Free for life ! KVM storage 1tb hdd for the customer number 100-200-300-400-500-600-700-800-900-999!

Comments

• Can anyone tell me how to join this race? Am I still in count?

⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆ Thanked by (1281): verjin

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

you join by joining, you joined, so you are joined.

Thanked by (2)uptime verjin

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@verjin you are "in count "

As lucky OG member #526, your total odds to win are approximately

1 / 600 + 1 / 700 + 1 / 800 + 1 / 900 + 1 / 999

or about 1/155

:smile:

Thanked by (2)Massimo verjin

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• @uptime said:
    @verjin you are "in count "

As lucky OG member #526, your total odds to win are approximately

1 / 600 + 1/700 + 1/800 + 1/900 + 1/999

or about 1/155

:smile:

Nice math :0

Thanked by (3)uptime verjin kkrajk
  • @uptime Sadly I seems to lost the plaintext, I suspect it is because I don't feel like it is useful anymore so I deleted it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @FAT32 - lol! okay, no problem - thanks anyway

We can just use the method suggested by @solaire using the "contributed integers" hash as a seed

>>> import random
    >>> random.seed(0xafb52feddaf080f980f1fbf7688f0a8df8ca0dbaecfb6e32a554006dbdc8bff7)
    >>> random.randint(1,600)

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/profile/137/winner600 is OG @nullnothere :scream:

Are you here @nullnothere ? You are am have won 1 TB KVM storage FREE FOR LIFE from @cociu :open_mouth:

• @uptime said: Are you here @nullnothere ? You are am have won 1 TB KVM storage FREE FOR LIFE from @cociu

Wow! Is this for real? I've not been good enough to deserve such a rich treat and I'm worried Santa is playing tricks on me.

Please give me a hard kick on my backside to confirm that this is not a dream or a simulation (or a dream within a simulation).

I have won something, so I must exist, therefore I am.

P.S: 137 is prime. But unlike some other wise creatures, I'm not (yet) able to see anything great in it. Yet I have something to cherish for life now. I need to find something nice about 137.

P.P.S: Thank you - whoever rigged that dice hash...

Thanked by (3)uptime vimalware dosai
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

@nullnothere congratulations ? Santa still rememberers you

Thanked by (1)nullnothere

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

• @nullnothere congratulations - glad you are here to celebrate our triumphant randomness, thanks to all who contributed their luckiest of lucky numbers to make the hash

I will start the next string of contributed digits with the lucky number 137

anybody reading should feel free to please post a (random/lucky) integer for the next hash to be used as a seed for the next random selection - which will happen when LES reaches 700 signups (probably in a week or so)

• @uptime said: I will start the next string of contributed digits with the lucky number 137

May the randomness (and luck) be with you (and whomsoever is up next for the lucky draw). I have to actually reread this thread a bit more carefully to figure out the goings on since I have been bestowed a great fortune cookie from @cociu. I'm just thinking if there's any gift that (keeps) giving, this is probably it!

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • congratulations @nullnothere

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• Congratulations!!! Enjoy it during Xmas and beyond!!!

This space intentionally left blank

• Romanian storage is not just for Christmas.

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

Oh god of randomness, please help me win!

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Butts.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• question is, has @cociu provided the vps or people are just winning and are trying to reach him?

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

hello @tgl - I am sure all will be provisionated in due course but for now have been in "no worry, no hurry" mode so have not yet checked back with winners so far: @FAT32 @Kyle_ @yng68bld and @nullnothere ...

I imagine sometime early next year we may still be drawing for the last couple prizes so might just wait until then to ping @cociu - I have been sending him a PM to let him know about each winner in the meantime.

Also might note that I have not yet heard back from @Kyle_ so may still need to revisit that selection (for OG accounts 1-500) - can also wait a few weeks to follow up on that I think. @Kyle_ where are you? On a long vacation? Alrighty then!

Anyway ... in the meantime please do feel free to add a few more random digits to make a proper hash for the next selection, if you might feel so inclined. The verifiably consistent pseudo-randomness of this process is my penultimate priority at this point, second only to the relentless pursuit of lulz, for great justice, etc. :smiley:

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @uptime its good you sent him a PM, I wanted to do that myself, I trust that he will provide all he said

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • I'll stick with prime numbers: #17

Thanked by (1)uptime

Thanked by (1)uptime

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• 42*3.14 ;)

• Wait, I missed something. Why are people posting numbers?

Thanked by (1)uptime

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• @somik said:
    Wait, I missed something. Why are people posting numbers?

We are counting down to the New Year.

Thanked by (2)TheDP uptime
  • I give you : 42023

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @somik said:
    Wait, I missed something. Why are people posting numbers?

mainly a complicated celebration of securitah theater - goal is to create a pseudo-random seed for a pseudo-random number generator ...

once there are 700 signups these contributed numbers will be concatenated into a single string, and the sha256 hash of that string will be used as the seed for the PNRG

I do realize that it is still possible for a motivated "player" to game the selection by keeping track of the contributed numbers and adding their own carefully selected capstone digits at the last microsecond before the 700th signup ...

Now, while I sure would be impressed if anyone were to actually do this, I guess one more wrinkle to add at this point is just the slightest sprinkling of secret salt (to be revealed when the selection is run)

the sha256sum of the salt is "3bed90794222c974d6235ed776965079c52b727b59588a64f4eb58ba1d36bb94"

(I'll insert the corresponding mystery digits after @vimalware's 42023)

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Way to give the new forum support and a "push-start". :+1:

@cociu

Thanked by (2)uptime vimalware

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• This thread is getting ridiculously long.

42 * ∞

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @nullnothere seed more mate!

• 14 . . .

Thanked by (1)uptime
This discussion has been closed.