Hetzner IPv4 Cost Increase (/29 now with a 152 euro setup fee!) (AUGUST 2ND DEADLINE)

AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

I don't think this has been posted yet, but the cost in IPv4 subnets and addresses will be increasing (for dedicated servers, vrack, and colocation). Each additional single IP will now have a 19 euro setup fee and will be 1.70 euro p/m. Each /29 subnet will have a 152 euro setup fee and will now be 13.60 euro p/m.

Order all of your IPv4 addresses without setup fees while you can, the changes in setup fees will take place on August 2nd. We resell a lot of Hetzner servers, and so this change will impact us dramatically. We're seeing what we can do.

Here's what they had to say about the change:

For a long time now, the pool of available IPv4 addresses has been almost empty at RIPE, the European IP address management agency. That's why RIPE stopped assigning IPv4 nets. There has also been increased demand in IPv4 addresses. Because of this situation, there is now a fast-growing market in IPv4 address trading with many active brokers. On https://ipv4.global/reports/ for example, users can buy IPv4 nets and transfer them to RIPE, regardless of the management agency that is responsible for administering the IPv4 address. Supply and demand determine the price at IPv4 brokers, so the prices have skyrocketed.

We have tried hard to avoid passing on these higher prices to our customers, and have accepted the economic loss until now. However, the prices have increased so dramatically that we can no longer do this. We unfortunately must increase our prices.

Starting on 2 August 2021, there will be a setup fee for new orders for additional IPv4 addresses.

Starting on 3 January 2022, the monthly price for new and existing additional IPv4 addresses will also increase.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

Comments

• Hetzner is increasing alot of prices by alot now. Kinda glad im on a commitment on my ovh setup.

• johnkjohnk Hosting Provider

It's almost like they're charging how much it takes to acquire the subnet. 5k Euro or so works out to $22/ip, which is a tad below the current going for a /24.

• qpsqps Hosting ProviderOG

@johnk said: 5k Euro or so works out to $22/ip, which is a tad below the current going for a /24.

Maybe you haven't looked lately, but IP pricing has gone up, a lot: https://auctions.ipv4.global/prior-sales

• johnkjohnk Hosting Provider

@qps said:

@johnk said: 5k Euro or so works out to $22/ip, which is a tad below the current going for a /24.

Maybe you haven't looked lately, but IP pricing has gone up, a lot: https://auctions.ipv4.global/prior-sales

Yeah, you're right. My numbers were as of 2 months ago. Insane how they've increased.

• Did cocou sell his ip a tad too soon ?

Thanked by (1)willie
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Hetzner transfer tokens for servers with extra IPs are the new Bitcoin. 😂

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@Not_Oles said:
    Hetzner transfer tokens for servers with extra IPs are the new Bitcoin. 😂

I was actually thinking of doing that 😂

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

I am a representative of Advin Servers