What is your favorite geographical location for getting hosting (VPS, Dedicated, Shared, Reseller)?

It depends on the project but usually I pick NL or UK

Favorite geographical location for getting hosting
  1. What is your favorite geographical location for getting hosting (VPS, Dedicated, Shared, Reseller)?60 votes
    1. Western Europe
      45.00%
    2. Eastern Europe
        8.33%
    3. South Asia
      21.67%
    4. North America
      18.33%
    5. South America
        1.67%
    6. Australia
        1.67%
    7. Africa
        1.67%
    8. Middle East
        1.67%

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|IntoVPS|SmallWeb|NexusBytes

Comments

  • LeeLee OG
    edited April 23

    Western Europe - Either UK/Netherlands/Germany. Tend to avoid France. Any other country of course if there is a specific benefit in doing so.

    Thanked by (2)vpsgeek3333 ialexpw
  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider

    Ashburn, ashburn, asburn!

    (I used to always provision public cloud instances there given I heard it was very popular from others too)

    But now I realize zero LE providers have services there, so now I use Los Angeles (good asia)/New York (closer to me)/Europe (Hetzner, OVH, etc with great costs)

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • Anywhere exotic should be fine for me I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • @Lee said:
    Tend to avoid France.

    Is it because of privacy laws there?

    Recommend: MyRoot.PW|IntoVPS|SmallWeb|NexusBytes

  • My main website is in Seattle.
    This location is chosen according to the geographical distribution of my readers.

    In past 30 days:

    1. Eastern Asia: 45.89%
    2. Northern America: 16.19%
    3. Western Europe: 8.48%
    4. Eastern Europe: 4.87%
    5. Southeast Asia: 4.77%

    I'm building a global network to efficiently deliver push-up videos.
    The map shows all the servers I have now. (not every node is part of the content network)

    To further my push-up video world domination plan, I want VPS in regions that I do not already have a node.
    If there's a 1GB at $16/year or less, I want to know about it.

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333

    The end is nigh for Ubuntu 16.04. Providers still offering Ubuntu 16.04 past EOL will be ashamed.

  • I'm with Switzerland (alphosting) and Liechtenstein (li-life).

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

    @yoursunny said:
    My main website is in Seattle.
    This location is chosen according to the geographical distribution of my readers.

    In past 30 days:

    1. Eastern Asia: 45.89%
    2. Northern America: 16.19%
    3. Western Europe: 8.48%
    4. Eastern Europe: 4.87%
    5. Southeast Asia: 4.77%

    I'm building a global network to efficiently deliver push-up videos.
    The map shows all the servers I have now. (not every node is part of the content network)

    To further my push-up video world domination plan, I want VPS in regions that I do not already have a node.
    If there's a 1GB at $16/year or less, I want to know about it.

    will you ever attempt one arm pushup?

    Thanked by (2)yoursunny vpsgeek3333

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited April 24

    @yoursunny said: To further my push-up video world domination plan, I want VPS in regions that I do not already have a node.

    You have the south pole covered but not the north pole? Why do the penguins deserve pushups but not the polar bears? Especially since they seem to have been skipping arm day lately.

    Thanked by (2)yoursunny vpsgeek3333

    Humble janitor of LES
    Proud papa of YABS

  • Dallas

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • AMS

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • @cybertech said:
    will you ever attempt one arm pushup?

    I tried, and failed.

    @Mason said:

    @yoursunny said: To further my push-up video world domination plan, I want VPS in regions that I do not already have a node.

    You have the south pole covered but not the north pole? Why do the penguins deserve pushups but not the polar bears? Especially since they seem to have been skipping arm day lately.

    When my network is up, North Pole will be served by Poland.
    There are three common letters "Pol", and they are geographically close.

    @seriesn said:
    Racism.

    My global network is open to everyone, not just Racists.

    I'm trying to get Mali Hosting for Africa, so that I can move the microLXC to Australia.

    After that, I'm only missing South America.
    If you open a location in Montevideo, Uruguay, I'll consider.

    The end is nigh for Ubuntu 16.04. Providers still offering Ubuntu 16.04 past EOL will be ashamed.

  • avelineaveline Hosting ProviderOG

    @lentro said:
    Ashburn, ashburn, asburn!

    (I used to always provision public cloud instances there given I heard it was very popular from others too)

    But now I realize zero LE providers have services there, so now I use Los Angeles (good asia)/New York (closer to me)/Europe (Hetzner, OVH, etc with great costs)

    We do have services in Ashburn DC Campus though the pricing isn't very LE ...

    Thanked by (2)lentro vpsgeek3333

    Misaka.io | Blazing fast AnyCast DNS with 60+ POPs GeoDNS, AXFR, DNSSEC supported.
    And Reliable high-performance virtual server with BGP support | Ashburn, Reston, New York, Kansas, Madrid, St. Petersburg, São Paulo, Johannesburg

    ping.sx | Ping any server from global locations in parallel

  • @vpsgeek3333 said: Is it because of privacy laws there?

    No, just so saturated there, with OVH and a couple of others.

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • Is Ashburn the USA?
    /sarcasm

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333

    lowendinfo.com is expired.

  • Depends on what. Personal / backend - UK so that it's near me. Blog type stuff US to be near target audience.

    Typing with 100ms latency SSH is a pain though

    ..and lately been experimenting with edge stuff.

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • @aveline said:

    @lentro said:
    Ashburn, ashburn, asburn!

    We do have services in Ashburn DC Campus though the pricing isn't very LE ...

    $15/year 512MB is available in Reston.
    Ashburn and Reston are only 23 minutes apart by taxi.
    Is there a significant difference in connectivity?

    Pictured: I'm having coffee in Reston VA.

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333

    The end is nigh for Ubuntu 16.04. Providers still offering Ubuntu 16.04 past EOL will be ashamed.

  • Your choice of "geographical location" is a disgrace. We deploy would wide!

    Thanked by (2)vpsgeek3333 yoursunny

    Be aware or Be next

  • UK, or US east coast.

    Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint vpsgeek3333

    Mostly harmless ™
    I/O Gremlin

  • I prefer the UK or DE even most of my visitors from Indonesia because the servers cheaper over there.

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • avelineaveline Hosting ProviderOG

    @yoursunny said:

    @aveline said:

    @lentro said:
    Ashburn, ashburn, asburn!

    We do have services in Ashburn DC Campus though the pricing isn't very LE ...

    $15/year 512MB is available in Reston.
    Ashburn and Reston are only 23 minutes apart by taxi.
    Is there a significant difference in connectivity?

    Pictured: I'm having coffee in Reston VA.

    No, just 0.4ms RTT added. We have backbone between these two datacentres so basically you can see them as the same network.
    Our Ashburn DC is Equinix DC2 and it's quite expensive. Reston is CoreSite VA1 which is cheaper.

    Thanked by (2)yoursunny vpsgeek3333

    Misaka.io | Blazing fast AnyCast DNS with 60+ POPs GeoDNS, AXFR, DNSSEC supported.
    And Reliable high-performance virtual server with BGP support | Ashburn, Reston, New York, Kansas, Madrid, St. Petersburg, São Paulo, Johannesburg

    ping.sx | Ping any server from global locations in parallel

  • It's on a case by case basis.
    If I'm only looking for cheap hosting, I usually end up in nl, uk or the us. France is usually cheap as well, but I have bad experience with french infrastructure so I try to avoid it.
    If I want high quality infrastructure and good ip reputation, I try to look at Scandinavia, Germany or Canada. Or rather, I should say that I do not really look that way, but I usually end up there anyway.

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

    @lentro said:
    Ashburn, ashburn, asburn!

    (I used to always provision public cloud instances there given I heard it was very popular from others too)

    But now I realize zero LE providers have services there, so now I use Los Angeles (good asia)/New York (closer to me)/Europe (Hetzner, OVH, etc with great costs)

    That may change soon ;-)

    Thanked by (2)lentro vpsgeek3333
  • @mozart said:
    I'm with Switzerland (alphosting) and Liechtenstein (li-life).

    Wow.. over $10 per month for hosting a website. How did you end up here? Even $10 per year (not month) is too much for many. If they're having special offers making their prices slightly more temping, please post them here. Since we're talking about location, this might be a rare pick.

    Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
Sign In or Register to comment.