Windows 10 to be retired in 2025, as new OS unveils

2»

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Klanx said:
    I knew that It wasn't going to be the final OS version. I mean company's gotta make their money.

Microsoft dev. team:
    "We're going to make this the last version of Windows and provide consistent updates and support over the coming years."

Microsoft marketing team:
    "LOL... hold my beer!"

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited July 2021

@bikegremlin said: Microsoft dev. team:
    "We're going to make this the last version of Windows and provide consistent updates and support over the coming years."

Microsoft marketing team:
    "LOL... hold my beer!"

True, but I see this as a leadership decision/"issue". Windows 10 as the last version of Windows was Satya Nadella's vision, I think, but since Panos Panay became the product head of Windows (Experience), he wanted something to show for his efforts. He was made the Windows Experience lead, so obviously UI and UX was going to be his thing (Earlier, he was in charge of only the Surface (hardware) division).

Both, Surface (Hardware) and Windows (Software) under one person makes sense, and it seemed to me (last year) that Microsoft is going to push their Surface product line as a competitor to Apple's MacBook instead of just offering Windows through OEMs.

Whatever the reason may be, there's always going to be a new version, because... marketing.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin