HostingCubes - Updates

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2020

@lee just received the mail about migrating the account, signed up for a new one
    In the process, realized that's a lot of work for you... the fraud/abuse cases were probably the tip of the proverbial iceberg

Best wishes...

Thanked by (2)Lee Ympker
  • LeeLee OG
    edited March 2020

Saw your account, got about 35 signups which I imagine is a crowd of migrators, all accounts have been activated.

Near shit myself when I saw all the signups :). then realised it was all familiar people.

Thanked by (3)vyas Ympker vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Lee said:
    Saw your account, got about 35 signups which I imagine is a crowd of migrators, all accounts have been activated.

Near shit myself when I saw all the signups :). then realised it was all familiar people.

Migration? What happened? All good? :)

• @Ympker said:
    Migration? What happened? All good? :)

Migration to my new custom panel, all good.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

When can I test the hosting?

The email ID I used is sha*****@ti****.co (my 1st & last name)

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• LeeLee OG
    edited April 2020

@BlaZe said:
    When can I test the hosting?

The email ID I used is sha*****@ti****.co (my 1st & last name)

You should be able to create a hosting account, I see your account, but no hosting request.

• Everyone from here should be activated, no need to message me :) and if you do need anything please use the new ticket system.

Still got a few other pending requests and quite a few tickets in progress. But we are nearly there with the new system. Some stats;

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Here I was hoping you'd make a text-navigation menu system, like DesQview.

Thanked by (4)Lee flips skorous Ympker

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• Your service saved me at least an hour in evaulating InvoiceNinja features.
    I think I need to run my own instance on my Virtualmin dedi.

Thanked by (2)Lee Ympker
  • Sorry, that screenshot above was annoying me, had to fix the layout. Got to have a nice looking dashboard, that only I can see...

Thanked by (3)exp3 flips jureve
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

It looks like a php 3 resource monitor.

• @WSS said:
    It looks like a php 3 resource monitor.

Exactly the look I was going for.

• Of course, now I have revealed I should probably have been dealing with those tickets than fucking about with the design...

• Lee is a banker who knows how to code? Wow

Thanked by (2)Lee Abdullah
  • @seriesn said:

@exp3 said:
    Lee is a banker who knows how to code? Wow

He is not lee! He is
    HoLEEShit!

The site is really clean and simple. Very easy to navigate to. I love it. I havent seen what's inside though but from the screenshot it looks really nice too!

• LeeLee OG
    edited April 2020

@exp3 said: Lee is a banker who knows how to code? Wow

Indeed, not much banking going on at the moment.

@exp3 said: The site is really clean and simple. Very easy to navigate to. I love it.

Thanks, I always prefer a simple, clean look. Inside is the same really. I am not a fan of filling up spaces with content or colour just for the sake of it.

It has turned out to be quite a big project in relation to building a new hosting panel from scratch but free hosting is so different to paid and manually trying to control things once you get over a certain size will never work.

Enjoyed it, it has been a challenge at places but it is working incredibly well. Having a custom panel and site like this makes it so much easier for plans I have to offer other services in the future.

Thanked by (2)Abdullah MichaelCee
  • @Lee did you make the site in wordpress and just exported it as html? Or you used a builder?

• LeeLee OG
    edited April 2020

@exp3 said:
    @Lee did you make the site in wordpress and just exported it as html? Or you used a builder?

Neither, I built everything using Laravel. No 3rd party software such as Wordpress used.

Thanked by (1)exp3
  • I am 8 away from 200 users on the new system, get your free hosting now, or else I move all services to ColoCrossing.

Thanked by (2)vyas Ympker
  • @Lee said:
    I am 8 away from 200 users on the new system, get your free hosting now, or else I move all services to ColoCrossing.

Thanked by (2)Lee Ympker
  • now 7 left, just signed up :D

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • Ah, was that you :) I was in the panel doing something so was on the approval in a flash :)

Thanked by (2)Sgrocks quangthang
  • @Lee said:
    Ah, was that you :) I was in the panel doing something so was on the approval in a flash :)

yeah, well thanks
    will be useful for offload sites :)

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • edited April 2020

@Lee Maybe you could implement https://hcaptcha.com/ into your signup page. This would prevent the bots and also help fund your service!

Thanked by (2)Lee Ympker
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

@Lee Go ahead and kill mine. I never did anything with it, and I'm not going to bother to rereg. Jon does enough damage to himself without the need to point it out - Look at his fucking Twitter. HostNamaste? Fucking really!?

Thanked by (1)Lee

• @sillychipolata said:
    @Lee Maybe you could implement https://hcaptcha.com/ into your signup page. This would prevent the bots and also help fund your service!

Yup, I will be putting recatchpa on, well it is on just need to pull the updates once I have completed a couple of other items.

• edited April 2020

@lee could I suggest you use a more privacy focused solution to recapture, which is made by Google. They have also started to charge customers, sure there are plenty of free, privacy focused solutions :)

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • @Mason said: the low, low price of $2/mo

Sorry, in the interest of the Lowend Spirit I have to ask: you mean $2/month or $2/year??

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@pepa65 said:

@Mason said: the low, low price of $2/mo

Sorry, in the interest of the Lowend Spirit I have to ask: you mean $2/month or $2/year??

$2/millennia :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport