Tell us about the deal you managed to bag from cociu AKA hostsolutions.ro

Comments

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited January 2020

@Rahul said:

@uptime said: 512 MB ram / 512 GB disk / €8 quarterly deal

Is this still on sale ?

Maybe? Probably not at the moment, but possibly by special request? It's a fair price I think - not too crazy. :smiley:

I got it in October last year - I think I dug back to an earlier thread on LET (before the "Dracula of Storage" thread, lol) to find a 20% discount code for quarently payment - that might have been from the promotion when the KVM storage was first rolled out ...

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• @Rahul said:

@beagle said: my OZ6 1TB

Tell me MOAR about this one.

That was the last OZ6 offer HS did before stop selling OZ6 in June/19:

1TB HDD
    CPU 1vCore
    1 Dedicated IP
    1GB ECC RAM
    Full Root Access
    Multiple 32/64 bit OS
    10TB Traffic/Month
    1 Gbps Port
    Price after 49% discount €25.56/yr (recurrent twice)

According to cociu : "PS : For this customers who upload credit in the 2 offer what we have made this year (+50% credit promo) this vps will be the most cheapest storage vps plan in the world with this price/spec (at least for my knowledge)"

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • According to cociu : "PS : For this customers who upload credit in the 2 offer what we have made this year (+50% credit promo) this vps will be the most cheapest storage vps plan in the world with this price/spec (at least for my knowledge)"

negit, cociu breaks his own record.

Action and Reaction in history

• MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@beagle said:
    Yes, I got one, but it's having the same network hiccups than my OZ6 1TB since I got it. I though it would be more stable.

@MikePT are you guys still tuning the network?

Yep, its getting muchhhh better.

Thanked by (1)beagle
  • dfroedfroe Services Provider

I love my LowEndDedi from 2018 with 2x L5630 CPU and FastEthernet for only 14.50 USD/month.
    Once I sent a parcel with a PCIe SSD, 4x 1 TB HDD and some cheap used 80 Gig of RAM to Romania.
    Since then I love my LowEndDedi even more. :)
    I just wished the network would be as stable and reliable as it was back in 2018.
    During the last months I notice short outages and high packet loss multiple times nearly every day.
    However, cociu is definitely doing a great job and puts a lot of effort into his work, and that's why we love him. :)

Thanked by (1)poisson

it-df.net: IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

• @dfroe said: However, cociu is definitely doing a great job and puts a lot of effort into his work, and that's why we love him

Thanks,

yes we do a lot of effort , this year 2020 i am focused more improve performance than sell more orders.

• @dfroe said: During the last months I notice short outages and high packet loss multiple times nearly every day.

However, cociu is definitely doing a great job and puts a lot of effort into his work, and that's why we love him.

Indeed I'm having the same issues on both OVZ6 and KVM servers.

Hopefully we can see shortly all the effort cociu has been putting in improving the service.

@cociu do you have any plans to migrate the OVZ6 containers?

• @beagle said: @cociu do you have any plans to migrate the OVZ6 containers?

for the moment no , but yes in the future is planned. Right now in the last 2 weeks we have work in provide a better quality in our network and also we have improove 30x in the tiketing averange response . Having @MikePT arrownd is help us alot because now we have time to do changes .

Thanked by (3)beagle skorous MikePT

@cociu said:

@beagle said: @cociu do you have any plans to migrate the OVZ6 containers?

for the moment no , but yes in the future is planned. Right now in the last 2 weeks we have work in provide a better quality in our network and also we have improove 30x in the tiketing averange response . Having @MikePT arrownd is help us alot because now we have time to do changes .

Glad to be part of your family! ?

• @beagle said: Yes, I got one, but it's having the same network hiccups than my OZ6 1TB since I got it. I though it would be more stable.

@MikePT are you guys still tuning the network?

please make a test now and let me know the result. I am sure you will came with a sister. Also all our network was change in new equipaments and have redundancy in all . Thanks all for patience. No more downtimes.

