Bug reports - NEW

Comments

• Weblogics said: Is it possible for the posts to show the most recent poster and ** time / date?**

I did mention this earlier but must've been washed over in all the frenzied activity. :)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@AlwaysSkint said:

Weblogics said: Is it possible for the posts to show the most recent poster and ** time / date?**

I did mention this earlier but must've been washed over in all the frenzied activity. :)

Do a hard refresh that has been taken care of :)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

I'm afraid so, sorry about that!

The bug report thread was pretty difficult to keep up with in the beginning, but I feel we're getting somewhere now.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • A minute spelling mistake needs to get fixed

Shoaib_A said: A minute spelling mistake needs to get fixed

Fixed with a hint of irony :D

Thanked by (1)Shoaib_A

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

Maybe a bug or not but on mobile (Android/Chrome) a link to the homepage/index page is missing.

Although there is HOME link in the breadcrumb but a logo link in the navbar would be wonderful :)

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• Dark theme mobile, minor bug for longer Category names:

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2019

Ok, one more request.

It'd be good if the font-weight is changed on the link (thread titles) visited. Currently, it just changes the colour to a lighter grey and makes it a bit hard to recognize that the thread has been visited/read by self.

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2019

Vanilla shows my timezone for posts as GMT +5 instead of GMT +5.5

Browser: opera/duckduckgo/safari/ firefox
    Theme : either
    Thanks

Squats are the new Push-ups

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

I think 'Discussions' and 'Categories' should be flipped position wise.

Francisco

• spliticesplitice Hosting ProviderOG

Can we get the plugin for Vanilla the saves the Quick reply box on reload?

X4B - DDoS Protection: Affordable Anycast DDoS protection including Layer 7 mitigation with PoPs in the Europe, Asia, North and South America.
    Latest Offer: Brazil Launch 2020 Offer

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited November 2019

@flips said:
    Dark theme mobile, minor bug for longer Category names:

I'll look into that, thanks.

@vyas said:
    Vanilla shows my timezone for posts as GMT +5 instead of GMT +5.5

Browser: opera/duckduckgo/safari/ firefox
    Theme : either
    Thanks

This has been an issue in Vanilla for over 6 years unfortunately. I can sort it but I'd have to go over and create a pull request at Vanilla - so it'll take a while. Here's the issue: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/1626

Thanked by (2)vyas flips
  • @Solaire said:

This has been an issue in Vanilla for over 6 years unfortunately. I can sort it but I'd have to go over and create a pull request at Vanilla - so it'll take a while.

Thanks for confirming, I figured it was a Vanilla issue.

Thanked by (1)Solaire

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @Solaire - quick ask - would it be possible to have a slightly darker (non-white, more grayish) background on the main page for discussions that have no unread posts for logged in users? Something similar to LET, where the background is white only when there's an unread post (and it sort of "highlights" that discussion). It is (to me) much easier on the eye when there's a bold-font as well.

I'm struggling to discern the read-vs-unread discussions on the main page as they're all uniformly listed.

Thanks in advance.

• @nullnothere said:
    @Solaire - quick ask - would it be possible to have a slightly darker (non-white, more grayish) background on the main page for discussions that have no unread posts for logged in users? Something similar to LET, where the background is white only when there's an unread post (and it sort of "highlights" that discussion). It is (to me) much easier on the eye when there's a bold-font as well.

I'm struggling to discern the read-vs-unread discussions on the main page as they're all uniformly listed.

Thanks in advance.

Sure thing :). I'm out for the night but I'll try some things tomorrow and report back

Thanked by (2)nullnothere poisson
  • MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

On the dark theme code tags make text the same color and is unreadable.

https://i.gyazo.com/b92609d4314fd13d55300f7ae24e5218.png

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

Latest theme updates in, please hard refresh.

