Hetzner Online news bytes

Comments

• @yokowasis said: They removed the setup fee on AX 161, and reduced the price for 20 EUR.

too bad, they didn't do it on AX41 :(

• teamaccteamacc OG
    edited November 2020

@Hetzner_OL I couldn't find (or be arsed to find) a way to request this feature for the cloud dashboard: Is there a way to auto-delete a server on snapshot completion? If not, could it be added as a checkbox to the "take snapshot" page?

Edit: on a slightly-related note: When taking a snapshot of a small vps and restoring it to a bigger vps, the disk gets auto-expanded to the new vps size. Taking subsequent snapshots will not restore to a small vps again. Any way to not-expand the snapshot upon server creation?

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

@teamacc No, there is no such thing. But I passed on your feature request to my colleagues at Hetzner Cloud and they wrote it down on our wish list.

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

This year we have come up with something very special for our employees - an advent calendar in the shape of a Hetzner Online Datacenter.
    Filled with 24 treats it sweetens up every day until Christmas Eve.

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    This year we have come up with something very special for our employees - an advent calendar in the shape of a Hetzner Online Datacenter.

I like when big organizations do such small and simple things from their employees. Giving bonuses is alright but these things are something else. It must be great to work are Hetzner.

• edited December 2020

@Hetzner_OL said:

That's awesome. Small things like this can go a long way for employees. Thanks for sharing!

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Missed opportunity not having a picture of the horse head guy sitting in front of a computer under "Welcome to the internet"

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Hetzner Online wishes you all a successful new year.

We just added a new video to our YouTube channel that shows you a bit of our Helsinki Data Center Park and the awesome people who work there! --Katie

Thanked by (2)willie Not_Oles

• AsimAsim OGServices Provider

One of the best providers I have servers and cloud instances with. Very stable. Thank you @Hetzner_OL

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Wow! @Hetzner_OL Great to see, from my viewpoint as an American visiting in Mexico, the international aspects of the Helsinki datacenter personnel! ????????

Also, I'm not certain, but I think I might have spotted my very own, gorgeous, super fast AX51-NVME server ? at around 1:07 in that way cool video! ?

Coincidentally, I heard from the bank just this morning that they successfully finished processing yet another payment to Hetzner! ? Yaaay! ?

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Break through to new dimensions with the Dedicated Root Server AX101.
    Advance your performance with AMD's Ryzen™ 9 5950X

From virtualization to content creation — nothing stands between you and the horizon with our new Dedicated Root Server AX101. This model, equipped with AMD's Ryzen™ 9 5950X, doesn't fit in a conventional CPU class.
    Officially, the 16 core, 32 thread CPU with Zen 3 architecture is a desktop processor. But its stellar performance on practically every metric, on both multi- and single-threaded performance, takes it to the next dimension.

You can put the AX101's hardware to work. It comes with 128 GB of DDR4 ECC RAM and two 3.84 TB datacenter NVMe SSDs, so you'll have plenty of memory and storage to handle a wide-range of use cases. Got growing resource requirements?
    It's quick and easy to add more drives for a small fee. You'll power through your challenging workloads more quickly and efficiently with the AX101, a workhorse you can rely on.

Get mind-blowing performance for the down-to-earth price of € 99 a month and a one-time setup fee of € 99 (without VAT).

Order now https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax101/configurator

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Break through to new dimensions with the Dedicated Root Server AX101.
    Advance your performance with AMD's Ryzen™ 9 5950X

From virtualization to content creation — nothing stands between you and the horizon with our new Dedicated Root Server AX101. This model, equipped with AMD's Ryzen™ 9 5950X, doesn't fit in a conventional CPU class.
    Officially, the 16 core, 32 thread CPU with Zen 3 architecture is a desktop processor. But its stellar performance on practically every metric, on both multi- and single-threaded performance, takes it to the next dimension.

You can put the AX101's hardware to work. It comes with 128 GB of DDR4 ECC RAM and two 3.84 TB datacenter NVMe SSDs, so you'll have plenty of memory and storage to handle a wide-range of use cases. Got growing resource requirements?
    It's quick and easy to add more drives for a small fee. You'll power through your challenging workloads more quickly and efficiently with the AX101, a workhorse you can rely on.

