Bug reports - NEW

Comments

• @Amitz said:
    I can also see it in the profile, but not next to my postings...
    Mom always told me to stay clear of wild parties. Now I know why...

LOL, I'm pretty sure that's not what your mom meant.

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Amitz said:
    I can also see it in the profile, but not next to my postings...
    Mom always told me to stay clear of wild parties. Now I know why...

I have literally no idea why but I did fuck up and then replace and redo the theme while you were away so perhaps that was the cause, add it again, if it vanishes again I will try to track down the cause.

Thanked by (1)Amitz

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Okay. So, on the mobile version, when I am not on the front page, I can’t access my notifications. Driving me crazy ??

@seriesn said:
    Okay. So, on the mobile version, when I am not on the front page, I can’t access my notifications. Driving me crazy ??

Android or IOS?
    light or dark theme?
    Firefox, safari, chrome?

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider
    edited November 2019

In the dark theme, you are not able to see the tags due to styling;

edit:

Also on the profile page, the dropdown has white text on a white background;

very small things..

my OCD got me.. - the strength bar not filling the width;

and a horizontal scrollbar on the notifications selection in the profile;

Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• williewillie OG
    edited November 2019

Firefox 70, linux, heavy adblock. The "profile" icon at the upper right of the screen seems to be a transcluded gravatar image (i.e. invasive tracker) which is blocked by adblock so I can't see it without lowering deflector shields :(. Would be much better to make it a generic silhouette or whatever LET uses. Or at least, give it an alt tag that users can click on if the icon doesn't show.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Cheers, @Solaire has been pushing about 5 - 10 fixes per day since day 1 voluntarily so lets give him the weekend to chill out :)

Thanked by (1)poisson

• @AnthonySmith said:

@seriesn said:
    Okay. So, on the mobile version, when I am not on the front page, I can’t access my notifications. Driving me crazy ??

Android or IOS?
    light or dark theme?
    Firefox, safari, chrome?

Both,
    Grey?
    Chrome.

• @seriesn said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@seriesn said:

Android or IOS?
    light or dark theme?
    Firefox, safari, chrome?

Both,
    Grey?
    Chrome.

What versions are you running? I can't seem to reproduce that in latest Chrome and Android. Mind clearing your cache / trying incognito again?

@willie @ialexpw Noted! I'll look into it over the next few days.

Thanked by (1)willie
  • williewillie OG
    edited November 2019
    1. https://talk.lowendspirit.com/categories should mentiion offtopic category is logged-in only (it should stay logged-in only, i.e. the bug is only that the categories page doesn't say that it is).

2. I noticed on both LET and here, when I try to sign in I get an "incorrect password, try again" (or some such) message on 100% of first attempts. I try again (prefilled form so one click) and it works the 2nd time. I haven't checked but that might be related to my having outgoing referers disabled. This started happening on LET a couple months ago (it worked properly before then). I didn't bother reporting it there since nothing there ever gets fixed anyway, and it's not important at all here, but I thought I'd mention it.

• @Solaire said:

@seriesn said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@seriesn said:

Android or IOS?
    light or dark theme?
    Firefox, safari, chrome?

Both,
    Grey?
    Chrome.

What versions are you running? I can't seem to reproduce that in latest Chrome and Android. Mind clearing your cache / trying incognito again?

@willie @ialexpw Noted! I'll look into it over the next few days.

It has something to do with the Popup. Works flawlessly on computer tho.

Tried via incognito. No dice. Will try again tomorrow :)

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • @Solaire for the dark theme the a:link state is not set, so we can't tell where a word/expression is hyperlinked or not. Thanks :-)

Thanked by (2)Solaire uptime

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• Confirmed, enabling the referer header fixes the click twice to login issue.

• Browser: Firefox 70.0.1 64 bit with a few too many add-ons.
    Device type: PC
    Theme: Dark
    Clicking the Format button, followed by any of the options causes the window to reload. Does anyone else see this or should I play with my add-ons, as the bishop said to the actress?

• Browser: Firefox 70.0.1 64 bit with a few too many add-ons.

Text inside code blocks is white text on white backgrounds for me. I haven't checked quotes, etc, due to problem mentioned above.
    Same question about add-ons as above.

• More of a feature-request: Can we get youtube videos to play as embedded instead of acting as a link to the youtube page?

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

works fine on desktop.

• Works fine on my mobile too

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider
    edited November 2019

When I press play on FF it also opens into a new page

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    works fine on desktop.

Ah, so it's not intended to redirect to youtube?

I'm running the latest firefox nightly on windows, using the light theme. Works fine on LET though.

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• CF rocket loader is causing major increases to time-to-first-meaningful-paint.

Details in uptime's thread.
    https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/1981/#Comment_1981

• Is that just me or bug?

When i do quote/code, its auto refresh the page.
    Default theme.

• Default theme, Android device, firefox.

Main page scrolling causes threads to not move in unison with each other, creating a strange effect a screenshot won't capture.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @dahartigan said:
    Default theme, Android device, firefox.

Main page scrolling causes threads to not move in unison with each other, creating a strange effect a screenshot won't capture.

Yes, this this still happening. (DarkTheme/Android/FF beta)
    I thought it would go away with the RocketLoader Disable.

It kinda looks like each Thread row element in the home page floats above the others when you finger scroll.
    I do not know enough Front-end knowledge to debug these.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

@dahartigan said:

Would a screen capture / short video capture it?

• edited November 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

@dahartigan said:

Would a screen capture / short video capture it?

More than likely, but I'm the first to admit I would have no clue how to do that. I'll see what I can do..

EDIT: I just found out that you can actually reproduce this on the PC. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 with Firefox and if I resize the window to force the mobile viewpoint, the problem can be seen.

Thanked by (2)uptime vimalware

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• Later today there will be an update to address the following:

@ialexpw said:
    In the dark theme

All of your issues have been addressed - appreciate the feedback.

@willie said:
    Firefox 70, linux, heavy adblock. The "profile" icon at the upper right of the screen seems to be a transcluded gravatar image (i.e. invasive tracker) which is blocked by adblock so I can't see it without lowering deflector shields :(. Would be much better to make it a generic silhouette or whatever LET uses. Or at least, give it an alt tag that users can click on if the icon doesn't show.

As this is a Vanilla / gravatar core thing it's something I'd rather not touch (it would break things on updates). I honestly think you're best off to just upload yourself an avatar. That should override gravatar behavior and allow you to click the item there without lowering your shields. Sorry if that is inconvenient. If this poses issues for a larger audience I'm more than happy to revisit my opinion :)

@ITLabs said:
    @Solaire for the dark theme the a:link state is not set, so we can't tell where a word/expression is hyperlinked or not. Thanks :-)

Sorted - appreciate the report.

@dave said:
    Browser: Firefox 70.0.1 64 bit with a few too many add-ons.
    Clicking the Format button, followed by any of the options causes the window to reload. Does anyone else see this or should I play with my add-ons, as the bishop said to the actress?

Should be sorted - thanks for the feedback.

@dave said:
    Text inside code blocks is white text on white backgrounds for me. I haven't checked quotes, etc, due to problem mentioned above.
    Same question about add-ons as above.

Should be sorted now - thanks for the feedback.

Thanked by (3)ITLabs poisson Amitz
  • Probably not bugs, but the account registration and activation email has a subject line of:
    [] Welcome Aboard!

Also, the text of the email doesn't contain the forum name.
    Hello uhu! You have successfully registered for an account at . Find your account information below.

The page reloads when clicking the format button mentioned above on Chrome 78, Windows.

• maybe an option to play a sound on notifications? (not by default)

This discussion has been closed.