MailCheap.co vs MXRoute vs others?

I'm curious about your hot takes about MailCheap.co vs MXRoute vs other alternatives I'm probably missing.

I know that MXRoute is an all-around solid service, that's definitely in a cheaper price bracket than MailCheap.co, Zoho, GApps, etc. I'm curious about alternatives, and it seems MailCheap advertises itself as an "enterprise" alternative, albeit from what I can tell, its support might be weaker and it has reneged on its pricing before.

Have any of you guys used other services and do you guys have any thoughts about these services?

Comments

• WSSWSS OGRetired
    edited March 2020

They're all pretty good.

I've been using MC for a couple years, and they tend to be mostly-reliable, but I lost my server for several hours last year. Given the price, and SMTP being designed to be forgiving, I really can't give a shit. If you need corporate, you need to pay for that.

Thanked by (1)Emmet

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• MXRoute has been reliable for me, MailCheap was fine when I had a plan there. I don't think anyone can beat Jar on price for the quality of service offered though. I don't think I've ever needed to submit a ticket in 4 years or however long its been now.

If you have insane uptime requirements with SLA, then you're going to need to drop $X-XX/mo per account.

🦍🍌

• I use GApps for my main email address, I need reliability for both me and my wife, never had any issues in all the years I have used it. For everything else, I switched to MXRoute. Jarland is committed to the service, had no issues. I was using mailcheap, issues here and there but nothing to really complain about.

• It is no doubt g-suite is the best of the best. Gmail is the best email service in the world, plus the unlimited google drive is one of the best deal in the storage market. And I also use mxroute for some other domains. Their pricing are unbeatable.

Action and Reaction in history

• Been a fan & user of mxroute ❤️. It's pretty damn solid.

Used Zoho & yandex before, but the Jar's commitment on service is the reason why I switched to mxroute ?

Thanked by (1)flips
  • Jumping on the MXRoute bandwagon. Had a plan there for a couple years that I let go to host my own, and went whimpering back to @jarland with my tail between my legs last month and renewed my plan. Excellent product, hands down the best email host.

Thanked by (1)jarland
  • @Emmet said:
    I'm curious about your hot takes about MailCheap.co vs MXRoute vs other alternatives I'm probably missing.

I know that MXRoute is an all-around solid service, that's definitely in a cheaper price bracket than MailCheap.co, Zoho, GApps, etc. I'm curious about alternatives, and it seems MailCheap advertises itself as an "enterprise" alternative, albeit from what I can tell, its support might be weaker and it has reneged on its pricing before.

Have any of you guys used other services and do you guys have any thoughts about these services?

MXRoute is great, I’ve also used SES + DirectAdmin directly and it works great too.

Thanked by (1)jarland