Get mind-blowing performance for the down-to-earth price of € 99 a month and a one-time setup fee of € 99 (without VAT).

Order now https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax101/configurator

i guess @Not_Oles gonna one of these shortly!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Wow, the AX101 is just NUTS. It's a real value leader. If someone here gets one, can they post the make/model of the SSD's? The one thing worrying me is that they might be the low-write-endurance QLC drives I've seen mentioned that are intended for read-heavy applications. I'd almost rather have HDD's in that case. I wonder why Hetzner used such huge SSD's. If it's to save power, they must expect a lot of people to be idling those cpus... ;)

Thanked by (1)vimalware

Let's Encrypt™ support for load balancers is here! More convience, less wasted time — this is what you get with Let's Encrypt™ certificates, and you can automate their creation and management. You can configure it directly in the Cloud Console and secure your data this way. Manual administration and expired SSL-certificates are no longer an issue when using our load balancers. The certificates renew and reactivate themselves continuously after you assign them to a resource.

Hetzner Cloud servers powered by the AMD EPYC™ 7003 Series processor

We are now offering six new models of dedicated vCPU cloud servers which are equipped with the newest AMD EPYC processor.
    AMD EPYC™ 7003 processors offer incredible performance and continue to raise the bar for the modern data center.

With these new models, Hetzner offers unrivaled performance in the cloud sector with dedicated vCPUs.
    Designed to be the world’s highest performance x86 processor, driving faster time to value, EPYC™ 7003 Series processors can help speed data analytics and get answers faster.

A wide range of models offers customers flexibility and scalability: The entry-level model with two dedicated vCPUs is the new CCX12 for only €19.90 per month (excl. VAT).
    For use cases with extremely high requirements, there is the CCX62 with a whopping 48 dedicated vCPUs.
    Between the two, there is a suitable model for every business requirement.

Check out the specs for Hetzner Cloud servers powered by the AMD EPYC™ 7003 Series processor here: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud/amd-epyc

Thanked by (2)beagle Falzo

• couldn't resist...

Intel (CCX31):

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Wed 31 Mar 2021 12:56:24 PM CEST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS)
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 2294.640 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 30.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 225.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 138.36 MB/s  (34.5k) | 1.23 GB/s    (19.3k)
    Write      | 138.72 MB/s  (34.6k) | 1.24 GB/s    (19.4k)
    Total      | 277.08 MB/s  (69.2k) | 2.48 GB/s    (38.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.30 GB/s     (2.5k) | 1.33 GB/s     (1.3k)
    Write      | 1.37 GB/s     (2.6k) | 1.42 GB/s     (1.3k)
    Total      | 2.67 GB/s     (5.2k) | 2.75 GB/s     (2.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 19.1 Mbits/sec  | 47.1 Mbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 5.41 Gbits/sec  | 7.39 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 11.6 Gbits/sec  | 6.92 Gbits/sec 
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | 45.5 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.73 Gbits/sec  | 2.03 Gbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.72 Gbits/sec  | 1.61 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 937 Mbits/sec   | 1.11 Gbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy           

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 4.90 Gbits/sec  | 6.66 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 7.78 Gbits/sec  | 6.29 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 9.61 Gbits/sec  | 6.13 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.87 Gbits/sec  | 1.83 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 809 Mbits/sec   | 1.06 Gbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 791                           
    Multi Core      | 3590                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/7208164

AMD (CCX32):

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Wed 31 Mar 2021 01:17:39 PM CEST

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : AMD EPYC Processor
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 2445.406 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 30.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 225.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 131.82 MB/s  (32.9k) | 1.24 GB/s    (19.4k)
    Write      | 132.16 MB/s  (33.0k) | 1.25 GB/s    (19.5k)
    Total      | 263.99 MB/s  (65.9k) | 2.49 GB/s    (39.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.46 GB/s     (2.8k) | 1.58 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Write      | 1.54 GB/s     (3.0k) | 1.69 GB/s     (1.6k)
    Total      | 3.01 GB/s     (5.8k) | 3.28 GB/s     (3.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 3.00 Gbits/sec  | 7.65 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 8.70 Gbits/sec  | 8.31 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 11.8 Gbits/sec  | 6.28 Gbits/sec 
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy           
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.39 Gbits/sec  | 2.04 Gbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.64 Gbits/sec  | 1.61 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.10 Gbits/sec  | 1.10 Gbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy           

