[mrVM] - Bundle TopUP * or * 6 x 256MB VPS for $18 p/YEAR! * or * 3 x 256MB for $9 !! ONLY 20 availa

mikhomikho AdministratorOG

A merry Christms to all of you!

Every now and then I'm asked about a bundle topup, some way to add additional locations at the same bundle price and this christmas I will give you a special deal! All Topup orders placed before 2019-12-31 @ midnight are eligble for this deal.

• No setup fee
  • No requirement to add additional year(s) to service(s) you already have.

I'm in the christmas spirit and will keep the requirements to a minimum. And I'll even throw in a step-by-
step guide

• You have ordered a bundle previously.
  • You must add ALL missing locations. A bundle is a bundle ;)
  • Renewal date on new locations will be set to the same as your current bundle renewal date.
  • You must place the order BUT do NOT pay at this point!!!!
  • Open a ticket requesting a bundle topup and your order number
  • I will update the price on your order to MATCH your bundle order!
  • You pay the updated invoice and get fresh new idle servers

As the Black Friday/Cyber monday deal was so popular, I've restocked Singapore, added a sixth location to the Europe and USA bundles and opened this offer up again for an additional 20 orders.

All servers below are NAT IPv4 + IPv6 enabled.

All servers come with:

• 1 vCPU (See FUP in terms)
  • 256 MB RAM
  • 5GB HDD
  • 500 GB BW

EUROPE

• Bulgaria
  • Norway
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Romania

That is 6 VPS for just $18 in TOTAL for a whole YEAR!
Order Link: https://clients.mrvm.net/cart.php?a=add&bid=17

USA

• New York
  • West Virginia
  • Kansas City
  • Lenoir
  • Las Vegas
  • Seattle

That is 6 VPS for just $18 in **TOTAL **for a whole YEAR!
Order Link: https://clients.mrvm.net/cart.php?a=add&bid=18

ASIA Pacific

• Sydney
  • Perth
  • Singapore

That is 3 VPS for just $9 in TOTAL for a whole YEAR!
Order Link: https://clients.mrvm.net/cart.php?a=add&bid=19

IMPORTANT: Due to the ridiculously low pricing I am unable to entertain any change or variation under any circumstances, asking simply hurts my ability to be able to bring offers like this to the community. I appreciate your understanding.

It should go without saying but just in case, these are none refundable.

Features:

All locations have HAproxy front ends fully automated so you can host your site including https
Tun/TAP available
Fuse available
NFS available
All IPv4 are NAT
You get 20 ports forwarded + 1 special port for ssh access over IPv4

All locations come with a routed IPv6 subnet

You will get access to the Virtualizor control panel for server management.

Bandwidth resets monthly

Common uses are:

• Teamspeak Servers
  • VPN Servers
  • Proxy Servers
  • Web Servers
  • Distributed database master<>master/slave setups
  • Scrapers
  • Cheap HA using Cloudflare and round-robin DNS
  • IRC clients (IPv6 only)

Simple terms overview:

• No torrenting
  • NO TOR
  • TOR is not allowed!
  • No crypto mining/wallets
  • No bulk mailing
  • No IRC Servers

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

Comments

• Question I have been meaning to ask: is there any on 100mbps ports? I have some servers and I think most are 1gbps ports but some seem to be 100mbits. Just curious.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@poisson said:
    Question I have been meaning to ask: is there any on 100mbps ports? I have some servers and I think most are 1gbps ports but some seem to be 100mbits. Just curious.

France is 100mbit.
    I've been told that a couple of other locations are locked down to 100mbit but I have managed to get higher speeds. I don't dare to say which locations in case someone is reading :)

Thanked by (2)poisson bdl

• @mikho said: All locations have HAproxy front ends fully automated so you can host your site including https

Would be really interested to know how this works?
    Any tutorial or something I could follow?

@evnix said:

@mikho said: All locations have HAproxy front ends fully automated so you can host your site including https

Would be really interested to know how this works?
    Any tutorial or something I could follow?

In the control panel, click on domain forwarding, select http/https and enter your domain name.
    Make an A record in your dns and add the external ipv4.

Shortest tutorial I’ve ever written, probably missing some steps. ??‍♂️

Thanked by (1)uptime

• @mikho said: Shortest tutorial I’ve ever written, probably missing some steps. ??‍♂️

Sorry I meant how did you make this happen? How did you automate this process yourself
    Normally when I setup a VPS it is a lot of work to setup Certbot, Nginx etc etc.

@evnix said:

@mikho said: Shortest tutorial I’ve ever written, probably missing some steps. ??‍♂️

Sorry I meant how did you make this happen? How did you automate this process yourself
    Normally when I setup a VPS it is a lot of work to setup Certbot, Nginx etc etc.

Virtualizor

Thanked by (1)evnix

• I'm curious if you have considered a world wide bundle like 2 in the states, 2 somewhere in europe, 1 in an asian country?

Thanked by (3)ktoan Asim yoursunny
  • DanielDaniel OG
    edited December 2019

@evnix said: How did you automate this process yourself
    Normally when I setup a VPS it is a lot of work to setup Certbot, Nginx etc etc

If you set up a lot of VPSes, it's definitely worth learning how to use Ansible. You can automate everything so you can just run one command and it sets everything up :)

Thanked by (2)uptime skorous

@APenguinWeb said:
    I'm curious if you have considered a world wide bundle like 2 in the states, 2 somewhere in europe, 1 in an asian country?

I have, as WHMCS works, I have to create one bundle package for each combination.
    Haven’t counted, but it is a lot of bundle packages to create.

