Post some YABS bench here

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited February 2021

Here's my amateur attempt to answer some of your questions --

@Not_Oles said: (1) why should the single core score be better with LXC than without?

Based on your numbers posted, the inverse of that is true, as expected. Your first run on the host has the best single core score overall. Unless you're referring to the raw CPU frequency, in which case see my next answer below.

@Not_Oles said: (2) As between 32 and 1 core tests, why does the GB single core performance decrease when the processor speed increases?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the CPU freq as that is just whatever speed the OS + CPU is reporting at the time that the stat is pulled (cat /proc/cpuinfo). The reported clock will always be somewhere between the min and max frequency (inclusive). The more cores it has, the more likely some of those cores are idling and awaiting work (therefore more chance of a lower frequency being reported). Those frequencies are likely hitting the max clock of the CPU (or burst clock, if available) when it's geekbench crunching time.

@Not_Oles said: (3) Does the GB single core score decrease with the "real core" count? 1 and 2 logical cores might run on one hardware core. 3 and 4 might run on a second "real core."

This I'm not so sure of. Ideally, the single core score should remain relatively the same no matter how many cores are allocated to the VM. For more concrete answers, I'd run more tests, as to me this looks to be within the margin of error to call all the single-core scores "somewhat equal".

@Not_Oles said: What's going on with the IPv4 Send Speed to Clouvider in NY?

I'll probably just be repeating what you already know here, but throughput of the network is bound to fluctuate depending on when exactly the tests are being run, how much traffic is going over the routes between your server and Clouvider's, how pegged Clouvider's speedtest server is at that moment in time, etc. Wouldn't surprise me if those cross-Atlantic links go from congested to free in just a few minute time window.

I find it interesting that the IPv6 speed tests to Clouvider's NYC location didn't suffer the same issues that the IPv4 test did that you noted above. Perhaps the different protocols are using separate routes between the two locations and the IPv4 route is defaulting to a more congested one (just a theory).

@Not_Oles said: Who decided on those swap allocations?

Likely is baked into the LXC template that you used. But, for now, I'll blame @Ympker, because why not?

Hope the above helps more than it hurts! :) Cheers!

Thanked by (3)Ympker Not_Oles saibal

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Mason said:
    Here's my amateur attempt to answer some of your questions --

@Not_Oles said: (1) why should the single core score be better with LXC than without?

Based on your numbers posted, the inverse of that is true, as expected. Your first run on the host has the best single core score overall. Unless you're referring to the raw CPU frequency, in which case see my next answer below.

@Not_Oles said: (2) As between 32 and 1 core tests, why does the GB single core performance decrease when the processor speed increases?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the CPU freq as that is just whatever speed the OS + CPU is reporting at the time that the stat is pulled (cat /proc/cpuinfo). The reported clock will always be somewhere between the min and max frequency (inclusive). The more cores it has, the more likely some of those cores are idling and awaiting work (therefore more chance of a lower frequency being reported). Those frequencies are likely hitting the max clock of the CPU (or burst clock, if available) when it's geekbench crunching time.

@Not_Oles said: (3) Does the GB single core score decrease with the "real core" count? 1 and 2 logical cores might run on one hardware core. 3 and 4 might run on a second "real core."

This I'm not so sure of. Ideally, the single core score should remain relatively the same no matter how many cores are allocated to the VM. For more concrete answers, I'd run more tests, as to me this looks to be within the margin of error to call all the single-core scores "somewhat equal".

@Not_Oles said: What's going on with the IPv4 Send Speed to Clouvider in NY?

I'll probably just be repeating what you already know here, but throughput of the network is bound to fluctuate depending on when exactly the tests are being run, how much traffic is going over the routes between your server and Clouvider's, how pegged Clouvider's speedtest server is at that moment in time, etc. Wouldn't surprise me if those cross-Atlantic links go from congested to free in just a few minute time window.

I find it interesting that the IPv6 speed tests to Clouvider's NYC location didn't suffer the same issues that the IPv4 test did that you noted above. Perhaps the different protocols are using separate routes between the two locations and the IPv4 route is defaulting to a more congested one (just a theory).

@Not_Oles said: Who decided on those swap allocations?

Likely is baked into the LXC template that you used. But, for now, I'll blame @Ympker, because why not?

Hope the above helps more than it hurts! :) Cheers!

It's good to hear from you, too, mate! Hope you and your loved ones are doing well in these times :) Take care!

As for the swap allocation: Ofc it was my doing. I like messing with ppl's swap :D

Thanked by (2)Mason Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Mason said: Unless you're referring to the raw CPU frequency, in which case see my next answer below.

