STRIPE Fee's going up.

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I guess the end of free refunds is nigh.

Hello,

We'd like to let you know that we're making some updates to your Stripe fees.

In 2017, we updated our fee handling for refunds and international payments to account for changes in our underlying costs. Since then, we’ve also updated our pricing for Stripe Radar’s fraud protection. Because you were an early user of Stripe, you were exempted from these changes at the time. Beginning May 6, 2020, we’ll be updating your Stripe fees to bring them in line with our current pricing.

What changes you’ll see:

Refunds: We’ll no longer return Stripe fees from the original transaction when refunding a customer.

Fraud protection: Since you started using Stripe, your business has had free access to Radar for Fraud Teams, which helps you customize your fraud protection. Last year, Stripe Radar blocked a total of 7 payments for your business, representing £51.15 in suspected fraud, plus any associated dispute or chargeback fees. Beginning May 6 you’ll be charged £0.02, in line with our current pricing.

All other pricing remains unchanged and your termination rights in your agreement with Stripe are unaffected by this change. You can always find our current pricing and fee details on our pricing page.

You can see more about how Stripe Radar is performing for your business in the Dashboard. If you’d like to disable Radar for Fraud Teams, you can do so in your settings, but note that any custom rules you’ve created will also be disabled.

Best,
The Stripe team

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Thanked by (1)Emmet

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

I’m not too sure but I think that’s scheme related. Can’t do free stuff when it costs you.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Clouvider said:
    I’m not too sure but I think that’s scheme related. Can’t do free stuff when it costs you.

yeah absolutely, I was surprised it remained free for as long as it did, especially when PayPal started keeping some of the fee's, it seems stripe are now keeping all fee's on refund, so for example the last stripe transaction was €48 if that was refunded the cost to me (excluding my time for processing it) would be €1.36 obviously not going to break the bank, but not free either.

The radar thing is handy and literally costs pennies so that's also fine.

Thanked by (2)Lee Clouvider

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Is there really any specific reason for any SMB to not just get their own MIDs in TYOOL 2020?

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• Well, that will likely lower yolo'ness of throwing 20$ into someones mouth that deadpools after x weeks.
    Since you get %% subtracted.

• @WSS said:
    Is there really any specific reason for any SMB to not just get their own MIDs in TYOOL 2020?

There isn't a WikiHow article on how to do it?

Thanked by (1)WSS
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@Neoon said:
    Well, that will likely lower yolo'ness of throwing 20$ into someones mouth that deadpools after x weeks.
    Since you get %% subtracted.

Can you enlighten me a bit?

Who loses out, the provider, customer or both?

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

@SmallWeb said:
    Who loses out, the provider, customer or both?

The customer.

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• @BlaZe said: The customer.

Both, no? Providers will be more hesitant to issue refunds, hurting customers. Providers eat the cost, adding to business costs, hurting providers.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@Emmet said:

@BlaZe said: The customer.

Both, no? Providers will be more hesitant to issue refunds, hurting customers. Providers eat the cost, adding to business costs, hurting providers.

I thought it was like PayPal where the customer gets whatever % is considered a fee returned but the sender of the refund pays it.