cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Bankruptcy/dead pool?

Comments

• Cociu provider tag revoked.by LET

Dentistry is my passion

• williewillie OG
    edited May 2021

oops wrong thread.

• @Lee said:

@teamacc said: If it results in an extended fsck, then sure.

So you have plenty of time while that is happening to send an email to customers, post a quick notification where many of your customers will see it and spread the word and so on.

Well, basically this.

Not communicating in such a case is either ignorance or malice. And I don’t know what’s worse.

• @debaser said: Not communicating in such a case is either ignorance or malice. And I don’t know what’s worse.

But you know how arrogant he is, the other option is he is intentionally saying nothing just to create the drama.

Thanked by (1)debaser
  • @Lee said:

@debaser said: Not communicating in such a case is either ignorance or malice. And I don’t know what’s worse.

But you know how arrogant he is, the other option is he is intentionally saying nothing just to create the drama.

Rumors say, that he makes a good percentage of his costumers via LET.
    Now since his provider tag is gone, its gonna get interesting.

Plus, by not replying, he makes things worse.

• @Neoon said: Now since his provider tag is gone, its gonna get interesting.

That is just a jab by LET to get a reaction. The seconds he appears back with his excuses the provider tag will be returned.

Thanked by (4)yoursunny skorous ehab Amitz
  • NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 2021

@Lee said:

@Neoon said: Now since his provider tag is gone, its gonna get interesting.

That is just a jab by LET to get a reaction. The seconds he appears back with his excuses the provider tag will be returned.

Did he buy colocleansing shares? since when?
    I am sure, that at some point, he will at least get a timeout of some sort.

Oh wait, it gives LET more page views, maybe yea.

Thanked by (2)Lee Amitz
  • I think it is typical (though not good) human behaviour, to procrastinate communicating about a situation until you have something good to say, or at least something definite. So maybe we will hear "everything is fixed now" or maybe "oh well bye" at some point. I second Ant's best wishes to Marius and hope that things work out. Meanwhile the hard drive shortage due to Chia seems to be real.

Thanked by (2)vimalware ehab
  • NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 2021

@willie said:
    I think it is typical (though not good) human behaviour, to procrastinate communicating about a situation until you have something good to say, or at least something definite. So maybe we will hear "everything is fixed now" or maybe "oh well bye" at some point. I second Ant's best wishes to Marius and hope that things work out. Meanwhile the hard drive shortage due to Chia seems to be real.

Well yes, but in some situations like this, its maybe not wise, to just don't reply to it.
    If someone claims that you are bankrupt and you are not replying, not even within 1 week, which it would be tomorrow.

Its a bad sign and people really believe at some point, that he is bankrupt.
    Which you can see on the network, which is kinda fucked right now.

I guess due to everyone still trying to get the data.
    It took me about 8 hours just to fetch about 100GB.

I hope that he replies at some point, hopefully.
    But as we already know from LET he is aware of that too but did choose not to reply.

So the question still remains, why he is not replying.

• @Neoon said:

@willie said:
    I think it is typical (though not good) human behaviour, to procrastinate communicating about a situation until you have something good to say, or at least something definite. So maybe we will hear "everything is fixed now" or maybe "oh well bye" at some point. I second Ant's best wishes to Marius and hope that things work out. Meanwhile the hard drive shortage due to Chia seems to be real.

Well yes, but in some situations like this, its maybe not wise, to just don't reply to it.
    If someone claims that you are bankrupt and you are not replying, not even within 1 week, which it would be tomorrow.

Finally could read one of your posts on the topic.

Without the noise of jsg’s counter everytime you comment over at LET

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 2021

@vyas said:

@Neoon said:

@willie said:

jsg is playing it down, I mean if I would login and see 1 of my machine down but 7 up, I would likely say the same.
    But apparently as we now know, it affects multiple IP ranges, so it can't be that small anymore.

So far since Saturday, I have have not see any announcements nor a fix.

• @vyas said: Without the noise of jsg’s counter everytime you comment over at LET

I betterlet'ed him out of existence a while ago and I have to say I haven't missed him.

Thanked by (2)vyas Amitz
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Neoon said:

@vyas said:

@Neoon said:

@willie said:

jsg is playing it down, I mean if I would login and see 1 of my machine down but 7 up, I would likely say the same.
    But apparently as we now know, it affects multiple IP ranges, so it can't be that small anymore.

So far since Saturday, I have have not see any announcements nor a fix.

I'm truly surprised he hasn't kicked up a huge fuss out of this like he does anything that doesn't go along his ways.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• The court date was today, right?
    My office is right across the street, I'm almost tempted to go...

• @daffy said:
    The court date was today, right?

LES live TV coming soon

Dentistry is my passion

• @daffy said:

"Today, on Judge Judy Daffy...."

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

hope @cociu watched the entire series of Suits before attending court.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• cociu is used to that , so np

Thanked by (4)willie Amitz Falzo mikho
  • @daffy said:

You are near him?
    If so, then you can help him.

