Anyone have problem of host mantis direct admin product?

yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider
edited June 2021 in General

Their cpanel is excellent.

But since I migrate to the direct admin, a lot of trouble arise. My subdomain throwing forbidden error (because direct admin and cpanel have different folder structure), can't set php version per folder, and now the last one, and now the my website don't even read htaccess. I even butchered my htaccess file, my website still loads fine.

They even confirm the problem (can't set php version per folder), and asked me to not change anything, while they contact cloud Linux support and asked for help. I mean this is a production website, I can't really afford to just sit idling while my website is offline.

Also I can't move either. Because I can't backup the database. Because the phpmyadmin won't let me export sql database because of the timeout.

In the past I can easily access the terminal. Now I can't, because direct admin doesn't have terminal.

So, anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or even ssh into their direct admin shared hosting? Because their support seems to be offline. It has been hours since last reply. Probably outside of working hours.

My current objective is to download mysql database. Anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Try throwing single file database management script Adminer and try to export / dump from there?

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Changing PHP versions per directory is not always enabled, even when using cPanel.
    I don't think I'm able to do that now with HostMantis cPanel hosting - not using their direct-admin hosting.

Is that always possible with DirectAdmin - not sure about that.
    MyW DirectAdmin hosting doesn't seem to have that option.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited June 2021

@yokowasis
    A while ago, I also thought about switchig my cPanel Mantis to DA and even though I am happy with MyW DA plan, I am happy to have stuck with cPanel at Mantis. Back then, I assumed the switch to DA might throw errors, but kinda unfortunate that they offer the migration to DA and then can't do it hassle-free. When I moved my cPanel Backup from HM to @MikePT DA, there also were some initial issues iirc. I also really prefer cPanel's folder structure to DA (DA has the subdomains in document root iirc which can be annoying). Hope this gets solved soon. However, can you not download one of HM's JetBackup from 2-3 days ago and restore that somewhere else for the time being?

@FAT32 thanks for mentioning Adminer. Seems pretty cool ;)

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@bikegremlin said:
    Changing PHP versions per directory is not always enabled, even when using cPanel.
    I don't think I'm able to do that now with HostMantis cPanel hosting - not using their direct-admin hosting.

Is that always possible with DirectAdmin - not sure about that.
    MyW DirectAdmin hosting doesn't seem to have that option.

It's working fine when using cpanel. I ask for support, and they tell me how to do it, and it just works. In directadmin the support reply : "we are able to reproduce the problem, we already contacted cloudlinux support, and they are investigating. do not do anything. It's just a few minutes". Which I understand, they want to keep the crime scene as is to make it better to fix it. But I can't really wait and risk it, because there is no guarantee it will be fixed in a few minutes like they said. And then they haven't been reply my last ticket for a few hours. I just can't risk it.

It's not really a feature of directadmin, because the directive itself is on .htaccess file.

@Ympker said:
    @yokowasis
    A while ago, I also thought about switchig my cPanel Mantis to DA and even though I am happy with MyW DA plan, I am happy to have stuck with cPanel at Mantis. Back then, I assumed the switch to DA might throw errors, but kinda unfortunate that they offer the migration to DA and then can't do it hassle-free. When I moved my cPanel Backup from HM to @MikePT DA, there also were some initial issues iirc. I also really prefer cPanel's folder structure to DA (DA has the subdomains in document root iirc which can be annoying). Hope this gets solved soon. However, can you not download one of HM's JetBackup from 2-3 days ago and restore that somewhere else for the time being?

Unfortunately even backup from yesterday is no use. It's a production website.

Will try the adminer

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:
    @yokowasis

Will try the adminer

Sorry to hear that, mate. Good luck and keep us updated! :)

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited June 2021

@yokowasis said:
    Their cpanel is excellent.

But since I migrate to the direct admin, a lot of trouble arise. My subdomain throwing forbidden error (because direct admin and cpanel have different folder structure), can't set php version per folder, and now the last one, and now the my website don't even read htaccess. I even butchered my htaccess file, my website still loads fine.

They even confirm the problem (can't set php version per folder), and asked me to not change anything, while they contact cloud Linux support and asked for help. I mean this is a production website, I can't really afford to just sit idling while my website is offline.

Also I can't move either. Because I can't backup the database. Because the phpmyadmin won't let me export sql database because of the timeout.

In the past I can easily access the terminal. Now I can't, because direct admin doesn't have terminal.

So, anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or even ssh into their direct admin shared hosting? Because their support seems to be offline. It has been hours since last reply. Probably outside of working hours.

My current objective is to download mysql database. Anyone have any idea?

For multiple php version, try this: https://my.nexusbytes.com/knowledgebase/40/Using-different-PHP-versions-with-different-domainordirectory.html

Thanked by (2)webcraft Ympker
  • edited June 2021

@yokowasis said:
    But I can't really wait and risk it, because there is no guarantee it will be fixed in a few minutes like they said. And then they haven't been reply my last ticket for a few hours. I just can't risk it.

