cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Bankruptcy/dead pool?

Comments

• @chimichurri said:
    cociu has posted at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3253103/#Comment_3253103

tl;dr

• the HDDs that were supposed to replace the damaged ones are still missing because of chia
    • renewed promises from a while ago (refounds or an extra few months of service)
    • the GTS case is about an abrupt connection termination (which from the HS POV was unjust and implied contract termination)
    • IPs and hardware are being sold in order for the company to survive; still enough of both left to continue running the service
    • all Romanian servers are in Oradea now because of lower cost; BUC to return after refounding/recreating all involucrated VPS
    • Norway was, is and should be fine; @terrahost has cociu's blessing to publicly state if he were to be missing on payments

Not really buying anything of this though. If it were true, most of this should have been cleared more than a month ago.

In the meanwhile no Romanian IPs are announced and IPs are sold. But if he has overstock of those, why haven’t people in the 193 /22 not gotten a new address in the last month.

• edited July 2021

I too am skeptical...

Sadly, I ordered my service too long ago, and now there's not much more left I can do right now, apart from hoping that this story would somehow turn out to have a happy ending.. orz

IMO (in descending order of certainty):

• IPs/HDDs (most likely to be true... call me naive, but I am willing to bet that it was more incompetence than malicious intent, and that he is genuinely trying to save the company by doing this.. he said his PayPal account is already blocked, why else would he return to OGF after having his provider tag stripped? IMO, had he been a conscious scammer, he could have just disappeared all of a sudden just like the hotlineservers guy)
    • Oradea (with the perfume shop [?] being his own DC and supposedly really close to a power station, this does sound reasonable)
    • Norway (apparently NO servers are fine ATM)
    • GTS (some OGF members are saying that they indeed can be unreasonable, so here too I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt)
    • HDDs (I mean, if we are to literally believe the story given to us, there's simply too many drives failing at once; I can't help thinking that something is off with this one)
    • VPS refounded/recreated (sadly, the least likely one to be true... although as stated above I do not suspect malicious intent here, also, being left without any kind of choice, I'd really like to think otherwise, but, given what it seems like ATM, I think the chances of recovery are really dim, so I'd chargeback ASAP, if you still have a chance to do so)

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• To be fair, I don’t think he’s a scammer and I don’t think he’s deliberately deadpooling either.

But I do think he’s technically bankrupt. He’s selling assets on which customers are provisioned. That says it all for me.

Thanked by (2)chimichurri vimalware
  • @Rahul said: Beef juice with GTS

FTFY :joy:

Thanked by (1)Rahul

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• If you are still falling for the guy, I'd be very concerned of your future.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• Seems like things are slowly coming back.

188.213.134.0/24 and 188.240.208.0/24 are announced again via RCS-RDS (https://bgp.he.net/AS8708)

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:
    Seems like things are slowly coming back.

188.213.134.0/24 and 188.240.208.0/24 are announced again via RCS-RDS (https://bgp.he.net/AS8708)

Is this the fourth or fifth transit provider he used in the last 12 months?

• deankdeank OG
    edited July 2021

Mark the dates.

• @debaser said:

@Brueggus said:
    Seems like things are slowly coming back.

Is this the fourth or fifth transit provider he used in the last 12 months?

Just to answer my own question, it's the sixth:

1. Liberty Global
    2. T-Mobile Czech Republic
    3. GTS
    4. M247
    5. Telia
    6. RCS&RDS

M247 was used in cojunction with GTS and (later on) Telia. All others have been used as a single uplink.

• He should stick to selling perfumes.

Thanked by (1)ialexpw

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Looks like my two NVMe VPS woke up a few hours ago. But 45.* one doesn't have an internet connection(Only VNC console works), other one working fine but the network is limited to 100Mbps.

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 93.1 Mbits/sec  | 93.1 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 93.3 Mbits/sec  | 93.2 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 92.7 Mbits/sec  | 93.3 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 80.7 Mbits/sec  | 73.8 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 89.8 Mbits/sec  | 91.1 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 86.8 Mbits/sec  | 79.5 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 84.4 Mbits/sec  | 88.2 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 64.0 Mbits/sec  | 72.2 Mbits/sec

• @Hakim said:
    Looks like my two NVMe VPS woke up a few hours ago. But 45.* one doesn't have an internet connection(Only VNC console works), other one working fine but the network is limited to 100Mbps.

