[mrvm.net] - closing Romania location

mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Earlier this week I wrote and sent this to all customers with a Romania location.

As everyone hasn’t replied to the email, I’m posting the info here as well for public knowledge.

It is with great sadness I'm writing this email today.

After countless hours of trying to get the Romania node to be stable and working as expected, the time has come to throw in the towel.

It is no secret that this was a KVM node and the problems all began with IPv6 connectivity coming and going, disk speed not being up to par to which one should expect.

The random shutdowns of the KVM from the provider with the only reason given was "disk activity to high, your KVM was shut down to protect the node".

There were also a bold sentence that recommended me to "upgrade to XEN as it handles higher load better".

Their latest news is that the KVM is now suspended due to "Overdue on payment" even though the due date is still 11 days to go. I know/suspect that this is a standard WHMCS message sent out when no reason is given when the KVM was suspended.

I'm not a man writing long emails, so Iäm going straight to the point. Romania is being shut down forever.

I'm left with two options:

• Offer a full refund of your service in Romania
• A new instance at the location of your choice.
Feel free to open a ticket to let me know which option you are going to take.

Once more, this was not something I hoped for.

Sorry for the inconvenience

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

Thanked by (1)ThracianDog

Comments

• TIL you had a .ro location

All the best mikho :-)

Thanked by (1)mikho

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• It's a fairly new. Came online around the same time as Japan and Italy I believe.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@skorous said:
    It's a fairly new. Came online around the same time as Japan and Italy I believe.

Yes, it was fairly new. Never matched my standards. It had to go.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

butts.boats.ro

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @Clouvider said:
    Where was it hosted at, out of curiosity ?

Oh look! Another thread where Dom starts provoking other providers in an attempt to smear more providers. You need to grow up, kid.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

@Clouvider said:

I’m not into naming or shaming. The name will not be mentioned by me in public.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG
    edited February 2020

@mikho said:

@Clouvider said:

Found it anyway, public info, just my laziness.

@dahartigan said:

@Clouvider said:

Oh look! Another thread where Dom starts provoking other providers in an attempt to smear more providers. You need to grow up, kid.

Oh look! Someone needs to cry again ? .

How is your gig at HostDoc going @dahartigan ? Still breaching GDPR by processing these live chat messages ?

Or are you with another host whose internal info you’ll plaster in a few months time on the forums as you did with them ?

@dahartigan @Clouvider

Take your catfight somewhere else.
    Like you said @Clouvider, public info ;)

• @Clouvider said:

@mikho said:

@Clouvider said:

Found it anyway, public info, just my laziness.

@dahartigan said:

@Clouvider said:

Oh look! Someone needs to cry again ? .

Sorry if that made you cry.

How is your gig at HostDoc going @dahartigan ? Still breaching GDPR by processing these live chat messages ?

Turn it up to 11 eh? You know I stopped volunteering my time with hostdoc a long time ago, do you have a poor memory? You couldn't help yourself but to mention GDPR again, I at least got a giggle and I'm sure many reading did too. And yes, I am still processing those messages with a gmail filter straight to spam.

Or are you with another host whose internal info you’ll plaster in a few months time on the forums as you did with them ?

You're really turning it up to 11 now. Internal information that was public already, sure. Anything even remotely "business confidential" absolutely not. Go check your facts before talking shit and trying to create some kind of drama where none exists.

As a side note, a fun way to get quickly drunk would be to play a drinking game whereby you take a shot every time @Clouvider comes into a thread and either attacks another provider (or rep) or mentions GDPR.

@mikho sorry for for noise, saw Dom pull his usual shit and had to call him out. If only he was capable of conducting himself in a more professional manner while representing the business he works for and refrained from further attacks and ad hominem antics.

/out

@dahartigan said:

@mikho sorry for for noise, saw Dom pull his usual shit and had to call him out. If only he was capable of conducting himself in a more professional manner while representing the business he works for and refrained from further attacks and ad hominem antics.

/out

I disagree with you on that, the question was legitimate. I was asked the same question in private.

In this case you assumed the reason, based on previous history.
    You could have easily moved along and these messages would never had seen the light of day.

Thanked by (2)dev Clouvider

• @mikho said:

@dahartigan said:

/out

I disagree with you on that, the question was legitimate. I was asked the same question in private.

You could have easily moved along and these messages would never had seen the light of day.

No worries, but I think you are foolish if you believe that. I'm happy to agree to disagree and move on. I'll leave this thread alone now unless I'm raised.

• devdev OG
    edited February 2020

@dahartigan said:

@mikho said:

@dahartigan said:

/out

No worries, but I think you are foolish if you believe that. I'm happy to agree to disagree and move on. I'll leave this thread alone now unless I'm raised.

Noting wrong with being curious. I was thinking of asking the same question too/

• @Clouvider @dahartigan , take your married couple fight to the bedroom please. No need to argue in the living room, in front of friends and family.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@seriesn said:
    @Clouvider @dahartigan , take your married couple fight to the bedroom please. No need to argue in the living room, in front of friends and family.

No, no, I'm enjoying this. I don't know why the hell Dom has to do this; I'm assuming it's possibly alcohol related.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

My pronouns are like/subscribe.