[FlowVPS] Australian NVMe KVM VPS | 4GB RAM 30GB NVMe 1TB Bandwidth $30 AUD/Quarter (~$20.08 USD)

BrendanBrendan Hosting ProviderOG

4GB - Super Deal

4 vCPU
4GB RAM
30GB NVMe Storage
1TB Data
1 IPv4
$30 AUD/Quarter (~$20.08 USD)
Order Now!

Servers are located in Equinix ME1 (Melbourne, Australia).
Looking glass: http://lg.flowvps.com/

Payment methods: PayPal & Stripe (Apple Pay enabled)

Feel free to PM me or ask any questions in this thread.

Comments

• 2 more vCPU and 500Gb more bandwidth for an extra $3 AUD over the old 4GB - Large plan seems worthy

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Hi. Any nench?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Premium flow/10.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited February 2020

@cybertech said:
    Hi. Any nench?

Posted at the other site and has a link to the battery of tests.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3077742/#Comment_3077742

Thanked by (1)cybertech

Possible to request for AES?

• BrendanBrendan Hosting ProviderOG

@cybertech said:

Yep, can enable cpu passthrough, just requires a ticket :)

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited February 2020

@Brendan said:

@cybertech said:

Yep, can enable cpu passthrough, just requires a ticket :)

I think @dahartigan had mentioned this some time back too. Missed acting on it then. No more....thanks

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

@dahartigan any kind review sir?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Out of curiosity do you offer additional bandwidth pricing on any servers?

• BrendanBrendan Hosting ProviderOG

@SmallWeb said:

Generally worked out on a case by case basis in tickets to fit with the plan and where the traffic is going/what time of day.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee dahartigan
  • @cybertech said:

Absolutely. This is the best Australian deal you'll find. Proper network, proper hardware, proper support. Brendan is trewq on LET. Been in business for years, owns all his shit, runs his own network, friendly support, no BS.

Not the cheapest, but we're all aware by now you get what you pay for :-)

Thanked by (1)cybertech

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @SmallWeb said:

Definitely open a ticket about this :-)

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

edited February 2020

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

Absolutely. This is the best Australian deal you'll find. Proper network, proper hardware, proper support. Brendan is trewq on LET. Been in business for years, owns all his shit, runs his own network, friendly support, no BS.

Not the cheapest, but we're all aware by now you get what you pay for :-)

So sold! Gonna grab 1 as soon as I'm parked

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

Paid and immediately provisioned - that was not what I expected

Thanked by (2)Brendan poisson

• @cybertech said:

Welcome to paradise, sir :-)

How's the ping to your part of the world? I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd say it's going to be better than what your last VPS was, amirite? :-)

Thanked by (1)cybertech

edited February 2020

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

Welcome to paradise, sir :-)

How's the ping to your part of the world? I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd say it's going to be better than what your last VPS was, amirite? :-)

My best pings internationally were from Clouvider and First-Colo. UKservers seems marginally better but I'm still waiting on that reseller to restock 10G in Sydney :tongue:

And let's just say coming back to flowvps effectively halfed the latency.

Flowvps was actually one of the first few i went with, but at that time I did not know how to address steal time on those high clockers.

Time to hit closer to home; hope this will end my commitment of 13 other backup vpses!

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

• Recommendation: BUY NOW

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

Very happy :grimace:

• @cybertech said:

Just a noob question: Will AES enabled give you better performance?

• @sonic said:

@cybertech said:

Yes, if you run encryption.

Thanked by (1)cybertech

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:

@sonic said:

@cybertech said:

Just to add to that, if you're running a web server with SSL (https) it will be a bit faster. Same with SSH, etc. There's a small gain in performance because instead of the CPU "manually" calculating, it passes it to AES which is a part of the CPU dedicated to encryption maths. (Simplified for a general audience).

Thanked by (3)maddy cybertech poisson

• @dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@sonic said:

@cybertech said:

Just to add to that, if you're running a web server with SSL (https) it will be a bit faster. Same with SSH, etc. There's a small gain in performance because instead of the CPU "manually" calculating, it passes it to AES which is a part of the CPU dedicated to encryption maths. (Simplified for a general audience).

So I should not get from a provider who doesn't enable this?

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@sonic said:

@cybertech said:

Thanks for breaking it down mate. Now I finally get it!

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

• @maddy said:

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@sonic said:

@cybertech said:

That's definitely not what I'm saying :-)

Most providers will enable it when requested. There are some technical reasons why it's good to not pass particular flags through (ranging from portability to node performance to security).

I hope that clears things up :-)

• edited February 2020

Well, I was gonna go with OVH (Oz) direct but took this one instead, before they sold out. Instant setup - kewl.
    Don't need 4vCPU, 4GB RAM (half would do) and double the storage on SSD/HDD would suit better. This powerhouse is gonna idle a lot. ;)
    QuantumCore hangs in there as a backup.
    Thanks @Brendan

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Well, I was gonna go with OVH (Oz) direct but took this one instead, before they sold out. Instant setup - kewl.
    Don't need 4vCPU, 4GB RAM (half would do) and double the storage on SSD/HDD would suit better. This powerhouse is gonna idle a lot. ;)
    QuantumCore hangs in there as a backup.
    Thanks @Brendan

Excellent choice sir! I was quietly curious whether or not you found a new AU home, you can't go wrong on this one.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• edited February 2020

C'mon Brendan, you know you want to gimme a customised setup as above. Go on, go on, go on. ;-)
    In case anyone wonders, working in Ireland for months on end really screwed up my vocabulary - it was a wee lad from Limerick who pronounced cool, as kewl. It stuck, along with the bloody Guinness belly. :'(
    (Oh and same fella phoned me from Bondi Beach whilst he went on holiday and I was stuck in the pissin' rain! B'stard.)

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @dahartigan said:

@maddy said:

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@sonic said:

@cybertech said:

That's definitely not what I'm saying :-)

Most providers will enable it when requested. There are some technical reasons why it's good to not pass particular flags through (ranging from portability to node performance to security).

I hope that clears things up :-)

Thanks for clarifying! Learning things one step at a time. I will ask a future provider if this is enabled in future and if he will enable it. =)

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • edited February 2020

TIL if I route traffic through my VPS it effectively cures my ISP's shitty routing and peak time BS. Noooiiiice!!

Edit: anyone on NBN should try it, I can consistently max out my FTTN. Crazy.

Thanked by (1)Brendan