Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart

2»

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Emmet said:
    Do any of these run reliably in China?

If anyone's interested, KeepSolid seems to be available for $15/lifetime. https://forums.redflagdeals.com/stacksocial-keepsolid-lifetime-vpn-5-device-15-usd-20-cdn-2356966/

I don't think any of these run reliably in China, given that the GFW is ever growing. Best is to inquire about that with the support because their surely won't boast about it.

Thanked by (2)WSS Emmet
  • @Ympker said: I don't think any of these run reliably in China, given that the GFW is ever growing. Best is to inquire about that with the support because their surely won't boast about it.

Followed up. VPN Unlimited claims to work in China. Windscribe does work in China, to an extent. I've had FastestVPN once and it did work for a few days before it stopped working.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Updated chart to include my latest purchase: Keepsolid Smart DNS Lifetime (28$)

• Is FastestVPN you have in the chart the same as https://fastestvpn.com/ ? They don't seem to support wireguard (anymore?).

edited May 2020

@foxone said:
    Is FastestVPN you have in the chart the same as https://fastestvpn.com/ ? They don't seem to support wireguard (anymore?).

Yes, it's exactly that one. I never knew they supported Wireguard.

• @Ympker said:

@foxone said:
    Is FastestVPN you have in the chart the same as https://fastestvpn.com/ ? They don't seem to support wireguard (anymore?).

I asked their chat, and they say wireguard is not supported. Can you check if it's still available?

edited May 2020

@foxone said:

@Ympker said:

@foxone said:

I asked their chat, and they say wireguard is not supported. Can you check if it's still available?

Smart DNS does not have Wireguard. Keepsolid VPN does have Wireguard.

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/blog/introducing-wireguard-vpn-protocol/

Wireguard is an option in Windows and Android Client and I can also create a config for manual setup:

• I was talking about FastestVPN actually... Looking for a vpn to do some ip rotation while crawling

@foxone said:
    I was talking about FastestVPN actually... Looking for a vpn to do some ip rotation while crawling

Ah, I dont think FastestVPN has Wireguard. Ivacy/Pure VPN don't either.

WIP: Adding a list of LE users that use the VPNs mentioned in my comparison chart:

• Added KeepsolidVPN. Found a whopping 36 LE users who are using it (probably more that I have missed). List has been updated.

Next up: Ivacy, FastestVPN, Windscribe Pro. Stay tuned :)

edited April 2023

GooseVPN (dutch lifetime vpn) has been added to the list :) Pulled the trigger yesterday.

Updated existing entries in the list. Tl;dr:

• R4AW VPN has been out of business for a while. I never really used them though, so didn't notice. --> LTD Canary has been updated.
    • Updated fastest protocol of existing entries (mostly Wireguard is now the fastest protocol on the respective providers)
    Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • What does LTD stand for?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

VPS providers to check out:

@chitree said:
    What does LTD stand for?

LTD is most likely usually meant as a form of a company, but in this case, I like to call "lifetime deals" LTDs :D

Thanked by (1)chitree
  • @Ympker How do you manually configure fastestvpn wireguard? I can't find any details on their website.

edited January 6

@mee2 said:
    @Ympker How do you manually configure fastestvpn wireguard? I can't find any details on their website.

They don't offer manual config for wg afaik. I either use their client, but usually, I am using Keepsolid/Windscribe anyway :D

• mee2mee2 OG
    edited January 6

@Ympker said:

@mee2 said:
    @Ympker How do you manually configure fastestvpn wireguard? I can't find any details on their website.

They don't offer manual config for wg afaik. I either use their client, but usually, I am using Keepsolid/Windscribe anyway :D

Ok thanks. The spread sheeet has wiregurad in the manual config column for fastestvpn. Needs to be corrected or am I looking wrong?

@mee2 said:

@Ympker said:

@mee2 said:

Ok thanks. The spread sheeet has wiregurad in the manual config column for fastestvpn. Needs to be corrected or am I looking wrong?

Thanks for bringing it up. I must have put this in error. I never used manual wg with FastestVPN. This has been adjusted :)

• @Ympker said:

@mee2 said:

How is the quality of FastestVPN's speed and reliability compared to the others?

• Given that it's free to use at a base level, any thoughts or comparisons on how Proton VPN compares to some of these? At least the free version?

edited January 7

@Joseph said:

@Ympker said:

@mee2 said:

How is the quality of FastestVPN's speed and reliability compared to the others?

Their OVPN and Wireguard speeds were always quite decent when I used them. About 150ish Mbit/s with my 250 Mbit/s line. Due to recent events regarding their owner I haven't been using them much, lately.

@SocksAreComfortable said:
    Given that it's free to use at a base level, any thoughts or comparisons on how Proton VPN compares to some of these? At least the free version?

I recommended Proton VPN to a friend who was looking for smth free once. He seemed to be happy, but I never really tried Proton VPN given I had enough lifetime vpn alternatives 😛

Thanked by (1)SocksAreComfortable
  • @Ympker said:

@Joseph said:

@Ympker said:

@mee2 said:

Their OVPN and Wireguard speeds were always quite decent when I used them. About 150ish Mbit/s with my 250 Mbit/s line. Due to recent events regarding their owner I haven't been using them much, lately.

What changed recently? Their ownership?

• @Ympker Ivacy dont honor anymore extensions. Mine is expiring this month and they dont extend it with reason its 5 years deal not lifetime. Pure bullshit. :)

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• @emperor said: @Ympker Ivacy dont honor anymore extensions. Mine is expiring this month and they dont extend it with reason its 5 years deal not lifetime. Pure bullshit. :)

This is what they told me a month ago when i complained that my lifetime deal is shown as "expired"

@Joseph said:

@Ympker said:

@Joseph said:

@Ympker said:

@mee2 said:

What changed recently? Their ownership?

Members on LE have been posting about how the owner is supposedly involved in criminal activities and wanted by US justice iirc

edited January 7

@emperor said:
    @Ympker Ivacy dont honor anymore extensions. Mine is expiring this month and they dont extend it with reason its 5 years deal not lifetime. Pure bullshit. :)

They renewed my old Ivacy account from 2017 a last year, when I contacted them. But I also bought a new lifetime account with them, because the new one included free port forwarding. So I have been using the new account ever since.

But that's why I prefer that Keepsolid and FastestVPN actually put "lifetime" as subscription period, and not some year.
    Technically there is Oystervpn lifetime on stacksocial now which also looks a bit like Ivacy/Fastestvpn reseller. Maybe that would be an alternative. Haven't tried them yet, though.

edited January 7

@SocksAreComfortable said:
    Given that it's free to use at a base level, any thoughts or comparisons on how Proton VPN compares to some of these? At least the free version?

Just tested NL wireguard with several vpns and proton (free) as fastest. However proton free has only NL, US, JP location and if subbed has recurring fees. I would still prefer a lifetime vpn over a proton sub :)

Mbit/s Download/Upload NL Wireguard:

Proton free NL: 160/41

Ivacy NL: 150/32

Keepsolid NL: 150/31

Windscribe: 150/38

Thanked by (1)SocksAreComfortable