You are right! I did intend to ask about the CPU frequency. I failed to write the question clearly! ?

the CPU freq as that is just whatever speed the OS + CPU is reporting at the time that the stat is pulled (cat /proc/cpuinfo). The reported clock will always be somewhere between the min and max frequency (inclusive).

Those clueless like me might imagine that yabs could be used to compare two different processors as well as to compare one processor in two different sets of circumstances. When comparing two different processors, knowing the maximum frequency might be useful. Clueless me imagined that the frequency yabs reported would be the maximum.

I want to learn about how the frequency report varies, both in general, and specifically how the 5950X speed report apparently increases from 2185 MHz to 2700 MHz just because of moving from bare metal to "inside" a "bare metal LXC container." I mean, since "the container has no walls," how would merely changing the cgroups and the namespaces increase the processor frequency significantly? There must be more to the story! :)

within the margin of error to call all the single-core scores "somewhat equal".

Got it!

speed tests to Clouvider's NYC location

I've seen this multiple times. I should do an mtr.

swap reported by yabs as 5.0 GiB

That's right about @Ympker being involved! Whenever anything truly great turns up, we can find him there!

The container used for the tests is still around, so I looked at the Proxmox web GUI to see how much space had been assigned for swap. Here's what I saw:

@Mason You are the best! Thanks for paying such careful attention to my questions! Also, thanks yet again for all your help previously -- both to me personally and to the LES community! ?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said: The container used for the tests is still around, so I looked at the Proxmox web GUI to see how much space had been assigned for swap. Here's what I saw:

I've not done much with LXC but the swap in proxmox could be presented as a swap partition - that could still be added to via a swapfile on the disk itself which could top up the swap to 5gb.
    For example on my desktop I have:

$ sudo swapon
    NAME      TYPE      SIZE   USED PRIO
    /dev/sda3 partition 1.9G 696.5M   -2
    /swapfile file        8G     0B   -3

You could disable CPU frequency scaling at a BIOS level which would keep the processor at max frequency, although not max boost frequency so you'd still possible see different results. I guess for fairness you could try and take CPU speed while running the geekbench test, but that would need a second yabs process I imagine.

edited February 2021

@Mr_Tom

Same container:

root@test-container:~# swapon
    NAME TYPE    SIZE USED PRIO
    none virtual   5G   0B    0
    root@test-container:~# mount | grep swap
    lxcfs on /proc/swaps type fuse.lxcfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)
    root@test-container:~# 

On the same node:

root@Proxmox-VE ~ # swapon
    NAME     TYPE      SIZE USED PRIO
    /dev/md0 partition  16G   0B   -2
    root@Proxmox-VE ~ # mount | grep swap
    root@Proxmox-VE ~  # mount | grep md0
    root@Proxmox-VE ~ # 

Different container on a different node:

root@metalvps:~# swapon
    NAME TYPE    SIZE USED PRIO
    none virtual   6G  24K    0
    root@metalvps:~# mount | grep swap
    lxcfs on /proc/swaps type fuse.lxcfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)
    root@metalvps:~# 

root@metalvps:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -9
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat Feb 13 00:17:23 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2228.414 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 4.0 GiB
    Swap       : 6.0 GiB
    Disk       : 49.0 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 774.83 MB/s (193.7k) | 1.10 GB/s    (17.3k)
    Write      | 776.88 MB/s (194.2k) | 1.11 GB/s    (17.4k)
    Total      | 1.55 GB/s   (387.9k) | 2.22 GB/s    (34.7k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 2.33 GB/s     (4.5k) | 2.35 GB/s     (2.3k)
    Write      | 2.45 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.51 GB/s     (2.4k)
    Total      | 4.78 GB/s     (9.3k) | 4.87 GB/s     (4.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 942 Mbits/sec   | 918 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 936 Mbits/sec   | 900 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 922 Mbits/sec   | 930 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 685 Mbits/sec   | 181 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 879 Mbits/sec   | 473 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 851 Mbits/sec   | 469 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 803 Mbits/sec   | 363 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy           

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 920 Mbits/sec   | 903 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 927 Mbits/sec   | 850 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 913 Mbits/sec   | 915 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 879 Mbits/sec   | 538 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 818 Mbits/sec   | 353 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 5546                          
    Multi Core      | 12949                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16040291

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1208                          
    Multi Core      | 3165                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6472459

root@metalvps:~# 

@Mason @Mr_Tom Based on the above, it looks like yabs is reporting the same number that swapon reports for the size of the swap. The number reported by yabs and swapon apparently can seem different from the size configured in Proxmox's GUI LXC container creation dialog.

I didn't notice this before! ?

• @Not_Oles said: I didn't notice this before!

