Tell us about the deal you managed to bag from cociu AKA hostsolutions.ro

They may be posted in the following format for ease

1 core
512 mb ram
1 tb Hdd
5 tb traffic/mo
1 ipv4
1gbps port speed

Price 50 eur/3 years
Thanked by (1)uptime
Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • @Rahul said:
    They may be posted in the following format for ease

    1 core
    512 mb ram
    1 tb Hdd
    5 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    1gbps port speed
    
    Price 50 eur/3 years
    

    I got 2 when offered during Halloween. It works very well for backup. Downloading to SG with multiple threads can hit 15-20 megabytes per second.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • RahulRahul OG
    edited December 2019

    Please clarify.

    @poisson said: I got 2

    of

    @Rahul said:
    1 core
    512 mb ram
    1 tb Hdd
    5 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    1gbps port speed

    with same

    @Rahul said: Price 50 eur/3 years

    Am I Right?

  • @Rahul yes.. i got 2 different VPS. The first time these specs were offered was during Halloween. It was offered again on BF/CM and now again.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • I got the ssd vps 70% off offer

    CPU 2vCore
    RAM 3GB ECC
    50 GB Pure SSD
    1 IP Dedicat
    Full Root Access
    Multiple 32/64 bit OS
    10 TB Traffic/Month
    Port 1 Gbps

    Price: ~34 euro/year

    Hoping to use for plex streaming. Anyone know if this would be enough spec for a 2 parallel streams ?

  • @ktoan said:
    I got the ssd vps 70% off offer

    CPU 2vCore
    RAM 3GB ECC
    50 GB Pure SSD
    1 IP Dedicat
    Full Root Access
    Multiple 32/64 bit OS
    10 TB Traffic/Month
    Port 1 Gbps

    Price: ~34 euro/year

    Hoping to use for plex streaming. Anyone know if this would be enough spec for a 2 parallel streams ?

    More than enough if direct play. Transcoding will be an issue

    Thanked by (2)ktoan dahartigan

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • @poisson said:

    @Rahul said:
    They may be posted in the following format for ease

    1 core
    512 mb ram
    1 tb Hdd
    5 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    1gbps port speed
    
    Price 50 eur/3 years
    

    I got 2 when offered during Halloween. It works very well for backup. Downloading to SG with multiple threads can hit 15-20 megabytes per second.

    Bench please?

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • edited December 2019

    @cybertech said:

    @poisson said:

    @Rahul said:
    They may be posted in the following format for ease

    1 core
    512 mb ram
    1 tb Hdd
    5 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    1gbps port speed
    
    Price 50 eur/3 years
    

    I got 2 when offered during Halloween. It works very well for backup. Downloading to SG with multiple threads can hit 15-20 megabytes per second.

    Bench please?

    Hello Friend,

    Please find a stool below for you to rest on while you wait for the Bench to be completed.

    We didn't want you to have to sit on the cold floor in the meantime:


    image

    Have a good day!

    Cheers!

    Thanked by (3)cybertech uptime kiska

    Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    20+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development

  • 3 years?

    Bit long given how fast tech advance, no?

  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @havoc said:
    3 years?

    Bit long given how fast tech advance, no?

    A good deal, is a good deal

  • @TheLinuxBug said:

    @cybertech said:

    @poisson said:

    @Rahul said:
    They may be posted in the following format for ease

    1 core
    512 mb ram
    1 tb Hdd
    5 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    1gbps port speed
    
    Price 50 eur/3 years
    

    I got 2 when offered during Halloween. It works very well for backup. Downloading to SG with multiple threads can hit 15-20 megabytes per second.

    Bench please?

    Hello Friend,

    Please find a stool below for you to rest on while you wait for the Bench to be completed.

    We didn't want you to have to sit on the cold floor in the meantime:


    image

    Have a good day!

    Cheers!

    Nice stool.

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • Is it sound better if it called "Buy one year, get two years free". :)

    You're not selfish, you're just ignorant. Show some respect for humanity.

  • @havoc said:
    3 years?

    Bit long given how fast tech advance, no?

    Do you mean IPv6 adoption ?

  • Package: 4tb-kvm-G
    First Payment Amount: $130.00USD
    Recurring Amount: $130.00USD
    Billing Cycle: Triennially
    Next Due Date: 28/11/2022

  • @localhost said:
    Package: 4tb-kvm-G
    First Payment Amount: $130.00USD
    Recurring Amount: $130.00USD
    Billing Cycle: Triennially
    Next Due Date: 28/11/2022

    Any bench?

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • havochavoc OG
    edited December 2019

    @Rahul said:

    Do you mean IPv6 adoption ?

    No I mean:

    Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles about every two years

    Didnt really mean it as commentary on this particular deal - I'm sure it's great & frankly didn't look at it too closely. The concept of a three year term (with specs pinned down now) just strikes me as weird in general.

    3x yearly contracts would get you substantially better performance. Like 50% additional and cumulative gain yearly (well probably less cause Moore is failing us but still) . Might still be a good deal if discount is deep enough idk

  • @localhost said:
    Package: 4tb-kvm-G
    First Payment Amount: $130.00USD
    Recurring Amount: $130.00USD
    Billing Cycle: Triennially
    Next Due Date: 28/11/2022

    Shit, dude that's a good score!

    Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @cybertech said:

    @localhost said:
    Package: 4tb-kvm-G
    First Payment Amount: $130.00USD
    Recurring Amount: $130.00USD
    Billing Cycle: Triennially
    Next Due Date: 28/11/2022

    Any bench?

    `

    [[email protected] ~]# wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

    CPU model : Common KVM processor
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 1795.672 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 4097.0 GB (2.1 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 3789 MB (149 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 819 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 1 min
    Load average : 1.27, 0.47, 0.17
    OS : CentOS 7.7.1908
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

    Kernel : 3.10.0-1062.9.1.el7.x86_64

    I/O speed(1st run) : 318 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 373 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 339 MB/s

    Average I/O speed : 343.3 MB/s

    Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 42.8MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP 139.162.65.37 7.77MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 6.58MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 18.3MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 18.5MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 7.07MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 8.65MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 6.20MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 30.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 8.34MB/s

    Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 5.58MB/s

    `
    Another YABS

    `
    [[email protected] ~]# ./yabs.sh

    ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

    Yet-Another-Bench-Script

    v2019-10-08

    https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

    ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

    Wed Jan 1 02:01:40 EET 2020

    Basic System Information:

    Processor : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores : 2 @ 1795.672 MHz
    AES-NI : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 3.7G
    Swap : 819M
    Disk : 4.0T

    Disk Speed Tests:

       | Test 1      | Test 2      | Test 3      | Avg
       |             |             |             |
    

    Write | 89.20 MB/s | 74.50 MB/s | 137.00 MB/s | 100.23 MB/s
    Read | 571.08 MB/s | 562.30 MB/s | 576.99 MB/s | 570.13 MB/s

    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Bouygues Telecom | Paris, FR (10G) | 130 Mbits/sec | 508 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 166 Mbits/sec | 437 Mbits/sec
    Severius | The Netherlands (10G) | 193 Mbits/sec | 481 Mbits/sec
    Worldstream | The Netherlands (10G) | 209 Mbits/sec | 431 Mbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel | Hamburg, DE (10G) | 210 Mbits/sec | 468 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Bogor, Indonesia (1G) | 82.5 Mbits/sec | 86.4 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey | Moscow, RU (1G) | 198 Mbits/sec | 468 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 108 Mbits/sec | 416 Mbits/sec
    Airstream Communications | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G) | 105 Mbits/sec | 207 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric | Fremont, CA, US (10G) | 86.9 Mbits/sec | busy

    Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:

    Test | Value |
    Single Core | 1262
    Multi Core | 1139

    `

    Thanked by (2)cybertech uptime
  • Does @cociu support raid backup for the configuration?

  • @havoc said:
    3 years?

    Bit long given how fast tech advance, no?

    My e3 1245v2 is chugging along nice and dandy, and that's 2012.

  • WSSWSS Retired

    Never did; never will.

    My pronouns are asshole/asshole/asshole. I will give you the same courtesy.

  • havochavoc OG
    edited January 2

    @king8654 said:
    My e3 1245v2 is chugging along nice and dandy, and that's 2012.

    You miss my point. A 2019 BF deal will get you way better specs than a 2012 BF deal. The 2012 will still work but it's no longer optimal

    That said there is some inertia. I expect to support my two provider for a while cause I can't be arsed to risk something new. Will still be hopping between deals within that confine though. Ie same provider

  • @WSS said:
    Never did; never will.

    Fsck you and your high standards, you spoiled brotli

  • BUMP

    @cociu posted on December 2019

    we will work something in the first month of next year in storage with ipv6 only.

    Yes, you read it right! The sisters can handle IPv6 now.

  • @Rahul said:
    BUMP

    @cociu posted on December 2019

    we will work something in the first month of next year in storage with ipv6 only.

    Yes, you read it right! The sisters can handle IPv6 now.

    Hostsolutions > Coloncrossing

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • BUMP2

    Hostsolutions.ro Promo is back - Free 50% Credit on Topups until 15-01-2020

  • Did anyone managed to get the below past deal ?

    KVM-1core-1gb ram-100 gb hdd -5 tb traffic/mo -15 eur/year

    Thanked by (1)uptime
  • Yes, I got one, but it's having the same network hiccups than my OZ6 1TB since I got it. I though it would be more stable.

    @MikePT are you guys still tuning the network?

  • @TheLinuxBug said: [...]> @Rahul said:
    Did anyone managed to get the below past deal ?

    KVM-1core-1gb ram-100 gb hdd -5 tb traffic/mo -15 eur/year

    :+1:

    I've got one, but have been idling it so far ... while kicking the tires mainly on a 512 MB ram / 512 GB disk / €8 quarterly deal (which has been working fine).

    Also ... a 1 GB ram / 1 TB monthly from 50% off Christmastime sale (€3.25/m) - this one is my "scratch monkey" for any ill-advised experimenting (still on my todo list) ...

    The "free for lifetime" 1 TB is now the crown jewels in the collection, recently provisioned, still idling.

    And still have a few months left on an annual OpenVZ (1 GB ram / 10 GB disk for €9.99/y)

  • @beagle said: my OZ6 1TB

    Tell me MOAR about this one.

    @uptime said: 512 MB ram / 512 GB disk / €8 quarterly deal

    Is this still on sale ?

Sign In or Register to comment.