On the other hand, there has always been a discount when adding 4 or more locations to the cart at one time.

• Add 4+ locations of your choice to the cart.
    • At checkout the price will update, discount varies as it changes from time to time.

• @mikho said: No bulk mailing

Curious about this rule! After all, isn't impossible to use NAT ports for mailing, without having access to the node to use mail ports?

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

@jvnadr said:

@mikho said: No bulk mailing

Curious about this rule! After all, isn't impossible to use NAT ports for mailing, without having access to the node to use mail ports?

There is always sending, even though smtp (outbound) is blocked over ipv4, there is always ipv6 (not blocked)

• @mikho said: There is always sending, even though smtp (outbound) is blocked over ipv4, there is always ipv6 (not blocked)

But using ipv6 for mail, is like gambling. You never know if the recipient has ipv6 capability to receive the mail, don't you?

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

@jvnadr said:

@mikho said: There is always sending, even though smtp (outbound) is blocked over ipv4, there is always ipv6 (not blocked)

But using ipv6 for mail, is like gambling. You never know if the recipient has ipv6 capability to receive the mail, don't you?

Still, the rule is there for a reason.
    It’s better this way around then the other?
    Instead of waiting for it to happen and then try to take action.

• jvnadrjvnadr OG
    edited December 2019

@mikho said: Instead of waiting for it to happen and then try to take action.

The rule is fine, I'm asking more as a learning curve. I run some non mail needed services with you, but i use heavily NAT on my own dedicated servers for some services. I haven't search a lot, mailing from those NAT instances, but from time to time there is a need of mail sending capability - not to be used as a mail server for normal mails, but more of alerts or verifications (e.g. a contact form in a website that sends the info in a mail).
    Of course, in a situation like this, it is rather easy to use ipv6 and a gmail account to receive them, I guess!

@jvnadr
    Unless you block outbound smtp on the node, it wont be a problem sending the occasional email from a nat container.

Thanked by (1)jvnadr

@jvnadr
    Or use a service like mailgun with their alternative email ports for sending.
    With some thinking ”out of the box”, you might even use them for incomming emails. ;)

Thanked by (1)jvnadr

• @mikho said: Or use a service like mailgun with their alternative email ports for sending.

I did that, it works. I am now searching if I can use services like mailgun to send via ipv6 and ending (thru transcactional email) be sent from their shared ipv4

• AsimAsim OGServices Provider

Suggestion: Please make a popular bundle with the following 6 locations

• Germany
    • France
    • Norway
    • New York (US-East)
    • Kansas City (US-Central)
    • Seattle (US-West)
  • Anyone know which images work consistently across all europe?
    During order Debian 7 chosen but resulted in 4 instances with no OS installed and not available as a re-install option.
    Ticket opened but asking here for the benefit of others to avoid same question being asked.

• DanielDaniel OG
    edited December 2019

@msatt said: Debian 7 chosen

Debian 8 was released in 2015... Debian 7 is ridiculously old now.

For all the OpenVZ7-based services, the Debian 10 image works very well. It's likely you're not seeing Debian 7 for the OpenVZ7 services as Debian 7 images only exist for OpenVZ6.

Thanked by (1)msatt
  • @Daniel said: Debian 7 is ridiculously old now

That and Centos-6 were the only options allowed when ordering.
    Just tried Debian 10 (thanks). It has worked in 2 locations out of 6 and 1 location did not have it so used Debian 9 which has worked.

• @mikho
    1. I bought BF bundle before, they are really good. The Seattle location was not included in the BF bundle. I have opened a ticket (#73420) a day ago requesting a bundle topup, could you update the invoice so I can pay it.
    2. I think US-LAS node is down, not sure if it is a known issue.

@htgy said:

1. Having family over for christmas, will take care of it when there is time.
    2. Known issue, no response from the Provider I use there.

Thanked by (1)htgy

• @mikho said:

@htgy said:

1. Having family over for christmas, will take care of it when there is time.
    2. Known issue, no response from the Provider I use there.

Merry Christmas!

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • @Asim said:
    Suggestion: Please make a popular bundle with the following 6 locations

• Germany
    • France
    • Norway
    • New York (US-East)
    • Kansas City (US-Central)
    • Seattle (US-West)

I'd order one of those bundles

Thanked by (1)Asim
  • All bundles gone.

• @msatt said: Just tried Debian 10 (thanks). It has worked in 2 locations out of 6 and 1 location did not have it so used Debian 9 which has worked

For locations that are on OpenVZ6, Debian 9 is the latest version that you can use. Debian 10 doesn't work on OpenVZ6. For OpenVZ7, if any locations don't have a Debian 10 image, you should be able to install Debian 9 then upgrade to Debian 10. Easy way to tell is to check the kernel version using uname -a; a 2.6.xxx kernel means it's OpenVZ 6.

Thanked by (1)msatt
  • @Daniel said: For OpenVZ7, if any locations don't have a Debian 10 image, you should be able to install Debian 9 then upgrade to Debian 10. Easy way to tell is to check the kernel version using uname -a; a 2.6.xxx kernel means it's OpenVZ 6.

In OpenVZ 7 there was a bug with libc.so.1 or something causing Debian 10 not to boot if you tried to upgrade. Not sure if that applies to v6.
    As for uname -a, it reports 4.19 in my OVZ7 VPS'es, so I guess it fakes/emulates something.

@flips said:
    As for uname -a, it reports 4.19 in my OVZ7 VPS'es, so I guess it fakes/emulates something.

It’s all fake in the virtual reality.

• @AlSwearengen said:
    All bundles gone.

Christmas gone.