Did you switch to DA because of the price increase? If so, you know you get what you pay for. If a couple hour downtime is too much to you, the hostmantis standard plans aren't suitable for this. I've had a similar case, just that php-ssh (for Teklab) was the issue but I had a SLA with my host and they migrated me within an hour to a VPS they created just to keep my site working until they fixed their shared hosting environment. Of course this was quite expensive but if it's so important to you that your site is 100% working, this type of product (mostly called "enterprise hosting with SLA") is for you.

• @yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:
    @yokowasis

Will try the adminer

What? I think you should do staging process before finalizing the migration

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• If SSH is enabled in your account, do a mysqldump from console. Transfer via SFTP.
    If this is a WP website, use wp-migrate.
    If timeout is the issue and the above solutions doesn't work... try exporting individual tables on PHPMYADMIN.

Good luck

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Loving it how so many people are trying to chime in here and help put :)

For all the reasons people might now like WordPress backup plugins and prefer JetBackup etc, I still take regular backups using Updraft to be able to access them any time over (S)FTP if needed.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

@webcraft said:

@yokowasis said:
    But I can't really wait and risk it, because there is no guarantee it will be fixed in a few minutes like they said. And then they haven't been reply my last ticket for a few hours. I just can't risk it.

Did you switch to DA because of the price increase? If so, you know you get what you pay for. If a couple hour downtime is too much to you, the hostmantis standard plans aren't suitable for this. I've had a similar case, just that php-ssh (for Teklab) was the issue but I had a SLA with my host and they migrated me within an hour to a VPS they created just to keep my site working until they fixed their shared hosting environment. Of course this was quite expensive but if it's so important to you that your site is 100% working, this type of product (mostly called "enterprise hosting with SLA") is for you.

It's less than "you get what you paid for", but more to "didn't test it thoroughly"

@chocolateshirt said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:
    @yokowasis

Will try the adminer

What? I think you should do staging process before finalizing the migration

I am not the one who doing the migration. It's supposed to painless and work seamlessly like @Francisco convert my cpanel to directadmin.

@Hxxx said:
    If SSH is enabled in your account, do a mysqldump from console. Transfer via SFTP.
    If this is a WP website, use wp-migrate.
    If timeout is the issue and the above solutions doesn't work... try exporting individual tables on PHPMYADMIN.

Good luck

SSH is enabled in my account, but I have no idea how to access ssh, the support haven't replied me yet. 1 table is so big, it's timeout.

@Ympker said:
    Loving it how so many people are trying to chime in here and help put :)

For all the reasons people might now like WordPress backup plugins and prefer JetBackup etc, I still take regular backups using Updraft to be able to access them any time over (S)FTP if needed.

Unfortunately it's not wordpress.

I mainly move to directadmin because their cpanel server is very slow. All of my websites is slow. Even the cpanel itself is very slow. To the point even throwing Error 500. This happened a few times, everytime it happens, and I contact the support, the answer always the same. "We see no problem on our server".

Even when clearly send them a screenshot of cpanel throwing internal server error 500. they said

"Typically, that would lead us to believe there is an issue, but after viewing logs of the server performance over the past 24 hours, we are just not seeing any issues that would cause that and no other clients on that server have experienced any issues."

all of my clients literally complained about it.

• HxxxHxxx OG
    edited June 2021

@yokowasis try port 22, the most common one, if that doesn't respond, try port 2200.
    User and password should be the same one you use to access cPanel or DA.

Then search for mysqldump on google or bing or whatever search engine you use.

If windows use PuTTY or if windows 10 you should have SSH already there in the command prompt.

Port for the SFTP should be the same that you used for SSH. Credentials also the same.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

A few notes (probably not helpful at the moment, but in the future):

1)
    Testing should have been done before migrating the production site.

2)
    So far, I've used HostMantis cPanel hosting on three different locations (Germany, UK and US), and they've all performed quite well for a basically low-priced shared hosting environment. Beating all the higher-priced shared/reseller hosting provider performance I'd compared it to (notably: Veerotech, MDDhosting, SiteGround and GnuHost). Not by a huge margin, but still faster.

Could the problems be down to website optimization?
    I've seen this with WordPress: after throwing more and more resources, a re-design and optimization got it to run just fine on a "standard shared hosting" environment.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

@yokowasis said:
    I mainly move to directadmin because their cpanel server is very slow. All of my websites is slow. Even the cpanel itself is very slow. To the point even throwing Error 500. This happened a few times, everytime it happens, and I contact the support, the answer always the same. "We see no problem on our server".

Even when clearly send them a screenshot of cpanel throwing internal server error 500. they said

"Typically, that would lead us to believe there is an issue, but after viewing logs of the server performance over the past 24 hours, we are just not seeing any issues that would cause that and no other clients on that server have experienced any issues."

all of my clients literally complained about it.

I don't know which server you are on but HM cPanel hosting has been probably one of the most performant shared hostings I have experienced, if not the fastest. Can't complain about speed here (Germany location cPanel).

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • You can use script like MySQLDumper, it is php based and can easily export big database.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.