On OGF @cociu said that he only reprovisioned NVMe and Ryzen nodes. Limited network probably because of cost-cutting, maybe a 1Gbps connection in his Oradea dc.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Hakim said:
    Looks like my two NVMe VPS woke up a few hours ago. But 45.* one doesn't have an internet connection(Only VNC console works), other one working fine but the network is limited to 100Mbps.

> Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 93.1 Mbits/sec  | 93.1 Mbits/sec
    > Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 93.3 Mbits/sec  | 93.2 Mbits/sec
    > WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 92.7 Mbits/sec  | 93.3 Mbits/sec
    > Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 80.7 Mbits/sec  | 73.8 Mbits/sec
    > Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 89.8 Mbits/sec  | 91.1 Mbits/sec
    > Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 86.8 Mbits/sec  | 79.5 Mbits/sec
    > Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 84.4 Mbits/sec  | 88.2 Mbits/sec
    > Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 64.0 Mbits/sec  | 72.2 Mbits/sec
    > 

2680v4?

i believe he's shifted everything to Oradea

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@Hakim said:

@cybertech said: 2680v4?

Yes

well then mines' VNC up too on 45.*

• There was no internet on my 188.* too. Only VNC worked. Internet start working after rebooting the server from WHM panel. Reboot didn't work for the 45.*. Maybe the IP is still "involucrated".

• @Hakim said:
    There was no internet on my 188.* too. Only VNC worked. Internet start working after rebooting the server from WHM panel. Reboot didn't work for the 45.*. Maybe the IP is still "involucrated".

He stated that he's going to sell those subnets too... But probably won't be for the near future then.

But you'll never know with cociu.

• @debaser said:
    He stated that he's going to sell those subnets too... But probably won't be for the near future then.

I would sell them too if I was potentially going to be bankrupt.

• @cybertech said: i believe he's shifted everything to Oradea

Where it All Began

• edited July 2021

@cybertech said: i believe he's shifted everything to Oradea

Where it All Began

at this point I don't think HS will Deadpool.

BUT

they will recover services on their own terms.

• @cybertech said:

If you mean going bankrupt then I seriously doubt it. Dude is grasping at straws, really. Lost his provider tags, and I don't see him getting it back very soon. Which means 0 new customers as all of his sales go through LE*. Paypal shut his account down (again). Selling assets, of which a full /22 that didn't get replaced yet.

• @debaser said:

@cybertech said:

If you mean going bankrupt then I seriously doubt it. Dude is grasping at straws, really. Lost his provider tags, and I don't see him getting it back very soon. Which means 0 new customers as all of his sales go through LE*. Paypal shut his account down (again). Selling assets, of which a full /22 that didn't get replaced yet.

I'll bet you €5 that he WILL get that tag and really soon for that matter. It's LET after all.

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

@serv_ee said:

@debaser said:

@cybertech said:

I'll bet you €5 that he WILL get that tag and really soon for that matter. It's LET after all.

yes he likely will be back but a mere shadow of his former scale

• @cybertech said:

@serv_ee said:

@debaser said:

@cybertech said:

Nah. There are enough people with Stockholm syndrome to buy all this crap up. "It's cheap so 2 months downtime doesn't matter"

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

• @serv_ee said:

@cybertech said:

@serv_ee said:

@debaser said:

@cybertech said:

Nah. There are enough people with Stockholm syndrome to buy all this crap up. "It's cheap so 2 months downtime doesn't matter"

I think he lost too much goodwill to make big profits though. Although people are very happy to believe his promises.

• It's not difficult for him to get his tag back considering it's only 1 person's call :)

• @thedp said:
    It's not difficult for him to get his tag back considering it's only 1 person's call :)

I think opening a new location in Buffalo should be enough.

• deankdeank OG
    edited July 2021

If he wants to bring back all the good will, all he has to do is simple.

Open a luna location. That will earn my good will at least.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FreeBSD

This discussion has been closed.