Ok... that I can't answer :/ lol

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited February 2021

Racknerd 1GB KVM VPS LEB Special
    Sat Feb 13 18:15:03 IST 2021

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2799.998 MHz
    RAM        : 987.2 MiB
    Swap       : 525.0 MiB
    Disk       : 16.1 GiB

Read       | 68.05 MB/s   (17.0k) | 1.06 GB/s    (16.6k)
    Write      | 68.24 MB/s   (17.0k) | 1.06 GB/s    (16.7k)
    Total      | 136.30 MB/s  (34.0k) | 2.13 GB/s    (33.3k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 1.57 GB/s     (3.0k) | 1.45 GB/s     (1.4k)
    Write      | 1.65 GB/s     (3.2k) | 1.55 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Total      | 3.23 GB/s     (6.3k) | 3.01 GB/s     (2.9k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 793 Mbits/sec   | 800 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 790 Mbits/sec   | 795 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 794 Mbits/sec   | 795 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 505 Mbits/sec   | 193 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 746 Mbits/sec   | 757 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 592 Mbits/sec   | 523 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 684 Mbits/sec   | 408 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 394 Mbits/sec   | 259 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 741
    Multi Core      | 738
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6481050

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • edited February 2021

HosterLabs 2GB KVM IPV6 special
    Sat 13 Feb 2021 06:37:43 PM IST

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2288G CPU @ 3.70GHz
        CPU cores  : 1 @ 3696.000 MHz
        VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
        RAM        : 1.9 GiB
        Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
        Disk       : 28.5 GiB

Read       | 278.80 MB/s  (69.7k) | 3.12 GB/s    (48.8k)
        Write      | 279.54 MB/s  (69.8k) | 3.14 GB/s    (49.1k)
        Total      | 558.34 MB/s (139.5k) | 6.26 GB/s    (97.9k)
                   |                      |
        Read       | 4.02 GB/s     (7.8k) | 3.81 GB/s     (3.7k)
        Write      | 4.24 GB/s     (8.2k) | 4.06 GB/s     (3.9k)
        Total      | 8.27 GB/s    (16.1k) | 7.88 GB/s     (7.6k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.75 Gbits/sec  | 2.26 Gbits/sec
        Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.78 Gbits/sec  | 2.18 Gbits/sec
        WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.75 Gbits/sec  | 2.11 Gbits/sec
        Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 542 Mbits/sec   | 10.2 Mbits/sec
        Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.92 Gbits/sec  | 4.79 Gbits/sec
        Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.72 Gbits/sec  | 3.33 Gbits/sec
        Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.79 Gbits/sec  | 2.53 Gbits/sec
        Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 147 Mbits/sec   | 630 Mbits/sec

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.67 Gbits/sec  | 2.25 Gbits/sec
        Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.74 Gbits/sec  | 2.19 Gbits/sec
        WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.76 Gbits/sec  | 2.08 Gbits/sec
        Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.89 Gbits/sec  | 4.67 Gbits/sec
        Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.76 Gbits/sec  | 2.53 Gbits/sec

Test            | Value
                        |
        Single Core     | 1231
        Multi Core      | 1227
        Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6481455

@hosterlabs

Thanked by (1)flips
  • edited February 2021

Hostsolution 2GB 200GB
    #https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script
    Sat Feb 13 18:48:52 IST 2021
    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores : 2 @ 2397.222 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 1.9 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 196.8 GiB

Read       | 131.24 MB/s  (32.8k) | 883.29 MB/s  (13.8k)
        Write      | 131.59 MB/s  (32.8k) | 887.94 MB/s  (13.8k)
        Total      | 262.83 MB/s  (65.7k) | 1.77 GB/s    (27.6k)
                   |                      |
        Read       | 1.05 GB/s     (2.0k) | 1.13 GB/s     (1.1k)
        Write      | 1.11 GB/s     (2.1k) | 1.21 GB/s     (1.1k)
        Total      | 2.16 GB/s     (4.2k) | 2.35 GB/s     (2.2k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 218 Mbits/sec   | 295 Mbits/sec
        Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 748 Mbits/sec   | 360 Mbits/sec
        WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 794 Mbits/sec   | 427 Mbits/sec
        Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 529 Mbits/sec   | 60.5 Mbits/sec
        Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 734 Mbits/sec   | 192 Mbits/sec
        Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 655 Mbits/sec   | 162 Mbits/sec
        Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 198 Mbits/sec   | 92.8 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                        |
        Single Core     | 604
        Multi Core      | 1181
        Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6481689

@cociu

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • Inception 1GB 1TB
    Sat 13 Feb 19:10:58 IST 2021

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz
        CPU cores  : 1 @ 2199.998 MHz
        Swap       : 0.0 KiB
        Disk       : 984.2 GiB

