Inception Hosting - Launching FRANKFURT & PHOENIX NVMe KVM Servers on Clouvider's Network 33% off

13»

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Amitz said:

@webcraft said:
    You can install Debian 11 from ISO.

Yes, you are of course right and I know about the possibility. And I would probably prefer that if I'd plan to use the very instance for a longer time. But I often spin up a fresh install and it is much faster via a ready-made image than going through the ISO installation process.

Debian 11 template creation is in progress.

Thanked by (3)Amitz TheDP xowxenxirix

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Great, thank you Anthony!

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

@Amitz said:
    Great, thank you Anthony!

The template is live.

• @InceptionHosting said:

@Amitz said:

The template is live.

It's great. I have been a fan of Debian from version 3.0; but when they moved to systemd, I used to be familiar with FreeBSD and Alpine Linux. Now I use all of three. Fortunately, InceptionHosting support all three :)

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • @bsh said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Amitz said:

The template is live.

It's great. I have been a fan of Debian from version 3.0; but when they moved to systemd, I used to be familiar with FreeBSD and Alpine Linux. Now I use all of three. Fortunately, InceptionHosting support all three :)

I'm using a similar setup: Debian for most VPS since it causes less trouble with the hypervisor (like on Xen or certain SolusVM functionalities) and FreeBSD for dedis because it feels like there's less overhead and an overall better/faster and more stable performance.

• bshbsh
    edited September 2021

@webcraft said:

@bsh said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Amitz said:

The template is live.

I'm using a similar setup: Debian for most VPS since it causes less trouble with the hypervisor (like on Xen or certain SolusVM functionalities) and FreeBSD for dedis because it feels like there's less overhead and an overall better/faster and more stable performance.

Let you try Alpine (iso of linux-lts available on SolusVM of @InceptionHosting ). After a fresh installation of about one or two minutes, you would change linux-lts kernel to linux-virt kernel (# apk add linux-virt && apk del linux-lts) (or demand to mount a new iso of 44MB virtual version to install), then see all system size of less 100MB storage (sys mode) with used memory of 30MB RAM.
    Alpine Linux is really low-end-spirit, therefore.

Thanked by (2)webcraft atomi
  • @bsh said:

i am a fan of alpine especially for Virtual kernel, however if you plan to use ISCSI or other tools that require kernel models then minimal debain is fine.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • I'm curious why other options gone? @InceptionHosting

There were windows 2019, 2016 etc..

I'm not experienced with command lines or anything to install windows thru netboot, I would be glad to have windows installation media back, or at least mount iso..

@Satnamigyz said:
    I'm curious why other options gone? @InceptionHosting

There were windows 2019, 2016 etc..

I'm not experienced with command lines or anything to install windows thru netboot, I would be glad to have windows installation media back, or at least mount iso..

Resolved in a ticket, we had a clean up as there was a TON of used once or never used and out of date ISO images, people are always welcome to request a different one.

This offer is officially over now, thanks to everyone, some great sales numbers.

• heya, network in FRA seems troubled... is it just me? VNC works fine, nothing mentioned in network status.

yeah of course I opened a ticket, just wanted to check in, if this related to the network/subnet or only mine ;-)

• all back to working now, support could find the issue quickly and resolve the problem. awesome, reliable, even on sunday night - thanks Dom!

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • edited October 2021

The IPv6 config in Frankfurt is still messy, isn't it?

• @webcraft said:

works for my small box right now, but to be fair I don't monitor that part close enough...

@webcraft said:

100% resolved. if you still have issues on IPv6 please hit the reconfigure networking button in the VPS control panel or alternatively grab the new GW from the config in the subnet info within the panel.

Thanked by (1)webcraft