• Thank you for the update @cociu. I haven't had any outages today, so it is an improvement from the last few weeks.

I'm sure it was for a good cause as we can see you are working hard to improve the services. May I suggest you to put an announcement on the billing portal the next time you do improvements so customers may be made aware their services may be affected?

Prioritising improving your current infra and customer service over offers is the right way to go. You should communicate all these improvements you have made to raise awareness with your customers. Again a announcement on the billing portal would be welcome.

Keep up the good work.

• @beagle said:
    Thank you for the update @cociu. I haven't had any outages today, so it is an improvement from the last few weeks.

I'm sure it was for a good cause as we can see you are working hard to improve the services. May I suggest you to put an announcement on the billing portal the next time you do improvements so customers may be made aware their services may be affected?

Prioritising improving your current infra and customer service over offers is the right way to go. You should communicate all these improvements you have made to raise awareness with your customers. Again a announcement on the billing portal would be welcome.

Keep up the good work.

true , i will do this post start from now . Any way is came a new month so time to change this communication too. So promised the customers will be info of any movement here. Now we will be focused in our webpage (in the last 2 years we have not do any improvements) to be more attractive and post the nvme line too. Also we will have LIR SERVICES for who will need ip`s , ASN etc.

Thanked by (3)poisson uptime beagle
  • @cociu said:

@beagle said:
    Thank you for the update @cociu. I haven't had any outages today, so it is an improvement from the last few weeks.

Keep up the good work.

true , i will do this post start from now . Any way is came a new month so time to change this communication too. So promised the customers will be info of any movement here. Now we will be focused in our webpage (in the last 2 years we have not do any improvements) to be more attractive and post the nvme line too. Also we will have LIR SERVICES for who will need ip`s , ASN etc.

And hire someone to reply sales chat on website :anguished: , i sent some emails and none got replied in weeks.
    (also pls check LET inbox)

• dfroedfroe Services Provider

From my point of view the network connectivity has definitely improved and no significant packet loss since 28th January. Good work!

Unfortunatelly the outbound routing is still single homed. All outbound traffic is currently constantly routed via GTS (AS5588) uplink even for destinations in Liberty Global Network (AS6830) although there is a direct Liberty Global connection available in the datacenter. The other way inbound traffic is routed via Liberty Global, it is just not used for outbound traffic where it would definitely make sense.

Start: 2020-01-29T11:36:47+0100
    HOST: XXX                                                      Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1. AS???    10.22.1.1                                         0.0%     4    1.2   1.3   1.1   1.7   0.3
      2. AS5588   212.146.102.237                                   0.0%     4    7.9   8.1   7.8   9.0   0.6
      3. AS5588   85.9.52.49                                        0.0%     4   37.5  37.6  37.5  37.7   0.1
      4. AS5588   193.85.195.49                                     0.0%     4   38.5  38.9  37.3  40.6   1.4
      5. AS5588   ae-2.fra2027-ex1.gtsce.net                        0.0%     4   37.1  37.1  37.0  37.1   0.0
      6. AS3356   195.122.181.221                                   0.0%     4   37.0  37.2  36.9  38.1   0.6
      7. AS3356   ae-2-3203.ear3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net             75.0%     4   37.4  37.4  37.4  37.4   0.0
      8. AS3356   LibertyGlobal-level3-400G.Frankfurt1.Level3.net   0.0%     4   35.5  35.7  31.6  39.3   3.2
      9. AS6830   de-fra04d-rc1-ae-9-0.aorta.net                    0.0%     4   35.2  35.3  35.2  35.5   0.1
     10. AS6830   de-krp01a-rd01-ae-1-0.aorta.net                   0.0%     4   35.1  35.1  35.0  35.1   0.0
     11. AS6830   13noc-mx80-01-ae0.krp.unity-media.net             0.0%     4   35.0  40.1  35.0  48.2   6.3
     12. AS6830   mx.unitymedia.de                                  0.0%     4   35.3  35.1  35.1  35.3   0.1

Can you optimize this in the future, most likely by starting to import routes equally from GTS and LibertyGlobal so the "best" outbound route can be selected?