Read       | 4.13 MB/s     (1.0k) | 52.72 MB/s     (823)
        Write      | 4.15 MB/s     (1.0k) | 53.18 MB/s     (831)
        Total      | 8.28 MB/s     (2.0k) | 105.91 MB/s   (1.6k)
                   |                      |
        Read       | 78.96 MB/s     (154) | 102.80 MB/s    (100)
        Write      | 83.15 MB/s     (162) | 109.65 MB/s    (107)
        Total      | 162.12 MB/s    (316) | 212.45 MB/s    (207)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | 412 Mbits/sec
        Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 669 Mbits/sec   | 151 Mbits/sec
        WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 832 Mbits/sec   | 310 Mbits/sec
        Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 628 Mbits/sec   | 118 Mbits/sec
        Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 836 Mbits/sec   | 535 Mbits/sec
        Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 830 Mbits/sec   | 592 Mbits/sec
        Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 883 Mbits/sec   | 918 Mbits/sec
        Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 728 Mbits/sec   | 306 Mbits/sec

@AnthonySmith

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • vserver 1GB 5GB
    Sat Feb 13 19:02:57 IST 2021

Processor  : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6380
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2500.012 MHz
    Swap       : 349.0 MiB
    Disk       : 4.5 GiB

Read       | 9.39 MB/s     (2.3k) | 26.32 MB/s     (411)
    Write      | 9.42 MB/s     (2.3k) | 26.79 MB/s     (418)
    Total      | 18.81 MB/s    (4.7k) | 53.12 MB/s     (829)
               |                      |
    Read       | 94.96 MB/s     (185) | 112.48 MB/s    (109)
    Write      | 100.00 MB/s    (195) | 119.97 MB/s    (117)
    Total      | 194.96 MB/s    (380) | 232.46 MB/s    (226)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 904 Mbits/sec   | 308 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 893 Mbits/sec   | 287 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 867 Mbits/sec   | 286 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 630 Mbits/sec   | 85.9 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 823 Mbits/sec   | 163 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 702 Mbits/sec   | 185 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 811 Mbits/sec   | 114 Mbits/sec

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 882 Mbits/sec   | 278 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 781 Mbits/sec   | 280 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 642 Mbits/sec   | 157 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 792 Mbits/sec   | 113 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 353
    Multi Core      | 351
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6481954

@vserversite

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • Webhorizon 512MB 7GB
    https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script
    Sat Feb 13 19:04:45 IST 2021

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2276G CPU @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3791.998 MHz
    RAM        : 512.0 MiB
    Disk       : 6.9 GiB

Read       | 36.26 MB/s    (9.0k) | 174.46 MB/s   (2.7k)
    Write      | 36.36 MB/s    (9.0k) | 175.38 MB/s   (2.7k)
    Total      | 72.62 MB/s   (18.1k) | 349.84 MB/s   (5.4k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 142.68 MB/s    (278) | 124.26 MB/s    (121)
    Write      | 150.27 MB/s    (293) | 132.54 MB/s    (129)
    Total      | 292.95 MB/s    (571) | 256.81 MB/s    (250)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 475 Mbits/sec   | 577 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 377 Mbits/sec   | 351 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 458 Mbits/sec   | 499 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 877 Mbits/sec   | 909 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 407 Mbits/sec   | 236 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 366 Mbits/sec   | 327 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 481 Mbits/sec   | 429 Mbits/sec

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | 223 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 236 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | 220 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | 201 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 203 Mbits/sec

@Abdullah

Thanked by (1)cybertech

Debian KVM on Hetzner Ax101

debian@debian-kvm:~$ date -u
    Sat 13 Feb 2021 08:36:08 PM UTC
    debian@debian-kvm:~$ curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -9

Sat 13 Feb 2021 01:36:12 PM MST

Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 3393.624 MHz
    RAM        : 3.9 GiB
    Swap       : 975.0 MiB
    Disk       : 194.9 GiB

Read       | 360.72 MB/s  (90.1k) | 1.46 GB/s    (22.9k)
    Write      | 361.68 MB/s  (90.4k) | 1.47 GB/s    (23.0k)
    Total      | 722.40 MB/s (180.6k) | 2.94 GB/s    (45.9k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 1.51 GB/s     (2.9k) | 1.48 GB/s     (1.4k)
    Write      | 1.59 GB/s     (3.1k) | 1.58 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Total      | 3.11 GB/s     (6.0k) | 3.07 GB/s     (3.0k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 942 Mbits/sec   | busy           
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 932 Mbits/sec   | 933 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 929 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 720 Mbits/sec   | 240 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 78.7 Mbits/sec  | 458 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 828 Mbits/sec   | 500 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 670 Mbits/sec   | 324 Mbits/sec  

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 6479                          
    Multi Core      | 19697                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16041450