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 5.25 Gbits/sec  | 7.68 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 7.83 Gbits/sec  | 8.32 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 12.1 Gbits/sec  | 6.06 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.21 Gbits/sec  | 1.85 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 975 Mbits/sec   | 1.07 Gbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 669                           
    Multi Core      | 3410                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/7208388

Thanked by (1)beagle
  • LeeLee OG
    edited March 2021

@Hetzner_OL said: We are now offering six new models of dedicated vCPU >cloud servers which are equipped with the newest AMD EPYC processor.
    AMD EPYC™ 7003 processors offer incredible performance and continue to raise the bar for the modern data center.

That is pretty nice. Good to see new things being added.

• Nice. I remember trying a CPX51 a while back (16 thread non-dedicated AMD) and finding that the cpu was heavily loaded so it was comparable to my old 4 core Intel i7 auction box. This new stuff is expensive but it's good that the speed and capacity are there for when they are needed. If I feel extravagant I might try a CCX62 for a few hours sometime.

I wonder why they didn't go even bigger. 2.445ghz suggests this is an Epyc 7763 which is a 64 core part, and going by the 192GB of ram in the VM, that suggests if it's a dual socket system, then there is 1TB or 2TB of ram in the box. Right now to get an instance like that, you have to go to one of the big providers like AWS, but it looks like Hetzner could also offer it. Wow!

• On of that April Fools' jokes, which would be nice to have in real! ;D

Thanked by (3)Falzo Mason nickelodeon
  • @Bochi said:
    On of that April Fools' jokes, which would be nice to have in real! ;D

best response in that twitter thread:

It's been awhile since we've posted here, so I'm glad that I have something really cool to mention: Hetzner Cloud has a new feature. It's called "Apps". Enjoy! --Katie

Just thought I would check in and give you some recent good news.

Debian 11 is on Robot for dedicated root servers.

It's also now on Hetzner Cloud, together with CentOS Stream 8 and Rocky Linux 8.

And just now, a new feature for Hetzner Cloud went live that's a great time saver — Gloabal Search. You can use it to filter for cloud resources across all of your projects and to navigate directly to what you're looking for.

--Katie

There was a film crew from Bayerischer Rundfunk (Bavarian Broadcasting) on site yesterday at our DC park in Nuremberg to do an interview (in German). The interview will be broadcast tomorrow on Bayern 1 (radio), br24.de and Frankenschau aktuell (TV ). Frankenschau always runs at 5:30 PM. We're not sure when it will be shown on the rest. But keep an eye out of it. --Katie

Thanked by (3)vish Not_Oles issei

• That's great news. You guys are doing an amazing job and deserve all the praise!

Thanked by (2)Hetzner_OL bikegremlin

@vish - Thanks for the compliment. It's always nice to see comments like that at the end of the day. :) --Katie

We've been sponsoring a YouTube presenter for a few months now, der8auer, and he recently filmed his visit to our DC park in Falkenstein. For any of you who have wanted an inside peek, this is a pretty good one. --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    We've been sponsoring a YouTube presenter for a few months now, der8auer, and he recently filmed his visit to our DC park in Falkenstein. For any of you who have wanted an inside peek, this is a pretty good one. --Katie

Nice video ! ;) In the heart of Hetzner and Sixt ;)

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

Dentistry is my passion

You've all been speculating for some time now about when and, more importantly, where Hetzner will open another location.
    Now we can finally tell you: the new Ashburn, Virginia location is available for all cloud servers with AMD processors and for all cloud features.
    The new location now also guarantees customers in North America significantly lower latency and the same attractive prices.
    More information about our cloud products: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud

--Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    You've all been speculating for some time now about when and, more importantly, where Hetzner will open another location.
    Now we can finally tell you: the new Ashburn, Virginia location is available for all cloud servers with AMD processors and for all cloud features.
    The new location now also guarantees customers in North America significantly lower latency and the same attractive prices.
    More information about our cloud products: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud

--Katie

Sounds Good! As well for me as a German ^^
    @CamoYoshi @Not_Oles @Mason it could be interessting for you.

Thanked by (3)Hetzner_OL Mason Not_Oles