Thanked by (2)uptime donko

it-df.net: IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

• @dfroe said: Can you optimize this in the future, most likely by starting to import routes equally from GTS and LibertyGlobal so the "best" outbound route can be selected?

for the moment (for the next weeks) we will stay like is. I am pending to make 2 new peerings and after this we will let bgp to choose the routes. In this case we can avoid any second downtime wich is want to avoid. Was a nightmare until we have change the entirely network , many interruptions and huge work. Also we are implement ipv6 and i hope to be provided star from next week.

• @cociu said: Also we are implement ipv6

Will there be NAT ipv4 with ipv6 ( To keep the price lower than with dedicated ipv4 only) ?

• i had grabbed many vps . recent days they seems improved lot and working good
    the low cost one is

1 core
    512 mb ram
    10gb hdd
    €7.00EUR
    Annually

• No known DMCA issues is good .

• @Rahul said:

@cociu said: Also we are implement ipv6

Will there be NAT ipv4 with ipv6 ( To keep the price lower than with dedicated ipv4 only) ?

This. A VPS with a good chunk of storage and a NAT'd IPv4 as a yearly deal would be KILLER given the location and prem goodness that HS offers. I'd even be happy with it if the network speed was throttled down to 100Mbit for that.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@CamoYoshi said:

@Rahul said:

This. A VPS with a good chunk of storage and a NAT'd IPv4 as a yearly deal would be KILLER given the location and prem goodness that HS offers. I'd even be happy with it if the network speed was throttled down to 100Mbit for that.

It's rarely worth the administrators time to deal with abuse on a shared IP to save the client a dollar.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @WSS said:

@CamoYoshi said:

@Rahul said:

It's rarely worth the administrators time to deal with abuse on a shared IP to save the client a dollar.

Yeah, that's fair, I didn't consider bad actors, haha.

• @CamoYoshi said:

@WSS said:

@CamoYoshi said:

@Rahul said:

Golden Raspberry Awards

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Raspberry_Award_for_Worst_Actor

Thanked by (3)CamoYoshi uptime WSS

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:

@CamoYoshi said:

@WSS said:

@CamoYoshi said:

@Rahul said:

Golden Raspberry Awards

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Raspberry_Award_for_Worst_Actor

:lol:

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited February 2020

just got a 1 GB ram / 30 GB NVMe - €25 yearly

there is also a 512 MB ram / 10 GB NVMe deal for €15 per year - looking at a bench of that one seems okay, decent for the price, not particularly extravagant with cpu (generic QEMU clocked at 1.8 GHz) ...

will wait a week or two for the dust to settle then plan to check whether AES flag can be enabled (etc) and get a better sense of performance - expecting it should be fine for intended use in any case :)

Bunch of options with moar ram and disk here: https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?gid=60

Thanked by (2)beagle vyas

• I impulse bought the 1 vCore/1GB/30GB NVMe last night for $27 yearly... Unfortunately when I started up my VM I found that CentOS was installed instead of Debian as I had selected in checkout, so I set it to reinstall Debian 10 which it did. Hopefully over the next week or two I'll have some time to put it through the ringer, but so far seems pretty good especially for the price!