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1471                          
    Multi Core      | 4834                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6488317

debian@debian-kvm:~$ 

Thanked by (2)kwaralala cybertech

• edited February 2021

Dedicated KVM Slice 512MB BuyVM Luxembourg Debian 10

Sun Feb 14 03:40:52 CET 2021

Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3792.872 MHz
    RAM        : 483.2 MiB
    Swap       : 512.0 MiB
    Disk       : 9.3 GiB

Read       | 122.57 MB/s  (30.6k) | 390.67 MB/s   (6.1k)
    Write      | 122.90 MB/s  (30.7k) | 392.72 MB/s   (6.1k)
    Total      | 245.48 MB/s  (61.3k) | 783.39 MB/s  (12.2k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 488.14 MB/s    (953) | 514.72 MB/s    (502)
    Write      | 514.07 MB/s   (1.0k) | 549.00 MB/s    (536)
    Total      | 1.00 GB/s     (1.9k) | 1.06 GB/s     (1.0k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.12 Gbits/sec  | 586 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.12 Gbits/sec  | 860 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.12 Gbits/sec  | 774 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 691 Mbits/sec   | 382 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.03 Gbits/sec  | 205 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 336 Mbits/sec   | 208 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 808 Mbits/sec   | 231 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 63.5 Mbits/sec  | 117 Mbits/sec

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.10 Gbits/sec  | 320 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.11 Gbits/sec  | 615 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.02 Gbits/sec  | 773 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 45.7 Mbits/sec  | 112 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 522 Kbits/sec   | 21.4 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 983
    Multi Core      | 970
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6492011

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

taking Avoro Winter Deal 2019 for another spin, seems like it's time to put it back in production. less steal now than before:

Sun Feb 14 14:42:06 +08 2021

Processor  : AMD EPYC 7352 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2299.998 MHz
    RAM        : 5.8 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 29.7 GiB

Read       | 146.74 MB/s  (36.6k) | 877.73 MB/s  (13.7k)
    Write      | 147.13 MB/s  (36.7k) | 882.35 MB/s  (13.7k)
    Total      | 293.88 MB/s  (73.4k) | 1.76 GB/s    (27.5k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 1.33 GB/s     (2.6k) | 1.31 GB/s     (1.2k)
    Write      | 1.40 GB/s     (2.7k) | 1.40 GB/s     (1.3k)
    Total      | 2.74 GB/s     (5.3k) | 2.71 GB/s     (2.6k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 3.01 Gbits/sec  | 3.83 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 7.68 Gbits/sec  | 5.41 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 7.13 Gbits/sec  | 1.11 Gbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 794 Mbits/sec   | 64.2 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.11 Gbits/sec  | 1.56 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.66 Gbits/sec  | 1.25 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.02 Gbits/sec  | 27.3 Mbits/sec

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 7.00 Gbits/sec  | 4.60 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 6.87 Gbits/sec  | 6.70 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 6.53 Gbits/sec  | 4.61 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.12 Gbits/sec  | 1.28 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.08 Gbits/sec  | 1.02 Gbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 3480
    Multi Core      | 5941
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16041909

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Webhosting24 10x10x10 Special

Sun 14 Feb 2021 10:22:11 AM UTC

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2399.996 MHz
    RAM        : 981.2 MiB
    Disk       : 9.8 GiB

Read       | 263.14 MB/s  (65.7k) | 2.72 GB/s    (42.5k)
    Write      | 263.84 MB/s  (65.9k) | 2.73 GB/s    (42.7k)
    Total      | 526.98 MB/s (131.7k) | 5.46 GB/s    (85.3k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 3.16 GB/s     (6.1k) | 3.52 GB/s     (3.4k)
    Write      | 3.33 GB/s     (6.5k) | 3.75 GB/s     (3.6k)
    Total      | 6.49 GB/s    (12.6k) | 7.28 GB/s     (7.1k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 838 Mbits/sec   | 459 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 919 Mbits/sec   | 437 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 945 Mbits/sec   | 509 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 291 Mbits/sec   | 33.3 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 342 Mbits/sec   | 89.5 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 182 Mbits/sec   | 71.5 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 358 Mbits/sec   | 59.3 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | 69.7 Mbits/sec

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 390 Mbits/sec   | 384 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 392 Mbits/sec   | 460 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 337 Mbits/sec   | 491 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 117 Mbits/sec   | 77.3 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 94.9 Mbits/sec  | 116 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 736
    Multi Core      | 732
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6497422

Thanked by (2)cybertech tomazu
  • @seriesn said:
    Oh my!

