Virtuozzo Acquires OnApp

mikhomikho AdministratorOG

A week old news but it wasn’t mentioned here (unless I missed it).

Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Per the agreement, OnApp will continue operation as a division of Virtuozzo with OnApp’s staff integrating into Virtuozzo’s organizational structure. Business will continue as usual with Bredahl assisting with post-acquisition integration.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210720005004/en/Virtuozzo-Acquires-OnApp-Enabling-More-Comprehensive-Intuitive-Cloud-Infrastructure-Solutions-for-Service-Providers

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Let's see where this is headed. Two names I haven't heard much about in a while (blame it on me).

• The founder of OnApp didn't comment or say anything about it when I tagged him on the OGF on this same topic :joy:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@thedp said:
    The founder of OnApp didn't comment or say anything about it when I tagged him on the OGF on this same topic :joy:

Probably not allowed.
    External communications about it is handled by their marketing/communication department

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Interesting, I would assume OnApp would be worth more money / have more on cash so I would have expected the transaction to happen the other way around.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@lentro said:
    Interesting, I would assume OnApp would be worth more money / have more on cash so I would have expected the transaction to happen the other way around.

Definitely not the other way around :) compared to the conglomerate that Virtuozzo is part of, OnApp is to Virtuozzo as your big Toe is to you :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.