Thanked by (1)uptime

• @CamoYoshi - howdy neighbor :)

I noticed same experience with CentOS default install despite selecting Debian on the order page - just shrugged and left it with CentOS for now ... I am lately in the habit of taking some time to inspect the default network (etc) configuration in the host's preferred template and doing baseline benchmarks before re-installing so no big deal - but I will eventually put in a low-priority "fyi" ticket in case @cociu and @MikePT are not already aware of that little wrinkle.

perhaps this is your first experience with hostsolutions? If so, welcome to the rollercoaster - from where I'm sitting it seems to have been on a distinctly upward trajectory in recent months, which is great to see. I keep my expectations aligned with the "much work in progress" status and so far have been pleasantly surprised. A longer view (mostly the pre-KVM history) has definitely seen a few times when the wheels came off and stuff went sideways for a while - but it's always been a "I bought the ticket may as well take the ride" proposition for my entertainment purposes only use case so really not that hard to wait it out and see what happens.

blah blah blah - tl;dr: best to manage expectations, and enjoy "good enough as is" performance with some possibility for improvement.

cpu on the new "NVMe line" is pretty modest - generic QEMU at 1.8 GHz (and no AES - I am hoping to find out soon about possibility to enable that).

disk write speed has so far been consistently above 200 MB/s, occasionally a bit over 300 MB/s. Maybe it will improve with some tuning, maybe not - hopefully will at least stay at the current level as the node fills up.

Thanked by (2)CamoYoshi MikePT

• @uptime said:
    @CamoYoshi - howdy neighbor :)

I noticed same experience with CentOS default install despite selecting Debian on the order page - just shrugged and left it with CentOS for now ... I am lately in the habit of taking some time to inspect the default network (etc) configuration in the host's preferred template and doing baseline benchmarks before re-installing so no big deal - but I will eventually put in a low-priority "fyi" ticket in case @cociu and @MikePT are not already aware of that little wrinkle.

perhaps this is your first experience with hostsolutions? If so, welcome to the rollercoaster - from where I'm sitting it seems to have been on a distinctly upward trajectory in recent months, which is great to see. I keep my expectations aligned with the "much work in progress" status and so far have been pleasantly surprised. A longer view (mostly the pre-KVM history) has definitely seen a few times when the wheels came off and stuff went sideways for a while - but it's always been a "I bought the ticket may as well take the ride" proposition for my entertainment purposes only use case so really not that hard to wait it out and see what happens.

blah blah blah - tl;dr: best to manage expectations, and enjoy "good enough as is" performance with some possibility for improvement.

cpu on the new "NVMe line" is pretty modest - generic QEMU at 1.8 GHz (and no AES - I am hoping to find out soon about possibility to enable that).

disk write speed has so far been consistently above 200 MB/s, occasionally a bit over 300 MB/s. Maybe it will improve with some tuning, maybe not - hopefully will at least stay at the current level as the node fills up.

Hello neighbor as well :)

It is my first VPS with HS; but I am familiar with the story and how they started out (been lurking without an account since around 2015). I like the sort of "we'll make our own hosting company, with blackjack and hookers" vibe that they give off. Glad to see they are taking 2020 to improve their operational side of things. I don't have huge expectations given the price and location but am confident that they will become the premier budget hosting provider in Romania if they keep this current track record.

Thanked by (2)uptime MikePT

@uptime said:
    just got a 1 GB ram / 30 GB NVMe - €25 yearly

there is also a 512 MB ram / 10 GB NVMe deal for €15 per year - looking at a bench of that one seems okay, decent for the price, not particularly extravagant with cpu (generic QEMU clocked at 1.8 GHz) ...

will wait a week or two for the dust to settle then plan to check whether AES flag can be enabled (etc) and get a better sense of performance - expecting it should be fine for intended use in any case :)

Bunch of options with moar ram and disk here: https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?gid=60

Sure mate, open a ticket and I'll enable host pass-through to your VM!

Thanked by (1)uptime

Also aware of the bug installing the default OS. I will have a look at this tomorrow with @cociu ?

Thanked by (2)CamoYoshi uptime
  • It's been some time,

@Rahul said: KVM-1core-1gb ram-100 gb hdd -5 tb traffic/mo -15 eur/year

@beagle said: Yes, I got one

@uptime said: I've got one

Benched them as of lately ?