[root@test-1 ~]# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -9

Thu Feb 11 23:16:29 EST 2021

CPU cores  : 4 @ 3792.874 MHz
    RAM        : 3.7 GiB
    Disk       : 59.0 GiB

Read       | 382.67 MB/s  (95.6k) | 4.03 GB/s    (62.9k)
    Write      | 383.68 MB/s  (95.9k) | 4.05 GB/s    (63.3k)
    Total      | 766.36 MB/s (191.5k) | 8.08 GB/s   (126.2k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 4.85 GB/s     (9.4k) | 4.65 GB/s     (4.5k)
    Write      | 5.11 GB/s     (9.9k) | 4.96 GB/s     (4.8k)
    Total      | 9.96 GB/s    (19.4k) | 9.61 GB/s     (9.3k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 760 Mbits/sec   | 930 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 754 Mbits/sec   | 921 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 834 Mbits/sec   | 941 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 386 Mbits/sec   | 169 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 476 Mbits/sec   | 807 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 374 Mbits/sec   | 588 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 334 Mbits/sec   | 306 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 232 Mbits/sec   | 162 Mbits/sec

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 917 Mbits/sec   | 902 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 921 Mbits/sec   | 902 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 922 Mbits/sec   | 916 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 835 Mbits/sec   | 450 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 465 Mbits/sec   | 301 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 5865
    Multi Core      | 18710
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16039136

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1334
    Multi Core      | 4555
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6456373

No matter how beautiful a bench looks, it can never beat nature for me.

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • Facts!!

MS said:

@seriesn said:
    Oh my!

[root@test-1 ~]# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -9

Thu Feb 11 23:16:29 EST 2021

CPU cores  : 4 @ 3792.874 MHz
    Disk       : 59.0 GiB

Read       | 382.67 MB/s  (95.6k) | 4.03 GB/s    (62.9k)
    Write      | 383.68 MB/s  (95.9k) | 4.05 GB/s    (63.3k)
    Total      | 766.36 MB/s (191.5k) | 8.08 GB/s   (126.2k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 4.85 GB/s     (9.4k) | 4.65 GB/s     (4.5k)
    Write      | 5.11 GB/s     (9.9k) | 4.96 GB/s     (4.8k)
    Total      | 9.96 GB/s    (19.4k) | 9.61 GB/s     (9.3k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 760 Mbits/sec   | 930 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 754 Mbits/sec   | 921 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 834 Mbits/sec   | 941 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 386 Mbits/sec   | 169 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 476 Mbits/sec   | 807 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 374 Mbits/sec   | 588 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 334 Mbits/sec   | 306 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 232 Mbits/sec   | 162 Mbits/sec

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 917 Mbits/sec   | 902 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 921 Mbits/sec   | 902 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 922 Mbits/sec   | 916 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 835 Mbits/sec   | 450 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 465 Mbits/sec   | 301 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 5865
    Multi Core      | 18710
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16039136

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1334
    Multi Core      | 4555
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6456373

No matter how beautiful a bench looks, it can never beat nature for me.

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@kuduku said:
    Webhorizon 512MB 7GB

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2276G CPU @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores : 1 @ 3791.998 MHz
    RAM : 512.0 MiB
    Disk : 6.9 GiB

Block Size | 4k (IOPS) | 64k (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 36.26 MB/s (9.0k) | 174.46 MB/s (2.7k)
    Write | 36.36 MB/s (9.0k) | 175.38 MB/s (2.7k)
    Total | 72.62 MB/s (18.1k) | 349.84 MB/s (5.4k)
    | |
    Block Size | 512k (IOPS) | 1m (IOPS)
    Read | 142.68 MB/s (278) | 124.26 MB/s (121)
    Write | 150.27 MB/s (293) | 132.54 MB/s (129)
    Total | 292.95 MB/s (571) | 256.81 MB/s (250)

@Abdullah

The disk IO seems much lower than our other KVMs at Singapore, canyou create a ticket so I can look, or PM regd. email ? :)

• edited February 2021

@Abdullah said:

@kuduku said:
    Webhorizon 512MB 7GB

| |

@Abdullah

The disk IO seems much lower than our other KVMs at Singapore, canyou create a ticket so I can look, or PM regd. email ? :)

ticket #7977790 made
    and closed due to super fast response by @Abdullah :)

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@kuduku said:

@Abdullah said:

@kuduku said:
    Webhorizon 512MB 7GB

| |

@Abdullah

ticket #7977790 made

replied, seems like a confusion on my part. This is an OVZ NAT vps. sorry!