• edited May 2021

Cross-posted from OGF

Hello All ,

first of all i have to ask apologise for my absence so i will not explain way i have been absent here but i can assure everyone i have dedicate all my time in the last week to resolve this issue. so i will try to be more explicit i can because stay here to chat will consume my time in resolve the issue :

In the day 12.05.2021 we have find 1 big storage netup down with+ 3000 clients involucrated (involved) in this so we have try to recuperate the data but unsucces (unsuccessful).

unfortunatly (unfortunately) from 400 hdd of 12tb each we have recuperate like 50 until now. The big problem in this period is buy new hdd due of the shit coin chia because the price in new hardware is almost 3x more exensive (expensive) than normal so i have dedicated all my time in find a solution to have new hdd as rapid i can to have the posibility (possibility) to migrate the data from the affected hdd.

What i think to do and hope is restablish (re-establish) the old service until the clients can migrate the data and offer a same service with 1 year for free to all clients involucrated (involved) in this (To note from all our services the issue is only in some storage plans , the rest is up an running so the compensation will be only for the clients from this Rack wich (which) was fucked.)

I have not connect here to ask merci because i don't need it , i have connect to update a little the problem as i have been driving 3 times the way oradea to bucharest in 1 week.

We will came with a final decision Monday as i need 1 day for me because i am almost depressed due of this .

Also we will offer full refound for the remain month service for the users who will ask for.

EDIT : Like i have told always hostsolutions will not dissapper (disappear), is my life there , many hours inverted and this is not a plan to close.

EDIT : Thanks all users from here who call me personally to offer his support. This mean much for me .

EDIT : Monday will came with a full plan for pass this bad step.

Thanks All ,
    Marius

• @kuroneko23 said: from 400 hdd of 12tb each we have recuperate like 50 until now.

Is this mean that hardware failed, but not the disks?

• edited May 2021

@LeroyJenkins said:

I guess the 400 HDD ran on (maybe) RAID 0, some disk failed. He can only recover 50 of them and he doesn't have new HDD to put the data.

EDIT : We don't know for now whether it's RAID 0 or not but I can't think other reason for a node to go down and can only recover 1/4 of the disk.

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@kuroneko23 said:

@LeroyJenkins said:

I guess the 400 HDD ran on (maybe) RAID 0, some disk failed. He can only recover 50 of them and he doesn't have new HDD to put the data.

EDIT : We don't know for now whether it's RAID 0 or not but I can't think other reason for a node to go down and can only recover 1/4 of the disk.

It was confirmed as raid 5 I believe a long time ago. either way, I want to know what sort of chassis takes 400 disks :o

Thanked by (1)kuroneko23

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• edited May 2021

OMG a 400 x 12TB drive NAS... :o

• vyasvyas OG
    edited May 2021

After the Cociu Masterclass, waiting for a jsg rebuttal.

The man needs a day off, wouldn’t blame him.

Edit: The problem seems to be much more severe than the “UPS issue” that Miguel mentioned on OGf

• @InceptionHosting said:

@kuroneko23 said:

@LeroyJenkins said:

It was confirmed as raid 5 I believe a long time ago. either way, I want to know what sort of chassis takes 400 disks :o

Storinator from 45drives has an XL version that takes up to 60 drives. 4U of height, average rack of 40U makes that 600 drives/rack (not taking cooling into account here). iirc their designs are open-source so anyone could make a clone of them for cheaper.

Imagine a fire and/or leaky roof near one of those racks.

Then again, judging by that space is probably cheap there, my bet is that it's something a little cheaper and a little less dense. Maybe the hdds were not in any enclosure?

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@InceptionHosting said:

@kuroneko23 said:

@LeroyJenkins said:

He mention Rack. Could be there has been more then one chassi.
    Even with a 36 disk chassi.... thats 10-11 chassis in a full rack.

Must have been more then a rack.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• what will bork that amount of disks? power surge or similar frying a backplane with drives attached? Or maybe disk failures cauding raid 5 rebuild, and losing more disks during rebuild itself?

• @teamacc said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@kuroneko23 said:

@LeroyJenkins said:

Storinator from 45drives has an XL version that takes up to 60 drives. 4U of height, average rack of 40U makes that 600 drives/rack (not taking cooling into account here). iirc their designs are open-source so anyone could make a clone of them for cheaper.

Imagine a fire and/or leaky roof near one of those racks.

Then again, judging by that space is probably cheap there, my bet is that it's something a little cheaper and a little less dense. Maybe the hdds were not in any enclosure?

He did mention the word "Rack" so the entire Rack went nuts.
    Unlikely that a sane person would put 400 Drives into Raid 5 in a single machine.

• edited May 2021

@Janevski said:
    OMG a 400 x 12TB drive NAS... :o

Sure.

1U NAS server $4771
    4x 106x 16TB JBOD enclosures, $53995/unit
    Connected over external RAID card

More than 6000GB of storage capacity, powered by two 4-core processors.
    At least there's 10Gbps networking.

Thanked by (2)Janevski bjo

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

This discussion has been closed.