looks really neat and good selection of locations. However, the calculation of the average ping seems to be off when there's packet loss? It seems like lost pings are counted as 0ms toward the average, which obviously looks odd if the average ping is lower than the best ping.

    Yes, it's a known issue. I'll fix it this weekend. :-)

    Thanked by (1)ialexpw

    Misaka.io | Blazing fast AnyCast DNS with 60+ POPs GeoDNS, AXFR, DNSSEC supported.
    And Reliable high-performance virtual server with BGP support | Ashburn, Reston, New York, Kansas, Madrid, St. Petersburg, São Paulo, Johannesburg

    ping.sx | Ping any server from global locations in parallel

Sign In or Register to comment.