• Dubai $5/m

Fri Feb 19 01:19:37 +04 2021

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2893.200 MHz
    RAM        : 990.9 MiB
    Swap       : 2.0 GiB
    Disk       : 19.6 GiB

Read       | 417.79 MB/s (104.4k) | 3.73 GB/s    (58.3k)
    Write      | 418.89 MB/s (104.7k) | 3.75 GB/s    (58.6k)
    Total      | 836.68 MB/s (209.1k) | 7.48 GB/s   (117.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 4.48 GB/s     (8.7k) | 4.29 GB/s     (4.1k)
    Write      | 4.72 GB/s     (9.2k) | 4.57 GB/s     (4.4k)
    Total      | 9.21 GB/s    (18.0k) | 8.86 GB/s     (8.6k)

Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 868 Mbits/sec   | 873 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 847 Mbits/sec   | 866 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 604 Mbits/sec   | 87.9 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy           
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 592 Mbits/sec   | busy           
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy           

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 4179                          
    Multi Core      | 4100                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16048612

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 955                           
    Multi Core      | 957                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6575830

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • edited February 2021

TerraHost i3 BF 500gb HDD replaced with 2TB ssd :joy:

root@yeah:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -9

Fri 19 Feb 2021 06:28:46 AM WIB

Processor  : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2891.187 MHz
    Swap       : 92.0 MiB
    Disk       : 1.8 TiB

Read       | 151.11 MB/s  (37.7k) | 169.99 MB/s   (2.6k)
    Write      | 151.50 MB/s  (37.8k) | 170.89 MB/s   (2.6k)
    Total      | 302.61 MB/s  (75.6k) | 340.88 MB/s   (5.3k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 217.58 MB/s    (424) | 237.29 MB/s    (231)
    Write      | 229.14 MB/s    (447) | 253.09 MB/s    (247)
    Total      | 446.72 MB/s    (871) | 490.38 MB/s    (478)

Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 914 Mbits/sec   | 623 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 921 Mbits/sec   | 888 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 559 Mbits/sec   | 22.3 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 849 Mbits/sec   | 346 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 739 Mbits/sec   | 156 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 3908
    Multi Core      | 7239
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16048695

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 872
    Multi Core      | 1768
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6576915

Thanked by (1)cybertech

I’m a simple man I see gifs, I press thanks

• After a lot of back and forth with @Not_Oles (for all good reasons!)

Sat Feb 20 06:04:39 UTC 2021

Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2192.292 MHz
    RAM        : 4.0 GiB
    Swap       : 4.5 GiB
    Disk       : 97.9 GiB

Read       | 945.54 MB/s (236.3k) | 2.54 GB/s    (39.8k)
    Write      | 948.04 MB/s (237.0k) | 2.56 GB/s    (40.0k)
    Total      | 1.89 GB/s   (473.3k) | 5.10 GB/s    (79.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 955.06 MB/s   (1.8k) | 3.27 GB/s     (3.2k)
    Write      | 1.00 GB/s     (1.9k) | 3.49 GB/s     (3.4k)
    Total      | 1.96 GB/s     (3.8k) | 6.77 GB/s     (6.6k)

Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 947 Mbits/sec   | 919 Mbits/sec  

Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 936 Mbits/sec   | 924 Mbits/sec  

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 6516                          
    Multi Core      | 19541                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16050385

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1497                          
    Multi Core      | 4746                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6597804
    Thanked by (3)cybertech Mason Not_Oles
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited February 2021

Shot in a ticket to have Clouvider check out their iperf servers.

Considering reducing the number of retries so when iperf servers aren't operational the script doesn't take forever to run

Thanked by (2)vyas ariq01

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

@vyas said:
    After a lot of back and forth with @Not_Oles (for all good reasons!)

> 
    > Basic System Information:
    > ---------------------------------
    > Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    > CPU cores  : 4 @ 2192.292 MHz
    > AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    > VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    > RAM        : 4.0 GiB
    > Swap       : 4.5 GiB
    > Disk       : 97.9 GiB
    > 
    > fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    > Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    >   ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    > Read       | 945.54 MB/s (236.3k) | 2.54 GB/s    (39.8k)
    > Write      | 948.04 MB/s (237.0k) | 2.56 GB/s    (40.0k)
    > Total      | 1.89 GB/s   (473.3k) | 5.10 GB/s    (79.8k)
    >            |                      |                     
    > Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    > Read       | 955.06 MB/s   (1.8k) | 3.27 GB/s     (3.2k)
    > Write      | 1.00 GB/s     (1.9k) | 3.49 GB/s     (3.4k)
    > Total      | 1.96 GB/s     (3.8k) | 6.77 GB/s     (6.6k)
    > 
    > iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    > Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
    >                 |                           |                 |                
    > Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy           
    > Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 947 Mbits/sec   | 919 Mbits/sec  
    > Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy           
    > 
    > iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    > Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 936 Mbits/sec   | 924 Mbits/sec  
    > 
    > Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    > Test            | Value                         
    >                 |                               
    > Single Core     | 6516                          
    > Multi Core      | 19541                         
    > Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16050385
    > 
    > Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    >                 |                               
    > Single Core     | 1497                          
    > Multi Core      | 4746                          
    > Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6597804

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Not technically a VPS. KVM VM deployed on a home server. Was just curious to see how it compares.

