Namesilo announces price increase for .COM domains

mikhomikho AdministratorOG

The registry, Verisign, will be increasing prices for .COM domains starting on September 1, 2021. This means that unfortunately, NameSilo will need to do the same. We are contacting you because you have active or expired .COM domain(s) in your account.

There is still time to take advantage of the current lower prices by renewing your current domains and registering any new .COM names before September 1.

New Prices - our new prices for .COM domain(s) will be as follows:
Current price - $8.99 USD/domain
New price - $9.95 USD/domain

Renewal:
Current price - $8.99 USD/year
New price - $9.95 USD/year

Transfer:
Current price - $8.39 USD/domain
New price - $8.99 USD/domain

Mitigation: we are advising you renew all the .COM domain(s) you wish to keep before September 1st in order to renew at the current prices.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

Comments

• The end is nigh.

P.S. Yeah. right.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• I'm holding my domains at Dynadot. I think it's cheaper than Namesilo for couple of cents.

• All the cheap Donuts domains (.party and so on) went up a few months ago. They are still fairly cheap but no longer such throwaways as before.

• ExonHostExonHost Hosting ProviderOG

@Amadex said:
    I'm holding my domains at Dynadot. I think it's cheaper than Namesilo for couple of cents.

What is the new price at Dynadot?

ExonHost - Reliable Web Hosting Service Provider | Managed SSD Xen VPS | OpenVZ VPS
    ResellWays - Budget Shared Hosting & Reseller Hosting

• Porkbun is a few cents cheaper too.

Thanked by (1)webhostingservers
  • @ExonHost said:

@Amadex said:
    I'm holding my domains at Dynadot. I think it's cheaper than Namesilo for couple of cents.

didn't got any notice, for renewal the price is $8.99 (com)

• @ExonHost said:

@Amadex said:

• I wonder what will happen to other registrar like Porkbun/Namecheap. What is the new cost price?

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited August 2021

@ExonHost said: What is the new price at Dynadot?

$9.99 /year

EDIT: Sorry didn't reach to the part to notice that debaser has already responded to this.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• who needs .com when you got .net
    Fuck .com

• Cloudflare has .com renewal for $8.03 USD

• @Mulder said:
    Cloudflare has .com renewal for $8.03 USD

But you can't use external NS 😟

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @Amadex said:

@Mulder said:
    Cloudflare has .com renewal for $8.03 USD

But you can't use external NS 😟

Depending on use case, that is not necessarily a bad thing. LES has CF
    Ariadne and
    Pranab

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

I need to consolidate my domains into 1 registrar, I'm all over the place.
    I have some with Dynadot, Namecheap, Cloudflare, Njalla, Amazon, and Google.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:

How is Google domains? I am with Namesilo and would like to move to Google. Since price at Google is costlier than Namesilo, I would like to renew at Namesilo for few more years in advance and transfer the domains to Google.

High resources hosting in low-end pricing - ExtraVM (aff)

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@KidRock said:

@Advin said:

How is Google domains? I am with Namesilo and would like to move to Google. Since price at Google is costlier than Namesilo, I would like to renew at Namesilo for few more years in advance and transfer the domains to Google.

Google Domains is fine, but as you pointed out, it's a bit pricey compared to most other registrars.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• I did got notification email to renew domains before Sept 1st and lock-in savings. But that was not just namesilo. It came from openprovider and dynadot too!

• @Advin said:

Bad idea, don't.

• edited August 2021

FYI just asked Porkbun support about .com prices, they also said they will be raising their prices (to something around 9.13 dollars a year)

Thanked by (1)webhostingservers

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @webhostingservers said: I did got notification email to renew domains before Sept 1st and lock-in savings. But that was not just namesilo. It came from openprovider and dynadot too!

yup, when the registry (verisign) is increasing the base price, everyone will will increase it! sooner or later.

• edited August 2021

Porkbun's price hike is official now..

We're raising our price on .com domains on September 1, 2021 from $8.58 to $9.13. This is due to a wholesale cost increase by the .com registry. You can still register, renew, or transfer .com domains at $8.58 until September 1.

Regardless who your registrar is, friendly reminder, y'all got two more days to renew at current prices! ^^"

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research