Thanked by (2)MikeA flips

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@AnthonySmith said:
    Latest theme updates in, please hard refresh.

https://i.gyazo.com/d5fea5a5cfe1a2f1c1ecdec8d151d4d8.png

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

It'd be nice if we could tab from the textarea for comments right to Post Comment. Right now it links to the Markdown wikipedia.

This is controlled with the tabindex property.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • saibalsaibal OG
    edited November 2019

The OK and Cancel button captions for adding hyperlinks have the same color as the background. They do change to green on hover. I could not dismiss the dialog after adding the link (neither OK nor Cancel works), had to click outside the dialog to dismiss.

Edit: Even the edit gear wheel has the same color as the background. I thought this new Vanilla does not allow posts to be edited at first. Hard to see below:

Dark theme on Chrome 78.x on Debian with uBlock.

• @Solaire said: Sure thing . I'm out for the night but I'll try some things tomorrow and report back

That was quick. I can already see things so much better and it is eminently more readable for me. Thank you so much for a really important ergonomic change.

Now if I could just speed up my brain to comprehend things faster...

• nullnothere said: That was quick. I can already see things so much better and it is eminently more readable for me. Thank you so much for a really important ergonomic change.

This one goes to @Phill , he beat me to it :). It's only working for the default theme though - so I'll have a look at that to make sure it also works on dark / grey.

Thanked by (2)Phill nullnothere
  • Solaire said: I'll have a look at that to make sure it also works on dark / grey.

Sorted. Will be included in the next update:

Grey:

Dark:

Thanked by (2)flips beagle
  • SolaireSolaire OG
    edited November 2019

Change log for the next update. If I missed anything so far, please let me know.

flips said: Dark theme mobile, minor bug for longer Category names:

Sorted :)

@MikeA said:
    On the dark theme code tags make text the same color and is unreadable.

https://i.gyazo.com/b92609d4314fd13d55300f7ae24e5218.png

Please empty / clear your cache. This was sorted days ago :)

saibal said: The OK and Cancel button captions for adding hyperlinks have the same color as the background. They do change to green on hover. I could not dismiss the dialog after adding the link (neither OK nor Cancel works), had to click outside the dialog to dismiss.

Sorted :) . Dismissing it still doesn't work by clicking ok / cancel, that's a more long-term thingy.

saibal said: Edit: Even the edit gear wheel has the same color as the background. I thought this new Vanilla does not allow posts to be edited at first. Hard to see below:

Sorted :)

Francisco said: It'd be nice if we could tab from the textarea for comments right to Post Comment. Right now it links to the Markdown wikipedia.

There is a tabindex on the Post Comment option but I'm afraid it's overridden by the editor. I'm kinda missing ctrl + enter myself but I'll have to look into the editor at some point to fix a few things so while I'm at it I'll take a peek at this :)

Thanked by (3)ITLabs mikho flips

UPDATES IN - HARD REFRESH!

• Thanks for the hard work, Design Team! I think the UX improvements since the start has made the forum so much more user-friendly. It's a lot easier to understand the various state of discussions on different platforms! I am really enjoying the UX a lot better than the one on LET. It's like a short-sighted person putting on glasses after years of blurry vision.

Thanked by (2)Solaire nullnothere

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• poisson said: Thanks for the hard work, Design Team! ...

Hear Hear!

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • saibalsaibal OG
    edited November 2019

Thanks Solaire for the updates :smiley:
    And phill too :smirk:

Quick nitpick: can the Design Team tag (maybe other roles too as long as they're contributing more than a general member) be in a different color so that it/they stand(s) out?

Thanked by (3)Solaire mikho Amitz

@saibal said:
    Thanks Solaire for the updates :smiley:

and @phill

Thanked by (3)saibal Solaire Amitz

Latest theme updates in, I have incremented the theme version which should force everyone's cache to update for them but just in case

hard refresh!

Thanks for the updates @Solaire @Phill

Thanked by (4)Solaire poisson Amitz flips

This discussion has been closed.