Half of the cores assigned to VM. (PN50 Mini pc form factor zen 2 4700U / 64gig / nvme). About 500 bucks worth of gear. Unsure why AES and AMD-V is disabled. Single core sucks cause it's essentially a laptop cpu. Surprised at the weak disk though

Sat 20 Feb 2021 02:13:15 PM UTC

Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 1996.269 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled

Read       | 123.27 MB/s  (30.8k) | 518.63 MB/s   (8.1k)
    Write      | 123.59 MB/s  (30.8k) | 521.36 MB/s   (8.1k)
    Total      | 246.86 MB/s  (61.7k) | 1.04 GB/s    (16.2k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 228.20 MB/s    (445) | 217.90 MB/s    (212)
    Write      | 240.32 MB/s    (469) | 232.41 MB/s    (226)
    Total      | 468.53 MB/s    (914) | 450.32 MB/s    (438)

Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 877 Mbits/sec   | 695 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 915 Mbits/sec   | 688 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 291 Mbits/sec   | 79.7 Mbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 826 Mbits/sec   | 494 Mbits/sec  

Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 904 Mbits/sec   | 591 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 856 Mbits/sec   | 690 Mbits/sec  

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 995                           
    Multi Core      | 3359 

@havoc said:
    Not technically a VPS. KVM VM deployed on a home server. Was just curious to see how it compares.

Half of the cores assigned to VM. (PN50 Mini pc form factor zen 2 4700U / 64gig / nvme). About 500 bucks worth of gear. Unsure why AES and AMD-V is disabled. Single core sucks cause it's essentially a laptop cpu. Surprised at the weak disk though

Sat 20 Feb 2021 02:13:15 PM UTC

Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 1996.269 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled

Read       | 123.27 MB/s  (30.8k) | 518.63 MB/s   (8.1k)
    Write      | 123.59 MB/s  (30.8k) | 521.36 MB/s   (8.1k)
    Total      | 246.86 MB/s  (61.7k) | 1.04 GB/s    (16.2k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 228.20 MB/s    (445) | 217.90 MB/s    (212)
    Write      | 240.32 MB/s    (469) | 232.41 MB/s    (226)
    Total      | 468.53 MB/s    (914) | 450.32 MB/s    (438)

Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 877 Mbits/sec   | 695 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 915 Mbits/sec   | 688 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 291 Mbits/sec   | 79.7 Mbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 826 Mbits/sec   | 494 Mbits/sec  

Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 904 Mbits/sec   | 591 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 856 Mbits/sec   | 690 Mbits/sec  

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 995                           
    Multi Core      | 3359 

pretty good actually for GB5

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@cybertech said: pretty good actually for GB5

Yeah pretty happy with it. Low power (10W idle), 8 core & loads of mem makes it a good always on proxmox machine for gitlab, pihole etc

Thanked by (1)cybertech

@vyas said:
    After a lot of back and forth with @Not_Oles (for all good reasons!)

> 
    > Basic System Information:
    > Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    > CPU cores  : 4 @ 2192.292 MHz
    > AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    > VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    > RAM        : 4.0 GiB
    > Swap       : 4.5 GiB
    > Disk       : 97.9 GiB
    > 
    > fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    > Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    > Read       | 945.54 MB/s (236.3k) | 2.54 GB/s    (39.8k)
    > Write      | 948.04 MB/s (237.0k) | 2.56 GB/s    (40.0k)
    > Total      | 1.89 GB/s   (473.3k) | 5.10 GB/s    (79.8k)
    >            |                      |                     
    > Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    > Read       | 955.06 MB/s   (1.8k) | 3.27 GB/s     (3.2k)
    > Write      | 1.00 GB/s     (1.9k) | 3.49 GB/s     (3.4k)
    > Total      | 1.96 GB/s     (3.8k) | 6.77 GB/s     (6.6k)
    > 
    > iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    > Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 947 Mbits/sec   | 919 Mbits/sec  
    > 
    > iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    > Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 936 Mbits/sec   | 924 Mbits/sec  
    > 
    > Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    >                 |                               
    > Single Core     | 6516                          
    > Multi Core      | 19541                         
    > Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16050385
    > 
    > Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    >                 |                               
    > Single Core     | 1497                          
    > Multi Core      | 4746                          
    > Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6597804

@vyas @cybertech @Mason @Everybody

Is anyone aware of anything that could be done to improve the server's performance? I hope the performance could be as good as possible. Thanks!